What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Saint or sinner

Juniors
This was one of the worst performances ..even by our standards ...can't pass can't catch can't tackle ..can't score.. Even against a team running last ..looked like there was no pride in jersey at all ..we have massive issues ..coach and a few players time to move on..embarassing

FlameThrower

Bench
Respect/
No team respects us
No other team fans respect us
Other coaches don't respect us
Ref's don't respect us
Even sports commentators don't respect us.
Dragons management don't respect their own fans.
And sorry to say....there is no respect in the jersey by our own players

FlameThrower

Bench
I was excited at the beginning of the year hoping for a better season thinking big Mose was going to be fit & firing with the rest of our pack so our backs would get plenty of room to move. I purchased my six game flexi pass without any apprehension for what was in store for the team I have followed for over 35 years . I can HONESTLY say prior to this season I have always looked forward to watching (at home) or listening to the dragons games when I'm at work. By about round 8 I had already come to the conclusion we were shot for the year !!! WE CANT SCORE POINTS & ESPECIALLY IN THE SECOND HALVES of games . It's gut wrenching watching such a boring team & the one I PASSIONATELY FOLLOW. It's come to the point of me feeling indifferent with my beloved DRAGONS. Tonight I didn't even listen to the game knowing I would be disappointed at the rubble we have become & are dishing out every week. Save Our Saints PLEASE

X 10....same boat here...

St Georgio

Juniors
This was one of the worst performances ..even by our standards ...can't pass can't catch can't tackle ..can't score.. Even against a team running last ..looked like there was no pride in jersey at all ..we have massive issues ..coach and a few players time to move on..embarassing

A new coach will keep the players he wants and those who he believes must move on, but it is becoming a matter of urgency to replace McGregor, Tony Smith is a must for 2017!

Coffs dragon

Bench
**Memo to Peter Doust :- Ring Madge Maguire 1st thing Tuesday morning and offer him the head coaching role 2017 after Rusty terminates his contract this year. Tell him to bring a broom and shovel and he has full say to fix the mess and dislodge the old boys club.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
X 10....same boat here...
You had more hope than me. The Auckland nines was the first worrying sign. No games won and a -29 points differential after 54 minutes of football. Then the charity shield which we never looked like winning. Then the usual inglorious start to the season proper, and you come away wondering whether the team actually did anything in the off season. We win a couple of dour games and you hope the team has turned a corner. Then you come up against a team , any team, who are prepared to play football and you realise how sad and disjointed the team and club we support has become.

grouch

First Grade
He was obviously the wrong choice as coach from as far back as the Penrith game at WIN in late 2014, when he was still supposedly in caretaker mode.

Time to cauterise this gaping, septic wound. Sack him, get a new coach in now so he can familiarise himself and start planning for 2018.

dragonreddy

Juniors
...well, it's a bit Australian politics.:shock: Don't get the results - sack! Feel better that you've been swift and decisive in actioning the problem.

And if the next person doesn't get the results - sack them too?

The cycle of sacking leaders o demonstrate a desire to effect change must be tempered with honouring a commitment you made to them in the position. Whether it is serving your full term as PM or seeing out the length of the coaching contract both parties agreed to.

If you keep sacking leaders - then what do you contend with? Instability and disdain.

Like I said, the search for something better must be on going. Maybe there are critical signings contingent upon stability to get them over the line.

Long term, stability wins every time

It has to work both ways on the honoring of the commitment McGregor agreed to coach the side as a first grade coach ,which he has since proven he isn't ,so he hasn't fulfilled his side of the contract, any position of authority and leadership has to have benchmarks (kpi,s) to be achieved .

This is an abysmally coached side and the coach has to go now,its simple the board made the wrong choice again,but because of pig headed arrogance will fail to acknowledge any responsibility as usual.

Last edited:

DUB888

Juniors
You had more hope than me. The Auckland nines was the first worrying sign. No games won and a -29 points differential after 54 minutes of football. Then the charity shield which we never looked like winning. Then the usual inglorious start to the season proper, and you come away wondering whether the team actually did anything in the off season. We win a couple of dour games and you hope the team has turned a corner. Then you come up against a team , any team, who are prepared to play football and you realise how sad and disjointed the team and club we support has become.

It has to work both ways on the honoring of the commitment McGregor agreed to coach the side as a first grade coach ,which he has since proven he isn't ,so he hasn't fulfilled his side of the contract, any position of authority and leadership has to have benchmarks (kpi,s) to be achieved .

This is an abysmally coached side and the coach has to go now,its simple the board made the wrong choice again,but because of pig headed arrogance will fail to acknowledge any responsibility as usual.

:clap::clap::clap:

grouch

First Grade
I don't know about sacking the coach mid-season. I am proud we are not that sort of club.

Well, at least we've finally had someone articulate exactly what sort of club we are these days. I was wondering, since..

We're not the sort of club that plays at their home anymore
We're not the sort of club that promotes local stars anymore
We're not the sort of club that desires premierships anymore

Turns out, we're the sort of club that doesn't sack coaches mid-season. Awe-inspiring

since77

Juniors
Well, at least we've finally had someone articulate exactly what sort of club we are these days. I was wondering, since..

We're not the sort of club that plays at their home anymore
We're not the sort of club that promotes local stars anymore
We're not the sort of club that desires premierships anymore

Turns out, we're the sort of club that doesn't sack coaches mid-season. Awe-inspiring

Typical of supporters like that who were outraged at how negative some of us were pointing out how illusory the wins were against the worst Melbourne and Newcastle sides to take the field in recent history and an insipid win against a Cowboys team without their Origin players.

twinkletoes

Juniors
Get use to it for the rest of this year and next, because the Board will not sack him...Sean O'Connor and Bob Millward think he will be one of the great coaches.

Just watch, come team selection for the next round it will be the same old players. THis group of players under this coach cannot and will not perform any better than they have up till now...what you see is what you will continue to get. The side needs and injection of youth and enthusiasm..NOW

dino2170

Juniors
Get rid of mary its plain to see that the players have lost respect of the players. Unfortunately he got caught over the limit and this is a good look as a coach of a 1st grade team??

And nightengale was beaten by a forward twice last night.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
We need to lose another 5 or 6 games in a row before they punt him. That's what it took to get rid of Price, although he was actually into his 3rd year in. The Dragons move painfully slow, think of the sloth in Zootopia.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
I long for the day when the so called 'board' come out publicly and say this lot from Doust down are all on notice. At least it might get things moving in the right direction. Instead we plod on like idiots aimlessly lurching to our ultimate demise. Is this what they want?

Latest posts