What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

MrT

Juniors
Look, it's really simple.

If I had $833K in one hand, and $1.2M in the other, I know which one I'd take.

There's no great conspiracy here, the Titans offered Hayne more money than we did (or wanted to I guess), so he went with them. Pretty simple.

I wouldn't be surprised if the NRL helped pave the way for the Tits in some fashion, having Hayne there will help the club massively over the next two years, and they need it too.

But don't confuse helping the Titans with hurting Parra.

Stop playing the victim, we need to lose this "everyone's against us, just because all we did was cheat for 3 years" bullshit attitude. Not every decision Greenberg makes is part of a plan to destroy Parra.

slow down, the $1.2m from titans, is "üp to $1.2" after sponsors, he could have earn't the same at Parra. Something doesn't smell right here. This has NRL involvement all over it. i bet they are paying him, something that wouldn't be offered if he signed at Parra

Swiftstylez

Bench
Greenburg and Hayne are forming a new tag team in the WWE, one of Hayne's new dreams.

They are going to use a classic theme as their entrance:

Oscarman

Juniors
If the NRL opened the Warchest after turning down the Eels to use it as suggested, that'll do me. The fix is in.

$BW and Jamie Lyon are saints compared to Hayne and Greenburg.
Fix has been in for years. We are good for the NRL and Channel 9 bottom line without being successful so no need for us to be.

Noise

Coach
Yep, that'll do us for 2017.

It's not liek we need Hayne (or really Peats/Foran for much of this year) in our spine to have won 10 from 19...

I might be wrong but I think we have only won 4 games without Peats AND Foran. We certainly need another decent half and a decent 9

Chipmunk

Coach
The Plane not returning is not the end of the world for Parra. The decisions the club now makes and who to spend that money on will decide if it's the end of the world or not.

If Norman chooses to move on I think we will be in trouble.

hybrideel

Bench
3 games without Peats, Foran and Paulo. 7 games with a combination of them. Unless you are counting Newcastle where Foran went off injured as playing without him, then it would be 4 and 6

Greenberg is the worst thing to happen to the NRL, but you can't blame him for this.
Our board (or lack there of) and the fact Hayne is after a pay day is the main reasons not Todd.

Avenger

Immortal
The Plane not returning is not the end of the world for Parra. The decisions the club now makes on who to spend that money on will decide if it's the end of the world.
If we take Farah, we are stupid. It must be Adam Reynolds. Just offer him a deal now for 2018 and sign Robson for one more year if we have to. We need a goalkicker and a half like him who will compliment Norman perfectly.

Noise

Coach
3 games without Peats, Foran and Paulo. 7 games with a combination of them. Unless you are counting Newcastle where Foran went off injured as playing without him, then it would be 4 and 6

Yep I was talking about games without both of them

Swiftstylez

Bench
If Greenburg opened the chest for the NRL's own team I think you can blame him for this?

I don't see how you can't.

I suppose it's a bit difficult to organise TPAs given we have an administrator - who is being closely advised by the head of the NRL - running the club. Oh wait, it's the player manager's job to organize TPAs...

Chipmunk

Coach
If we take Farah, we are stupid. It must be Adam Reynolds. Just offer him a deal now for 2018 and sign Robson for one more year if we have to. We need a goalkicker and a half like him who will compliment Norman perfectly.

Farah is still a decent player, he's in the top 5 players in his position in the completion, he is in the top 5 players at the Tigers. To consider Jack Littlejohn a better option at 7 than Robbie Farah is farcical. The Tigers want him out because they need his salary cap money and nothing else. At the right price he provides value to Parra.

I think Norman is the number 1 priority as a 6.
I'd look at Reynolds as first priority for a 7, followed by Hastings
I'd look at some of the middle forwards Panthers and Raiders have that might not be getting a run with two many middle forwards there. I'd also sign Brown from Souths. If we've signed Vave I think he will provide some value.
I'd consider making a play for Gillett...but wouldn't go silly.

The club needs to come put with some positive news in the next few days, Norman re-signing or even stating that we weren't prepared to get in a bidding war for Hayne we offered what we could afford and he chose to go with the money.

Delboy

First Grade
If Greenberg is at the Titans prss conference, that will be insulting and insensitive

Then again it is the ex Dogs CEO

Incorrect

Coach
And I'm sure Lyon crys every night about his decision. He'll retire a premiership winning captain and legend of his club. What have we got to show for in that period.

OK, I wasn't overly distraught on hearing the news about Hayne this morning... but reading that sentence of yours has really hit home how bad our club has been now for so long.... Not good enough really...