What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Incorrect

Coach
Titans look like breaking their Finals drought this year, and if not, now that they have Hayne for 2017 and a fit Elgey to make a spine of Peats, Taylor, Elgey and Hayne they'll defo be there next year.... Meanwhile, Hayne's decision and Foran's meltdown along with the other players we have let go means we might be further away from the Finals than we've been for a while!

And, dare I say it, we still haven't re-signed Norman as far as I know.... Last Friday when Foran was released, things were looking up.... 5 days later and we're back in the poop!

Happy MEel

First Grade
The problem is that we're now at the back end of the season and most teams have their spine signed up. There really isn't much quality to choose from. Farah is now a must although, a spine of him, Guth/French and Norman would still require a very good half to even compete for a top 8 finish. There's just not that kind of quality on the market unless BA could miraculously persuade Cronk to move north to be closer Tara.

Actually, I was lucky enough to be friends with her at high school so might have to call in a favour.

IFR33K

Coach
Titans look like breaking their Finals drought this year, and if not, now that they have Hayne for 2017 and a fit Elgey to make a spine of Peats, Taylor, Elgey and Hayne they'll defo be there next year.... Meanwhile, Hayne's decision and Foran's meltdown along with the other players we have let go means we might be further away from the Finals than we've been for a while!

And, dare I say it, we still haven't re-signed Norman as far as I know.... Last Friday when Foran was released, things were looking up.... 5 days later and we're back in the poop!

Back in the poop where the NRL wants us. We've had no clarity on our cap all season, and this has cost us. And fellow posters laugh when someone suggests the NRL has an agenda against the eels.....

Delboy

First Grade
Well, Greenberg has got what he wanted from the outset, he can never be trusted again

The man is an absolute germ

Gronk

Staff member
ABC are reporting that he will be the highest paid NRL player in history.

They also said that a spokesperson from the Eels told the ABC that they understood that Hayne has signed with a club however it is nut the Eels.

Noise

Coach
It's ok everybody. Blake Green and Benji Marshall are off contract...

How are they going to sell season tickets on the back of this season, with no marquee player, and moving to ANZ?

Gronk

Staff member
ABC just said that Hayne is getting $2.4m over 2 years. Our offer was $2.4m over 3 years.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Calm down people, it aren't the end of the world. Hayne is the greatest eel I have seen play, he is a freak!! And it will hurt seeing him with another club.

But it aren't all doom!! We have cash and a decent side already.

For all we know, BA may have not been willing to match the Titans offer.

Noise

Coach
At this stage we will have the worst spine in the comp next year. Even Newcastle's spine is better.

Latest posts