What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gus Discusses our attacking failures

TheRev

First Grade
I reckon we would have a new lease of life under a new coach, our roster isnt amazing but were not remotely using it to its potential either.... especially if you add just 1 or 2 key members into the squad.... I just hope we can get a full pre-season with said new coach.. and not persist with Mary and waste 2017 also.

dragonreddy

Juniors
Mary in post match comments - "There is frustration which comes from things that are happening on the outside. The boys have to unload that expectation everyone has and play more of a natural game."

I think the team is coached far away from "a natural game" and they are so focused on completing sets they don't play what is in front of them. Gould hilighted this in game when we had players outside to run and Widdop plays the runner into the defence.

He said this in relation to the survey in the Telegraph, and the negative media exposure last week, again as a way of deflecting blame from himself and players, this problem hasn't just reared it's head now our atttack has been horrendous for years.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
That presser was scary. You really got the sense that he still feels that he is not going to bad. He repeated a few times that they made finals footy last year which was the first time in 4 years and said last week they were 7th. WTF? He was happy to be 7th playing the type of football that they were? That is sad and shows he is starting to get some crap stats together to save his job when it comes to the review. And the soft tries Tigers scored were from poor defense no matter how far they were from the tryline. What a joke. Anytime a team is on our 20 they score. Rein needs to be dropped. Throw McCrone maybe in at hooker. Can't get any worse. Is Nathan Fien still around?

I also feel he is trying to throw poor Demitriou under the bus when he said that the New Attacking coach we brought in from NQ is trying new things which we need to adjust to? Really, wow. Looks like the Cutters boys can adjust to the new attack but not the NRL side. If anything the Cutters boys in Milne/Quinlan and Mann looked more threatening in attack that anyone else.

dragonreddy

Juniors
That presser was scary. You really got the sense that he still feels that he is not going to bad. He repeated a few times that they made finals footy last year which was the first time in 4 years and said last week they were 7th. WTF? He was happy to be 7th playing the type of football that they were? That is sad and shows he is starting to get some crap stats together to save his job when it comes to the review. And the soft tries Tigers scored were from poor defense no matter how far they were from the tryline. What a joke. Anytime a team is on our 20 they score. Rein needs to be dropped. Throw McCrone maybe in at hooker. Can't get any worse. Is Nathan Fien still around?

I also feel he is trying to throw poor Demitriou under the bus when he said that the New Attacking coach we brought in from NQ is trying new things which we need to adjust to? Really, wow. Looks like the Cutters boys can adjust to the new attack but not the NRL side. If anything the Cutters boys in Milne/Quinlan and Mann looked more threatening in attack that anyone else.

Yep said it about Demetriou on Saturday ,you can see they are setting him up, there has been more references to JD in the last 2 weeks than for the entire rest of the season, matter of fact we wouldn't have known he existed, Mary and DOUST being shown up for the weasles they are.

saintjeff

Juniors
If every man and his dog can see its not working change it
Its not that bloody hard
There comes a time to say its not working
Mary looks like he doesnt know how to fix
Mary said patience ,rubbish we have been going backwards this year beaten by 13 or more on almost every loss
Thats not acceptable , had we been competing better it would be a little easier
Look forward to playing in finals is what we should be doing at this time of year instead we are focusing on 2017
Another season of crap

GKJ79

Juniors
I was there yesterday. Many say we are totally disorganised. I beg to differ, we are too organised. We play Mary football. We run one up, shuffle along our forwards, turn Friz back inside or do a run around. We become predictable and sides can run up on us. You can't play instinctively or what is in front of you if it is not part of the 'plan'. We criticise many of our players but I wonder how they would go under another coach and a team playing under a different philosophy.

Matt prior, Gerard Beale, were average at best when at the Dragons, look at them now!

RedVDragon

Juniors
Hard pill to swallow Gus is spot on. Our club is in a shambles. Only a change at the top of each departmental head will fix this beginning with Doust, the Mary, then the head of recruitment, the head of marketing etc etc etc.

SaintPauli

Juniors
What an amazing detailed analysis of our team BY AN OUTSIDER. I have never seen a written critique by anyone on a clubs lack of ability as this ever. Points heavily to failed coaching staff which have de-skilled players with outlined valid points. Thanks Phil for your time and concern for our club with your article. Hope it has a positive impact sooner than later. Says it all really.

dragoncountry

Juniors

a tradesman never blames his tools. mary needs to take full ownership of this debacle. JD coaches the cutters, I'm sure he doesn't have a lot of time on his hands to coach our attack?

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Coaching our attack is a full-time job. Mary spends more time developing excuses for poor performance than coaching the team.
If they brought Brian Smith in as Coaching Director he would flick Mary immediately.
What is the use of having 4 coaches when none take the responsibility for atrocious
performance.

Latest posts