What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Leagues Club board sacked, administrator appointed

Parra Future

Juniors
I can't believe 8 years has gone by since I last got involved I the inhouse politics. And it seems worse now than what it was 8 years ago. I've debated for weeks whether it's time to return after watching from the sidelines for so long.

And to answer the question, I've been well mate. And you?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I can't believe 8 years has gone by since I last got involved I the inhouse politics. And it seems worse now than what it was 8 years ago. I've debated for weeks whether it's time to return after watching from the sidelines for so long.

And to answer the question, I've been well mate. And you?
I'm well mate, but i just can't believe what our club has been turned into. I live in Brisbane and my mates don't even give me stick anymore and all i get is pity. That says it all, QLDers are the most smug gloaters of the lot but when they don't bother anymore you know how low we have sunk.

Chris Losco's proposal seemed a no brainer but no surprises it somehow hasn't passed muster, you only have to go over on the other site to see a current board member trading barbs with with current members and fans and making an absolute goose of themselves to see why we are were we are. It's not fair the team, BA and his staff and us fans deserve so much better.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So they weren't a faction before they were elected????

I'm sure they didn't think so, and probably neither did many of the people who voted for them.

So these factions just need to get elected and then they aren't faction anymore????

I'm sure that's when they became a faction (if they weren't already). As soon as people get elected at our club they start picking up enemies. And nothing brings people together like mutual enemies.

Anyone who ends up on our board, elected or not, will become part of a faction. It's inevitable. If you're independent you're isolated. All that remains is to get chewed up by the hyenas.

you're f**king kidding?????????

watch for BA to walk...

hope the merkins that are there are satisfied.

Who know's? Brad might already be looking for new real estate with an enchanting ocean zephyr to tickle his senses and wouldn't Mrs Arthur and the kiddies love that, even little Toto Arthur would love that too, little doggie's love the beach, i personally hate the sand and water.

eel01s

Bench
With all due respect Gronk, that is a bit rich unless you know the reason for the petitions being rejected.

I know that in the case of the Losco petition, 3 lawyers reviewed the petition before it was finalised and found nothing wrong with it. Unfortunately it seems the external lawyers paid for by the Club at the behest of the Directors managed to interpret the Constitution somewhat differently although at this stage Losco has not been advised of why the petition failed.
Incredible. Losco should have been given the reasons his proposal didn't get up. We have to get everyone who is a voting member there at the EGM to get a vote of no confidence in the current board and to back Losco's proposal. I have little confidence in either the clubs legal team or whatever consultant they have used. We need a new, clearer constitution and separate boards.

Incredible. Losco should have been given the reasons his proposal didn't get up. We have to get everyone who is a voting member there at the EGM to get a vote of no confidence in the current board and to back Losco's proposal. I have little confidence in either the clubs legal team or whatever consultant they have used. We need a new, clearer constitution and separate boards.

Bevan Paul has a lot to answer for IMO. He's the first to go when new management take control.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He's one of the few people at the club who was employed on his merits and done a good job. The board not wanting to give him the group CEO's role is only a positive in my eyes. Shows he's not a yes man and a puppet like the last two CEO's employed.

Gronk

Staff member
He's one of the few people at the club who was employed on his merits and done a good job. The board not wanting to give him the group CEO's role is only a positive in my eyes. Shows he's not a yes man and a puppet like the last two CEO's employed.
IIRC they were prepared to give him the gig but he wanted guaranteed tenure for 2 years ?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
IIRC they were prepared to give him the gig but he wanted guaranteed tenure for 2 years ?
I thought it was for at least 12 months, can you blame him??? How many CEO's have we churned through the last 5 years??? One of the board members carried on like a pork chop and said no way will there be another Fitzy doing both roles on their watch.

Latest posts