What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

William Hopoate - most overrated player ever

hindy111

Post Whore
Yeah it was all Sewards fault offering Hoppa that much.
I am naive.... See i would of thought when it came to signing players they would sit and talk to the coach and other members. The coach would say how much he wants the guy and have an input on what he thinks he is worth.
Especially when it comes to the big signings. Guys like Gower/Gutherson BA may even say sign him i like them knowing they wont coast a bomb and low risk.
When it comes to guys like Foran - Jennings - Scott - watmough i would of imagined a lot more then a 10 min conversation. Its a big investment. I would of expected videos of recent games - charts on age and compared to how other players drop off with age - previous injury lists - Stats - interviews etc.....

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Just on hoppa, for a player that never seems to break the line or beat anyone with pace i cant believe any club would offer him big money.When we signed him i thought he was getting paid massive overs but i also thought he had alot more speed.

After watching him play for us i thought his defence was soild and his passing skills were good.But we all saw how bad he was under the high ball when he played fullback for us.I know morris will go back into fullback once fit but were does that leave hoppa in the bulldogs side.He isnt quick enough for centre or wing.

He is still fullback, in a team currently in the top four: http://www.nrl.com/news/weeklyfeatures/teamlists/tabid/11656/default.aspx

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Great value! And shows you don't need an expensive superstar at fullback (or the halves, or hooker) to win a lot of games.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You would remember a lot more clearly when Morris was a winger because he has played there in every game this year.

And while I agree that Morris is at least as good as Hopoate at fullback (though very different), the latter has proven his ability at fullback in first grade. Even though not being Jarryd Hayne meant he wasn't good enough for moronic Eels fans.

hybrideel

Bench
Morris shits all over Hoppa as a fullback and his form last year proves it. He is being eased back in due to his injury, but you already know that and just want to argue for the sake of it

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The same way Radradra shits all over Gordon at fullback? You need to look at the whole performance, not just how well they run the ball.