What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favourite villains

duck

Juniors
Those guys that are such a nasty piece of work but you think they're awesome but want them dead at the same time.

Gollum.
Ramsay Bolton.
But the best I ever saw was Tim Roth as Archibald Cunningham in "Rob Roy". Ponced around like a pansy but was in fact the best swordsman of his time and cunning as they come.
(Also this movie had the best swordfight you'll ever see. Leaves GoT and Vikings for dead)

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Highlander

Victor Kruger

MV5BMjM2Mzg3ODY0OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzE1ODIwMjE@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,678,1000_AL_.jpg

OVP

Coach
Would love to see a big budget movie of Stephen King's The Stand. Randall Flagg and the Trashcan Man ftw.

Pennywise too.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Those guys that are such a nasty piece of work but you think they're awesome but want them dead at the same time.

Gollum.
Ramsay Bolton.
But the best I ever saw was Tim Roth as Archibald Cunningham in "Rob Roy". Ponced around like a pansy but was in fact the best swordsman of his time and cunning as they come.
(Also this movie had the best swordfight you'll ever see. Leaves GoT and Vikings for dead)

Mate, I am so glad you mentioned this.

This scene is one of my favourites in all film history.

All done to no music (til Roy splits him in two), the tension in the scene is perfect.

You knew shit was gonna go down when Cunningham took off his wig lol

Would love to see a big budget movie of Stephen King's The Stand. Randall Flagg and the Trashcan Man ftw.

Pennywise too.

Flag is in the Dark Tower movie coming out next year but f**k me everything about it seems horrible. The book series is so amazing

OVP

Coach
Flag is in the Dark Tower movie coming out next year but f**k me everything about it seems horrible. The book series is so amazing

The only two Stephen King books translated to movies I actually liked were The Shining (because of the brilliance of Jack Nicholson and Stanley Kubrik) and surprisingly The Dead Zone was a good translation too. The rest continue to be horrible, which is a terrible shame.

11/22/63 was great and i also think 1408 was good too. Im a massive King nerd so i probably judge the adaptations more harshly than most

LESStar58

Referee
Darth Vader
Hans Gruber
Bruce The Shark
White Goodman (I used to hate Ben Stiller but this role changed my mind on him)

Wizardman

First Grade
I think her name was Natasha...the chick in "Hostel". While hitting women is wrong, you'd love to punch her in the face.

duck

Juniors
Highlander

Victor Kruger

MV5BMjM2Mzg3ODY0OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzE1ODIwMjE@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,678,1000_AL_.jpg
Yeah. Him too.

Mate, I am so glad you mentioned this.

This scene is one of my favourites in all film history.

All done to no music (til Roy splits him in two), the tension in the scene is perfect.

You knew shit was gonna go down when Cunningham took off his wig lol
That whole scene. So intense.

My sister in law said she originally saw it at the cinema. At the crucial point in the fight when Rob Roy looked totally gone, then he grabbed Cunningham's sword, and in that moment they're looking at each other, someone at the back of the cinema shouted "kill him!!"

The whole 200 odd people in the cinema started shouting kill him kill him.
When the deed was done the place erupted. She says she's never experienced anything like that.

OVP

Coach
The Green Mile was going ok until the usual King bullshit

I know what you mean. Needful things was the last book of his I ever read. It was so great, right up until the end. But the ending was so bad it did me in for good. His earlier books never did crap like that.

And yep add Green Mile and Stand by Me as two more pretty good movie versions of his.