What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 R19 - Sea Eagles 15-14* Warriors @ nib Stadium

Round 19: Sea Eagles v Warriors

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2016 - Round 19
Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles v Warriors
nib Stadium, Perth (TICKETS)
Saturday 16 July 2016

AWST - Gates Open 1:15pm / Curtain Raiser 1:25pm / NRL 3:30pm

AEST - Gates Open 3:15pm / Curtain Raiser 3:25pm / NRL 5:30pm

MAN-16teamlist.png

1. Tom Trbojevic 2. Jorge Taufua 3. Lewis Brown 4. Matthew Wright 5. Brad Parker 6. Jamie Lyon 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Darcy Lussick 9. Apisai Koroisau 10. Martin Taupau 11. Nathan Green 12. Jamie Buhrer 13. Jake Trbojevic
Interchange: 14. Blake Leary 15. Josh Starling 16. Addin Fonua-blake 17. Siosaia Vave 18. Luke Burgess

WAR-16teamlist.png

1. David Fusitua 2. Ken Maumalo 3. Blake Ayshford 4. Solomone Kata 5. Manu Vatuvei 6. Thomas Leuluai 7. Shaun Johnson 8. Jacob Lillyman 9. Issac Luke 10. Ben Matulino 11. Bodene Thompson 12. Ryan Hoffman 13. Simon Mannering
Interchange: 14. Tuimoala Lolohea 15. Sam Lisone 16. Bunty Afoa 17. Charlie Gubb 18. James Gavet

REF-AQUA-2016-150.jpg

Referees: Gavin Badger, Chris James
Sideline Officials: Chris Butler, Jason Walsh
Video Referees: Bernard Sutton, Ben Galea, Jason Robinson

ISP NSW
Manly v Warriors @ Brookvale Oval, Sun 1pm
NYC U20s
Manly v Warriors @ Brookvale Oval, Sun 11am​

Last edited by a moderator:
Brett Stewart out for the year is the best thing to happen to Manly all year and the players will no doubt respond accordingly. Manly by 10

Evil_Mush

Juniors
To celebrate the one year anniversary of us starting our record breaking losing streak to slip from 4th to obscure crapola last season, we face our second worst opponent (sub 30% win ratio against Manly) at our worst venue in recent history (0 from 7 at Perth now is it?!). Given we'll be officially out of the Origin period as well I guess, that's another strike against us!

Hoping at the very least for a hard fought match regardless of result, seen too many capitulations against these opponents, at this venue, at this time of year!
God I'd absolutely love a win here to consolidate place in the 8 (could potentially be the most satisfying win of the season for aforementioned reasons if we can keep our sh!t together!), but I am gonna simply temper my expectations and see how it goes on the day.

Leber

Bench
We are awful in Perth and awful against Manly.

However those stats are offset by playing a team with Lewis Brown in the centres.

Nice Beaver

First Grade

However those stats are offset by playing a team with Lewis Brown in the centres.

Quite true. But Johnson only gets to set the afterburners on when his forwards dominate, so Brown or no Brown, its whether we dominate the ruck.

For some reason against the Warriors more often than not, we do.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
which minute will lewis brown put a grubber in for himself on the 2nd tackle in his own half?

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
also, no faith in the warriors at the best of times but outside of his origin form walker has actually been decent for manly the last few rounds.

If the blues beat the warratahs manly by 13+ and vice versa, have discovered in my team here you can not have a complete good weekend as a decidated sport supporter in auckland as you have 2 of the most talented special needs sides on the planet

Incorrect

Coach
Are the rest of the Warriors outside backs all going that well that Lolohea cannot get a spot in the starting side???

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Sea Eagles v Warriors preview
Robert Crosby | July 14 2016 12:18PM

Former Grand Final combatants square off in the West.

Producing their most emphatic performance of 2016 against the Dragons, Manly will be looking to account for the unpredictable Warriors as they chase an unlikely finals berth. Returning to Perth for the first time since 2012, the Sea Eagles will be looking to extend their winning run over the New Zealander's even further, having managed ten wins from the past eleven encounters. With Brett Stewart set to have surgery on a troublesome knee, Tom Trbojevic retains the fullback position, while further changes to the Manly backline include Matthew Wright and Lewis Brown in the centres and Brad Parker making his NRL debut on the wing.

FULL PREVIEW: http://leagueunlimited.com/news/28708-sea-eagles-v-warriors-preview/

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Any news on whether Myles is backing up?

I sincerely think for his own personal health he should rest up and stay back in Sydney.....

KeepingTheFaith

Referee

I remember Brown playing for the Panthers against us in the centres.

Tore us a new asshole that night. Was an embarrassment for all. Seems to save his best for us.

Latest posts