What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The mid season form slump

SadShark

Bench
I am garnering equal enjoyment of the form slump, as one does whilst masturbating with an electric planer.

Bring hither the loss with haste.

cb4

First Grade
Sometimes a game like that is as big of a wake-up call than a loss.
Flanno was tearing strips off them like we had been beaten by Newcastle.
This game, the Dogs game, the Warriors game and the Parra first half have all been treated as a loss by the coaching staff, regardless of the 2 points in the bank.

I wouldn't call last night an arrogant performance either. If you have tracked the Roosters recently they have been playing well.
If you have watched us in the last 3 weeks, barring the Penrith game, we have played to win.
We did it again last night.

We are in a good position now, top 2 all but guaranteed. Round 2 of the finals all but guaranteed.

Not bad from a team with the 9th best squad in the comp.

carcharias

Immortal
I am looking forward to the game they get it right.
A couple of times early last night we looked lethal.
Could've used Fifita out there

Quigs

Immortal
Jimmy needs a rest. Don't want him playing the big games with a groin strain.

Special K

Coach
Gallen said in the press conference it doesn't fill like 14 in a row because flanno is still tearing strips off them.

The round 13 game against the Cowboys was our last really good performance. I'm not worried about peaking early as I don't think we have peaked. Raiders game and Titans games look dangerous though.

Card Shark

Immortal
I am looking forward to the game they get it right.
A couple of times early last night we looked lethal.
Could've used Fifita out there

Needed more direct running in between the spreading, that's where Fifita would've been handy. Glad he had a rest, he will murder Newcastle.

Flanno no doubt had the plan to spread early against the Roosters & if we finished better, the game would've been over at half time.

If this is our slump I'll take it. I wanna see three more wins and then start preparing for the real competition.

Special K

Coach
Our attack has been side to side all season. It is why Paulo is so good off the bench in helping us spread it from side to side. We drag them to one side then hit the other edge in 2 long balls for a half/Graham to make a decision with Barba popping up.

Our attack worries me but it is working with 3 of the top 4 try scorers and the top for in the comp.

I think you have to cut some slack on last nights performance.

4 Origin players backing up.

No Fifita

And a Roosters side pretty much at full strength and keen to roll us.

I don't get the point we were arrogant.

I just think they wanted to put a lot of pressure on the Roosters early with a lot of quick shifts and test out that right side defence out.

Which worked.

I never felt we were going to lose that game.

That tells me a lot about this team.

"Even when Cronulla are bad, they are good."

I do not buy this "we need a loss" theory.

This club has been built on losing for the last decade or so. Hell, I think we lost 10 in a row THREE times in recent memory. We got the spoon 2014. We've been dudded, robbed, out classed, out played, out lucked. We've lost so many games in the last minute I don't even care to remember. We've had our hearts broken so many times that there was a period on this forum that most of us with a semblance of self awareness were questioning our mental health.

Win. Keep winning. Win again. Losing sucks. f**k that. It's our time. Drink every single last drop.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Sharks are looking a bit scratchy of late. Thats good and bad. Good because they can still win despite not playing well. Bad because it means they aren't far away from having everything fall apart.

I know Flanno has said he won't be resting anyone, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to rest a few guys with niggling injuries. No point flogging your squad only to find that they're all busted come the finals.

The Sharks are looking a bit scratchy of late. Thats good and bad. Good because they can still win despite not playing well. Bad because it means they aren't far away from having everything fall apart.

I know Flanno has said he won't be resting anyone, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to rest a few guys with niggling injuries. No point flogging your squad only to find that they're all busted come the finals.

Where does this expectation come from that they will look slick and amazing for 80 minutes every week? We had 4 backing up from Origin, No Fifita (prop is our skinniest depth department) and the Roosters were pumped way the hell up.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Its more that the amount of time that they are amazing is getting less every week.

Latest posts