What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Foran will only get an unconditional release if we secure a certain player we have our eyes on. There is a plan B if we don't get Hayne and he is still under contract at another club. I don't know who that player is. If all else fails there will be strict conditions placed on the Foran release. I dare say he only plays for us if he returns in 2017.

Now I'm about to do some early morning crunches.

I reckon it's Hastings. Good chance Norman will stay, so we don't really need another "top line" half, just someone that can defend, decent skills and potential to improve.

Don't forget Hastings is still eligible for 20's, it's probably more his attitude then his playing ability that puts him off side.

Incorrect

Coach
Before we go looking at any other halves, whether they are top line, mid shelf or bottom rung, we should be ensuring Norman is signed first - that has to be the priority in the here and now IMO. Don't want to go schmoozing Hastings or Pearce or anyone else, sign them up only to read the headline that Norman has signed with the Dragons... that would be 1 step forward, 2 steps back...

hindy111

Post Whore
I would like Pierce. I are him highly. Tough and a good organizer.
A change of club is maybe what he needs. What would Pierce cost?

phantom eel

First Grade
Foran will only get an unconditional release if we secure a certain player we have our eyes on. There is a plan B if we don't get Hayne and he is still under contract at another club.
Very sensible the club has a Plan B - we can't rely on Jarryd, as he seems to change his mind like the wind.
If all else fails there will be strict conditions placed on the Foran release.
Again, I would expect nothing less. We should get to control where Foran plays or doesn't play in 2017 while he was under contract to us - after that the option was in his favour and he's his own man.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Under a no dickheads policy, Hastings can f**k off...
What has he ever done ? He hasn't ever committed any offences.

He is just a very confident young boy who isn't shy in letting people know. A good "man manager", like BA would be perfect for him.

Incorrect

Coach
They have the same manager don't they? That doesn't sound good.

Yeah I think Gould and Beavis are pretty tight. I would say a tweet from Gould Re Hayne is probably closer to any sort of truth than anything the likes of Massoud, Rothfield and the rest of those clowns report as "inside word on Jarryd Hayne"...

Sphagnum

Coach
Yeah I think Gould and Beavis are pretty tight. I would say a tweet from Gould Re Hayne is probably closer to any sort of truth than anything the likes of Massoud, Rothfield and the rest of those clowns report as "inside word on Jarryd Hayne"...
Or beavis asked him to tweet it to f**k with everyone some more. It's obvious hayne has no interest in sharing anything about it with the media.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
even Hayne doesn't return our roster, assuming Norman stays ( which I reckon he will) is looking pretty good for next year.

Gutherson / French will go alright at fullback.

Then we will have approx $1million from Foran leaving to spend. Use around $350k for a half ( apparently this is what Green is getting offered by manly), we then have around $600k to spend.

And that is even without considering what ever else we had available under the cap, pre Foran leaving.

Raudonikis

Juniors
I was talking to Hastings uncle last night,who i used to play footy with.He said Hastings is pretty pissed off at roosters and not sure where he will end up.

Incorrect

Coach
I dunno, I'm cold to lukewarm at best on Hastings.... maybe BA can iron out his (perceived) attitude problems and he can develop in to the kind of decent half his ego seems to think he already is... at the moment he's a long way off IMO, but he does have a foundation to build from. But he does have age on his side I guess.... maybe a 2 year deal... come 2018-2019 Dargan might be ready

If Foran is released and doesn't come back and Hayne goes to union, Norman goes to the Dragons then that will set the club back about 3 years.

Gronk

Staff member
If Foran is released and doesn't come back and Hayne goes to union, Norman goes to the Dragons then that will set the club back about 3 years.

Crazy thing is that there are merkins who "love" the club out there would get a kick out of ^^ this happening.