What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Refs

hazzbeen

Bench
Dudes, I could have refereed the game last night and we still would have got smashed. We were beaten because we're abject rubbish. Not because of the calls.

We have nothing , we really are complete rubbish . It seems we win a game here and there and some people are happy and forget that we are seriously bad.... Nothing will change unless there is a clean out . The the fish rots from the head down...

Willow

Assistant Moderator
This. Perhaps the ridiculous calls Saints get at away games wouldn't hurt so much if we got a few calls at our own home games. Instead for example they play home games at the Dogs home field, mostly Dogs crowd and we complain when the calls go the Dogs way.
Yeah, but we would have lost anyway, what with that on-field 'display'.

The question is, would the players and the coaches (and the refs) try to get away with that sort of tripe when we play at home. I mean the real home of course, as this seems to be a matter of conjecture for some reason.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Yeah, but we would have lost anyway, what with that on-field 'display'.

The question is, would the players and the coaches (and the refs) try to get away with that sort of tripe when we play at home. I mean the real home of course, as this seems to be a matter of conjecture for some reason.
It's a good question. Based on my imperfect observations, Storm, Cowboys and Broncos always seem to get an advantage at home. Roosters, Manly, Doggies sometimes get it. It feels like we get an advantage at Wollongong, hard to tell at Kogarah we play there so infrequently.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Had all the calls gone our way we still would have lost because we are a shit team who play with no pride for the jumper who are coached by a nuffie who couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
It's a good question. Based on my imperfect observations, Storm, Cowboys and Broncos always seem to get an advantage at home. Roosters, Manly, Doggies sometimes get it. It feels like we get an advantage at Wollongong, hard to tell at Kogarah we play there so infrequently.
Overall...

Manly stats at Kogarah:
Played 32 times
Saints won 22
Saints lost 11
Draw: 1

Manly stats at Wollongong:
Played 19 times
Saints won 10
Saints lost 7
Draws: 2

St George stats at Brookvale:
Played 33 times
Won 14
Lost 18
Draws: 1

Illawarra stats at Brookvale:
Played 14 times
Won 1
Lost 13

St George-Illawarra stats at Brookvale:
Played 11 times
Won 5
Lost 6

Source: RL tables

Last edited:

stg666

Juniors
in the second half i watched a full set of tackles where we should have received a penalty for every tackle . lying all over us and slowing down the play the ball . even my mates wife was having a go at the refs at that same time . WE PLAYED BADLY . just wanna make sure that people dont think i am blaming the refs for the loss . i dont . i just expect the refs to ref both teams equally .

7Seven7

Juniors
in the second half i watched a full set of tackles where we should have received a penalty for every tackle . lying all over us and slowing down the play the ball . even my mates wife was having a go at the refs at that same time . WE PLAYED BADLY . just wanna make sure that people dont think i am blaming the refs for the loss . i dont . i just expect the refs to ref both teams equally .

Yep, we got some crap calls. But u r right, didnt cost us an inept performance.

Got beaten by a hungrier footy side, lethargic in defence, absolutely clueless at times in attack.

That rates up / down there with the inept NZ performance by us a few weeks back.
Coach players ... should be ashamed of what they dished out.

In the context of the season, this was a huge 4 point game, against a team down on confidence and with little to play for.

Very few Red V players can hold their heads up after that showing.

100% correct