What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Leagues Club board sacked, administrator appointed

emjaycee

Coach
Carroll and O’Dea beg to differ.

It's not hard to work out that they are road blocking it for a reason. Otherwise, if it offers little further evidence, why would they frustrate the matter by not releasing it ?

You can't blame punters for being suspicious.

And yet his statement has been seen by Carroll O'Dea. Go figure.

Gronk

Staff member
And yet his statement has been seen by Carroll O'Dea. Go figure.

So you understand that a sworn statement (affidavit) is different from interview transcripts ? That's what they were after.

Statements are carefully worded and edited. Transcripts are recounts of actual interviews. Why are Sewards natural responses quarantined ?

A cynic might suggest that he was coached.

emjaycee

Coach
So you understand that a sworn statement (affidavit) is different from interview transcripts ? That's what they were after.

Statements are carefully worded and edited. Transcripts are recounts of actual interviews. Why are Sewards natural responses quarantined ?

Sure there is that possibility.

Chipmunk

Coach
Having prepared plenty of witness statements on behalf of people, you only put in it what you want them to say...

But you also wouldn't bother having someone prepare a witness statement that you have a recorded transcript of their interview for, because the court is going to want to see the entire transcript anyway...

Unless of course you had something to hide in the transcript, which would never allowed to be held back in a real court...

You would imagine that if the NSW Police continue with the fraud investigation that they will just seize the transcript from the NRL through a search warrant in any case.

emjaycee

Coach
So do we know for a fact the NRL has recorded transcripts from Seward or do they only have his statement?

As far as I can tell, the breach notice covers nothing that is not supported by his statement and the interviews of others.

Bigfella

Coach
Once again el Diablo is completely and utterly wrong, and yet completely convinced by his own ignorance and paranoid delusions.

What a f**kwit. Any normal person would be embarrassed to come back here.

It's just business as usual for him.

Chipmunk

Coach
So do we know for a fact the NRL has recorded transcripts from Seward or do they only have his statement?

As far as I can tell, the breach notice covers nothing that is not supported by his statement and the interviews of others.

Why would they record every other interview and not Seward's?

emjaycee

Coach
Dont know except if he was the original whistle-blower then maybe he wasnt "called in" to be interviewed like the rest were and hence not recorded as part of that process.

Instead he was asked to document his recollections in a sworn statement after the investigation had some traction.

Disclaimer : the above are my assumptions only.

Chipmunk

Coach
Dont know except if he was the original whistle-blower then maybe he wasnt "called in" to be interviewed like the rest were and hence not recorded as part of that process.

Instead he was asked to document his recollections in a sworn statement after the investigation had some traction.

If there was no transcript wouldn't they just say to the club "Scott Seward's interview was not recorded"?

Gronk

Staff member

The correspondence that Brett Read has did not dispute the existence of the transcripts. The NRL just said numerous times that Parra can't have them.

A follow-up letter on May 16 again requested access to the transcripts of interview with Seward and Stuart — the NRL provided only a statement from Seward. It is understood Spagnolo and Edwards were never interviewed by the NRL.

The next day the NRL sent a letter via lawyer Tony O’Reilly which stated that the material the Eels had requested was not required to respond to the breach notice.

emjaycee

Coach
lIke i said, I don't really know why the NRL are not providing the transcripts from Sewards interview if they exist however IMHO it is this pedantic behaviour by the club (i.e the Directors) that is keeping us from moving on.

Does anyone really think the NRL is going to reduce our penalties because of what Seward may or may not have said in his interviews vs his statement? I for one, don't and I would rather we move on than keep looking for ways to chase the governing body when the outcome is not going to change.

Chipmunk

Coach
lIke i said, I don't really know why the NRL are not providing the transcripts from Sewards interview if they exist however IMHO it is this pedantic behaviour by the club (i.e the Directors) that is keeping us from moving on.

Does anyone really think the NRL is going to reduce our penalties because of what Seward may or may not have said in his interviews vs his statement? I for one, don't and I would rather we move on than keep looking for ways to chase the governing body when the outcome is not going to change.

So what have they got to hide if it's not going to make any difference?

Gronk

Staff member
Moot point if the Administrator takes over anyway. He/she will prolly discontinue appeals if deemed vexatious. .

Then all of this will just go away.

strider

Post Whore

How much in the transcript incriminates others that are currently saving their ass?

T-Boon

Coach
The reason we need to see the record of interview is that it is as close to a cross examination of what he has had to say as we have gotten so far - giving that the eels were not even allowed to be present during the interview.

The way it should work is that he does his statement, we get a copy of it then together with the Integrity committee the clubs representatives get to ask him questions on it.

The NRL needs to provide the ROI, otherwise we can conclude that it is harmful to their case against us or to someone that they are trying to protect.

I don't care about getting the points back but I am mad keen to at least have a feeling of confidence that I have heard the truth and that Greenberg is an honest man. Presently I seriously doubt that.

emjaycee

Coach
So what have they got to hide if it's not going to make any difference?

Maybe it makes a difference to other ongoing investigations such as into the Player Managers, etc.
I don't know the answers to the questions you seek.

emjaycee

Coach
The reason we need to see the record of interview is that it is as close to a cross examination of what he has had to say as we have gotten so far - giving that the eels were not even allowed to be present during the interview.

The way it should work is that he does his statement, we get a copy of it then together with the Integrity committee the clubs representatives get to ask him questions on it.

The NRL needs to provide the ROI, otherwise we can conclude that it is harmful to their case against us or to someone that they are trying to protect.

I don't care about getting the points back but I am mad keen to at least have a feeling of confidence that I have heard the truth and that Greenberg is an honest man. Presently I seriously doubt that.

I may be wrong, but I recall that the only way we gave Seward exemption from his non-disclosure was if we had our club legal representative present.

El Diablo

Post Whore

we also waived his confidentiality agreement unlike the Broncos who sacked Gee so the NRL couldn't force him to talk

Bandwagon

Staff member
I tend to agree the record of interview is important, A lot can be gleaned from the nature of a two sided discussion, such as was there coaching, was there threats, was Seward given information to confirm it's voracity, how confident were his answers, is there any material difference between the record of interview and the written statement, was there issues of which he was uncertain or reluctant to address, did that reluctance or uncertainty change between the time of being questioned and the compilation of his statement? There would be many more.

All valid questions that could easily be answered if one had both records at hand.

Latest posts