What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RLWC Travel ideas

adamkungl

Immortal
So it's not the greatest stadium draw for credibility or common sense or fair match distribution.. but it does look like a good one for travel opportunities (which seems to be the marketing angle they've taken with each 'Destination').

Gonna be doing some saving some serious cash and work leave before next October so I can get around the country for a few weeks.

Something like

Week 1, fly down to Melbourne, weekend trip for the opener Aus v Eng

Week 2, England v Lebanon in Sydney. Fly up to Townsville on Sunday morning for double header.
Spend a week around the reef before...

Week 3, Saturday night in Cairns Samoa v Scotland. Sunday morning fly to Perth for the double header.
Spend 3 days in Perth, fly to Christchurch, hang out a few days before...

Week 4, Saturday night in Christchurch, likely NZ QF
Wander my way up NZ for a week...

Week 5, Saturday night in Auckland, likely NZ v ENG SF
Back home to Sydney...

Week 6, Weekend trip to Brisbane for the final

PaulyTom

Juniors
Wow , that's one awesome footy trip.

I'm considering taking a few weeks off during the pool games and build a family holiday around some games.

donny donny

Juniors
I'm hoping to make the journey, I've never been to Australia before. Ill probably only go to a couple of games though, definitely Aus v Eng and probably Eng v France or Lebanon. I don't think my wife will agree to spending any more holiday days than that watching rugby.

PaulyTom

Juniors
Great time of year to come weather wise. Start your planning now , should be awesome.

I'm hoping to make the journey, I've never been to Australia before. Ill probably only go to a couple of games though, definitely Aus v Eng and probably Eng v France or Lebanon. I don't think my wife will agree to spending any more holiday days than that watching rugby.

paulmac

Juniors
I'm gonna try and do the first PNG game on the Saturday then back to Cairns for the Scotland v Tonga and Euro v Euro double header on the Sunday. Then down to Sydney for England v Lebanon. That will probably be all my budget could handle, luckily Ive got the semi and final in Brisbane.

adamkungl

Immortal

2 or 4 hours out of her weekend to watch a game or two is surely worth it to visit some of the most beautiful places this side of the world has to offer!

roughyedspud

Coach
Im probaby only gonna do englands group games..

Flights from manchester>melbourne>sydney>perth>manchester are coming in at around £850 which is very reasonable..

Then single rooms in hostels in the 3 cities are coming in at another £800..that 6 nights in melbourne,7 in sydney & 7 in perth..

And $100 a day spending money..thats 20 days,$2000 or £1150

So your talking £3000 just to do the first 3 weeks of group games

adamkungl

Immortal
Im probaby only gonna do englands group games..

Flights from manchester>melbourne>sydney>perth>manchester are coming in at around £850 which is very reasonable..

Then single rooms in hostels in the 3 cities are coming in at another £800..that 6 nights in melbourne,7 in sydney & 7 in perth..

And $100 a day spending money..thats 20 days,$2000 or £1150

So your talking £3000 just to do the first 3 weeks of group games

Could be worth skipping the first 2 group games to stick around for the finals

Perth Red

Post Whore
I'm doing:
Melbourne for Aus v England
Perth for double header in the west
Spend a week in Qland and catch the semi and final

Would love to slip a game in PNG in but no chance of convincing the Mrs to go!

Ps $100 won't go far in Oz! Beer is $10 a pint.

Darwin & wellington just does nothing for me

At the time of year, November 2017, Darwin will be extremely hot like around the mid 30 degrees Celsius, and it will rain as it is in the tropics, with November being the wet season. On average Darwin gets 141 mm of rain in November alone. That alone makes it worth missing.

adamkungl

Immortal
Maybe I'm judgmental but I just can't see anyone travelling to Darwin for this.
The website enjoy-darwin.com describes Nov-Dec as " probably the most uncomfortable time in Darwin".
Glowing advertisement there...

Perth Red

Post Whore
Is a bizarre one, I would have thought Newcastle would have been perfect for a QF but end of day NT govt will have stumped up big $'s for the game and it's good RL fans in NT get to experience a big game.

PaulyTom

Juniors
Well for those hearty rugby league fans Darwin will be a perfect chance to mix a game with all the touristic sights Darwin has to offer.

Latest posts