What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels release Kieran Foran

phantom eel

First Grade
Anyway, I get the feeling people are annoyed we have derailed a thread that's meant to be about Foran. No amount of evidenced based reasoning is going to change the opinion of someone with an "I'm right because I said so" mindset so we'll just have to agree to disagree and apologies to everyone else for going off topic.
That's alright - we'll just start another thread where Foran's current interview with Rothfield can be discussed, without Pou's obstinate divergences into the stats of random other ex-Eels taking up pages of forum real estate. :cool:

Happy MEel

First Grade
That's alright - we'll just start another thread where Foran's current interview with Rothfield can be discussed, without Pou's obstinate divergences into the stats of random other ex-Eels taking up pages of forum real estate. :cool:

Thanks mate but I have to share half of the responsibility on this occasion

Eelementary

Post Whore
Kobe was no longer in 'MVP' conversations this year and was way too old and to be carrying a team. In fact for the first half of the year he was actually a plodder.

He's still one of the all-time greats, though.

I do see your point, though.

phantom eel

First Grade
Last edited:

phantom eel

First Grade
triple post - might add something about watmough, because it seems to be Pou's chosen topic in this thread.

pic4c.png

Last edited:

phantom eel

First Grade
Salvaged - posted (wilfully off-topic) in a different thread...

Obviously. Running metres are a 'primary stat', if you will, because they indicate an unambiguous advantage to the attacking team. Offloads, as I've said three or four times now, indicate no measure of whether the offload was beneficial to the attacking team or not. Here's a stat for you - last weekend six of the teams with the most running metres in their game won, while the winning team had the most offloads in only three games. So far this round it is more even, with 4/7 winners having the most offloads and 5/7 the most running metres. But the teams that won their match with less running metres had an average of only 12 metres less (out of about 1500), so less than 1%. Meanwhile the teams who won with less offloads were out-offloaded (yes it's a word) by an average of 7 offloads to 15. That's over 100% difference.

Why is that ridiculous? A team's primary go-forward winger (if they have one, and we must have one with lightweight French on the other wing) is a major contributor to its attack. While Faraimo is on our team he is a key attacking player. The main reason he is a backup is because he is a liability in defence (against both the run and the kick). Likewise Vai Toutai last night.

If I were to downgrade him to a 5 out of 10 (for example) then I would have to downgrade Scott even lower. In 17 games this year the best contribution to our running metres has been 7th (as in, he had the 7th highest running metres on our team that day). On six occasions 13 players on our team have run for more metres than him. He has only been in the top half of contributors to our running metres twice in 17 games. If Watmough is average then Scott is a long way below average.

We actually scored more points last year (per game). We have won more this year due to much better defence. The addition of so many quality defenders (including Scott) and the loss of Sandow are the causes of that.

Agreed mate, you're never going to change your mind, even after showing you how little Scott is contributing to our attack this year. He just doesn't make the metres so he throws a few offloads. At least he makes good decisions on when to throw them.

Latest posts