What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some random thoughts.

hewi

Bench
The moderators may decide to join this to another thread which is fine by me, this is just some thoughts I have had .
1) We all support the mighty Dragons because we want another premiership as do supporters of all the other clubs. To win that , objectively stepping back you need to be confident that the coach has the ability to be that person. If it was Bennett, Bellamy or McGuire you would have that. If it was a coach that was new had come from the lower ranks where they had won premierships and had lots of very promising juniors you would have the right to feel some confidence. It he was a person who could attract high profile players at less money you would feel good about them. In our case our coach does none of the above, it is plainly obvious to all including blind Freddy that he is NBG , so why won't the board get rid of him?
2) if you look at three AFL teams and il start with Hawthorn who are the most successful team in the AFL ever. In the early 2000s they were like us a failure. They did a huge study on what they needed for success. Firstly a coach, they identified that in the AFL most premiership winning coaches were young and had been successful as a coach in the lower grades, they went there. Secondly it took a number of years to put together a team to challenge the top. You started by getting the cream of the youngsters for two to three years and then as they matured you would purchase on the open market one or two key mature added players to put the icing on the cake. They did it and it worked. GWS have also followed this route and after 5 years are now second on the ladder. St Kilda have used this to rebuild after they started to fail in 2011 with aging players. They recruited the pick of the crop for 3 years, they have a fabulous coach who was new as an individual head coach and he is brilliant. They have a no dickhead policy and they are ruthless in making players accept responsibility for failure. Don't play well , give away a stupid penalty you are pulled off the field or dropped next week. The players believe in the clubs vision which is to win the premiership in 2018 many have resigned up for less money because they can see it happening and they want to be part of it. It's what St George need but have no chance of at the moment.
3) Stop signing for big money players at the end of their careers hoping for a quick fix. Eg Farrar it won't fix the problems . Be like Brian Smith in 1990 . Before he arrived he identified we lacked a good dummy half. He saw Wayne Collins playing reserve grade in Canberra behind Walters, he signed him up and how good was he? That's where we have to go.

Hope you all enjoy reading it and I look forward to your comments. Thanks

GKJ79

Juniors
And unfortunately your's and everyone else's thoughts are wasted, because we have a bunch of idiots running the club, that have no regard for us, the supporters, and a coach who thinks because we were 7th last week, 4th in the club championship, and scraped into the semi's last year that all is well, i mean mcgregor sunk to a new low yesterday when he said that the tigers missed 42, tackles, and we only missed 22, but the tigers took advantage of the ones we missed and scored tries from them, he was also responsible for all 3 grades being beaten yesterday, with his f**ked up team selections, clubs are already starting to circle our talented juniors in the 20's, and if Mcgregor is still hear coaching FG next year, theres no way they will re sign with us, look at, Matt prior, Gerard Beale, and Jack Bird, all unwanted by us, and they now play in a team thats won 14 straight games, that says it all, dont you think?

dragonreddy

Juniors
And unfortunately your's and everyone else's thoughts are wasted, because we have a bunch of idiots running the club, that have no regard for us, the supporters, and a coach who thinks because we were 7th last week, 4th in the club championship, and scraped into the semi's last year that all is well, i mean mcgregor sunk to a new low yesterday when he said that the tigers missed 42, tackles, and we only missed 22, but the tigers took advantage of the ones we missed and scored tries from them, he was also responsible for all 3 grades being beaten yesterday, with his f**ked up team selections, clubs are already starting to circle our talented juniors in the 20's, and if Mcgregor is still hear coaching FG next year, theres no way they will re sign with us, look at, Matt prior, Gerard Beale, and Jack Bird, all unwanted by us, and they now play in a team thats won 14 straight games, that says it all, dont you think?

Not nitpicking here but it's 15 straight for the noahs arks just to rub a bit more salt into the wounds.

hewi

Bench
Not nitpicking here but it's 15 straight for the noahs arks just to rub a bit more salt into the wounds.
I love it, but you have to wonder why those rejects are succeeding at the Sharkies they have talent we know that now. It couldn't be the coaches they have had could it? I mean Price and McGregor what a pair? Every talented young footballers dream must be to play under those two idiots.