What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Dragonscales

Juniors
Exactly and we were within a bees sting of getting Bellamy and Bennett again so dont tell me there is no money for a coach!@!

Bellamy was 4-5 years ago and was never going to come. We had an advantage in signing Bennett as he's coached us before, Bennett isn't concerned with money anymore.

coastiedragon

Juniors
F_ _ k this shit he has to make changes to show these show ponies there not protected doesnt he say there is a lot of competition for spots
1 dufty
2 flo
3 aiken
4 milne
5 kffl
6 widdop
7 mcrone
8 packer
9 havili
10 ah mau
11 frizell
12 thompson
13 sims

14 de belin
15 lui
16 leilua
18 sele

Dragonscales

Juniors
F_ _ k this shit he has to make changes to show these show ponies there not protected doesnt he say there is a lot of competition for spots
1 dufty
2 flo
3 aiken
4 milne
5 kffl
6 widdop
7 mcrone
8 packer
9 havili
10 ah mau
11 frizell
12 thompson
13 sims

14 de belin
15 lui
16 leilua
18 sele

No Dugan? Havili playing 80 mins? No Number 17?

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
WAS always able to make the team playing with effort. Clearly no longer. Whether it's all due to MacGregor, or its because the club is playing games with contracts, or who knows what. In any case, losing by 30 points to the 14th placed team is unacceptable. I'll await a statement from the club/ coach/ players before making further comment.

coastiedragon

Juniors
1 dufty
2 flo
3 aiken
4 milne
5 kffl
6 widdop
7 mcrone
8 packer
9 havili
10 ah mau
11 frizell
12 thompson
13 sims

14 de belin
15 lui
16 leilua
18 sele

GKJ79

Juniors
1 dufty
2 flo
3 aiken
4 milne
5 kffl
6 widdop
7 mcrone
8 packer
9 havili
10 ah mau
11 frizell
12 thompson
13 sims

14 de belin
15 lui
16 leilua
18 sele

No, big mistake letting dufty, milne, leilua or sele anywhere near Mcgregor, they will see how clueless he is and definitely won't re sign, hopefully Head takes them all the way this year, Mcgregor is shown the door, we sign a proper coach, then hopefully we can keep them, otherwise we are £ucked.

Dragonscales

Juniors
In Terms of Recruitment.

Dragons may be a better team than the Tigers, Titans, Rabbitohs, Roosters, Manly (According to the Ladder at least).

But that's completely irrelevant when the brand of footy we play is completely repulsive to any player off-contract. Unless they're a genuine premiership contender, no one wants to join a grinding team. At least the Tigers, Titans etc. can play attacking and attractive footy.

Dorsai

Juniors
Supporter for 47 that I can remember but told I could add another 5+ years to that running around as a kid. The coaching staff, not just coach should be sacked immediately. Trouble is, he is an Illawarra boy and he won't be shown the door. If he is we will probably end up with Hornby or young ffs goes from bad to fu#%ing worse

Dorsai

Juniors
No, big mistake letting dufty, milne, leilua or sele anywhere near Mcgregor, they will see how clueless he is and definitely won't re sign, hopefully Head takes them all the way this year, Mcgregor is shown the door, we sign a proper coach, then hopefully we can keep them, otherwise we are £ucked.

Drop 3,5,6,14 off your list and see where we go. Ffl might score tries but he can't tackle and is swollen in defence, can't read play and never where he is supposed to be. Aitken can't read defensive plays. Widdop just needs to be dropped full stop and frankly I can't see anything in Simms.

Dragonbaal

Juniors
Can someone please explain to me why the illawarra side of the board have sooo much say and influence? The st george side of the merger has bailed their leagues club out of trouble so many times its not funny, and isnt it supposed to be a 50/50 board?

PS What has happened to the famous Bruce Gordon assuming 50 percent of ownership?? All quiet on that front

BringTheNoise

Juniors
He clearly needs to go. Yet it doesn't even look like his position is under threat? WTF is going on?

Here is a barometer of how bad we are going right now: Nathan Green looked like a legitimate first grader against us tonight... He even scored a try!!!

Dorsai

Juniors
His acquisition gives him controlling votes. its not 50/50 anymore. Expect more games at Illawarra, less games at Kogarah and more games using that pathetic red strip. I would not be surprised if at some point it's renamed the Illawarra Dragons.
Call me for whatever you like, am just stating what I see coming down the line in the future.

thebigredv

First Grade
It's high time someone in Sydney or the Gong hits the garage and opens up a new can of red paint.

Down Brown, Oust Doust, Slice Price...

Coffs dragon

Bench
Just swap Demetriou and Mcgreggor can go coach his beloved Illawarra Cutters under the keen eye of Sean O'connor (dickhead director) whom claimed he will be better than Bennett

That was so far the lowest point of 40+ years of support for my beloved Dragons. Equal to some of the worst games under Steve Price.

No structure, no organisation, no discipline, no creativity - no leadership! ...no idea!!

It could be the most cringeworthy game I've seen from this club.

I agree with other comments made that the coaching staff really don't seem to be able to prepare the team mentally for what was a relatively straight foward, but MUST win game. Manly did not have form and actually weren't great opposition. But we were THAT BAD. Except for our first set of six, we were not at all even slightly competitive.

But what really disgusted me, there was no will. At the 50th - ish minute, we dropped the ball and waiting to pack the scrum, all what the body language of our players said was - they already wanted the game to be over.

We've ALWAYS held our heads high and had a dig. But not this time.

I don't know about sacking the coach mid-season. I am proud we are not that sort of club. It's a silly idea.

The search for something better - should be ongoing.

In the meantime, Paul McGregor needs support, not condemnation.

Especially from us.

Mr Red

First Grade
Two pefect candidates doing nothing in Cleary and Toovey, but the board will wait until no one is available before sacking Mary and be forced to give the gig to some other under performing person...

Latest posts