What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robson?

GW.

Juniors
GW here,

Hey guys,

only caught fleeting moments of the game friday as i was with a chick.

Can I ask what you all thought of Jeffs performance?

Also, what are the chances we will see him in the blue and gold 2017 if he plays ok this year?

ash411

Bench
I think he played well, helped take some pressure off Norman in the halves, was a second kicking option, and he did well to fill in a dummy half for IDG when his head exploded.

I wouldn't be opposed to giving him another year, maybe at 14, and let Kayser develop at wenty for a year..

Sphagnum

Coach
Thought he was a bit rusty tbh. It doesn't help that Gordon is hopeless and never where he is supposed to be in attack but Robson threw some poor passes in the first 20.

He moved to hooker when degois went off and did a pretty good job under the circumstances after that I thought.

Gronk

Staff member
If his body can cope I'd love to have Robbo around next year.

considering he played most of the game at hooker and was targeted by Cordner in defence and only had a week to train with the squad I'd say he went pretty well and will be better for the run, i was upset that Kearney punted him in the first place really, he should have been here all along.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Yeah I agree, he basically had to cover two positions, but it was pretty handy having him when De Gois came off, otherwise who knows who would've played there. Just what we need for the rest of the year with Foran gone.

GW.

Juniors
To me, he is the perfect back up player for the halves and hooker positions. Between the three, thats still 12-15 NRL games throughout a season starting.

Remember that story a month ago about De Gois being upset he was only offered 100k to continue on in 2017?

My gut feel tells me that if it were Robson, he would happily accept that with no protest.

FROSTY319

Juniors
How old is Robbo ? I hope we can sign him up for next year as well. He doesn't always get the props he deserves and I like his calm style.

ash411

Bench
How old is Robbo ? I hope we can sign him up for next year as well. He doesn't always get the props he deserves and I like his calm style.
I kind of wish that he'd come over before we re-signed IDG, and had given that spot to Robbo instead.. I like him at hooker, he was pretty solid there, and having a hooker that can kick is a huge bonus.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He's still good enough to be a backup next year, in the top 25. He's better than Kelly, and I rate Kelly as a backup.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
He is 35 next year, I would offer him a second tier contract ( still potentially around $75k), just to play NSW cup. He would probably prefer that then going back to landscaping.

Just having him in our NSW cup would help our rookies develop.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I kind of wish that he'd come over before we re-signed IDG, and had given that spot to Robbo instead.. I like him at hooker, he was pretty solid there, and having a hooker that can kick is a huge bonus.

He may have gone alright on the attaching side at hooker but IDG is a better defender in the middle.

Pretty sure in defence against the roosters he defended at the tradional half spot rather then in the middle.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He may have gone alright on the attaching side at hooker but IDG is a better defender in the middle.

Pretty sure in defence against the roosters he defended at the tradional half spot rather then in the middle.
He did. And I agree De Gois is a better middle defender than Robson.

hindy111

Post Whore
How much money do we have spare for next year? I'm thinking after upgrades to Norman-Semi and Jennings full price tag maybe 1.8-2 million.

Foran - 1.2
Watmough - 650K
Peats 350k
Jnr - 180K
Gordon - 250K

Chipmunk

Coach
He is 35 next year, I would offer him a second tier contract ( still potentially around $75k), just to play NSW cup. He would probably prefer that then going back to landscaping.

Just having him in our NSW cup would help our rookies develop.

Is Robson a Wentworthville Junior?

EDIT - Never mind, I checked out his profile, he's from Leeton originally

Incorrect

Coach
On IDG, he seems to have copped a fair few concussions in the past 18 months if I'm not mistaken... Tough bugger but I wouldn't think too many more would be advisable....

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Isaac got knocked out a few times playing for us too, guy has no fear, however this leads to getting his head being in the wrong place and copping knees and hips straight to the noggin. Tough dude, fearless, may well have trouble remembering his wife's name in ten years but. I would suggest has been knocked out at least 10 times, probably many more.

strider

Post Whore
I thought Robson was very good considering he has been out of first grade for some time and had to change roles during the game

His defense was great