What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne signs with Gold Coast

simmo1

First Grade
RL fans once again showing they'll whinge about anything.

At least he signed for a club that isn't a complete pack of merkins.

Marlins

Juniors
Move is a bit perplexing really.

From Hayne's perspective I guess he's got another three years, tops, left in him and wants a good deal. He also wants to be as far away from the Eels as possible given their well-documented woes this season. The place is going to be a shambles for a while as they recover and he wants success rather than failure.

But the Titans? They're starting to get somewhere after cleaning out the playing list. Bringing Hayne in necessarily means giving up on other options and tightening their belt on the emerging players who've stepped up this season when their contracts come up for renewal. How many of them are they going to be risking losing? Then there's the way Hayne has carried on in the media; I've never had much time for him but I think it's been clear for a while that what he desires is media exposure and money, not necessarily in that order. Bringing that kind of attitude into a club that's just starting to turn a corner could prove unwise.

Obviously Henry and the Titans are gambling that he'll bring results and a positive attitude even though he's been away from the game for so long. I'm just not sure signing him is any wiser than signing Robbie Farrah. Frankly I would have gone after Benji Marshall ahead of either.
They don't need another halve what they need is a xfactor and a high profile player that will bring more ppl to the games, corporate sponsors and members that what jarred Hayne is.

Nightward

Juniors
They don't need another halve what they need is a xfactor and a high profile player that will bring more ppl to the games, corporate sponsors and members that what jarred Hayne is.

No, that's what he was. Once.

Before walking out on the Eels to play NFL because he had a life-long dream to do that. Then trying to play for Fiji in RU because that had been a life-long dream. And then he promised that if he ever came back to the NRL he'd return to the Eels, because something something loyalty life-long dream.

Hayne is still high-profile, but it's based on notoriety. If he'd gone to the Coast directly from the Eels a few years ago then maybe, but now? Not really.

Flapper

First Grade
RL fans once again showing they'll whinge about anything.

At least he signed for a club that isn't a complete pack of merkins.

You got that right, Rugby League fans are the f**king worst sometimes.

This is a good thing for Rugby League, hence I am embracing it like its got a cracking rack.

mxlegend99

Referee
Bullshit. He is going from one rugby league club to another.

It is irrelevant that he played other sports in between.

He needs a clearance from Parramatta to play for the Gold Coast. And clearances cannot be given after June 30.

He was released from his Eels contract at the end of 2014.
That contract was set to expire at the end of 2015 anyway.
He has signed contracts for other sports in the mean time.

There's no reason he would need clearance from the Eels when he wasn't contracted to them and hasn't been in nearly 2 years.

He was released from his Eels contract at the end of 2014.
That contract was set to expire at the end of 2015 anyway.
He has signed contracts for other sports in the mean time.

There's no reason he would need clearance from the Eels when he wasn't contracted to them and hasn't been in nearly 2 years.
Irrelevant.

Contracts have nothing to do with it.

He used to play for Parra. Now he wants to play for the Gold Coast. He needs a clearance.

GW.

Juniors
You can't block clearances for no reason dickhead.

And the clearance period ends June 30 regardless of who gives it.

Lol this tard.

You had to get rude when I avoided it.

By your own admission, they would have to have a solid rule. Haynes situation is no different and parra don't own him.

What you have to understand is that
East coast tiger, a guy on LU that has too much time on his hands and obsessed with a reserve grade team, not even an NRL team, but a suburban one, is 100 percent right but;
GW is wrong
The rest of the forum is wrong
Parra is wrong
Titans are wrong
The NRL is wrong
You don't think parra would block it if they were right?

This isn't shutter island and you arent Leo DiCaprio. Get into reality and stop obsessing over your reserve grade team.

GW.

Juniors
Irrelevant.

He used to play for Parra. Now he wants to play for the Gold Coast. He needs a clearance.

When you leave your job at McDonald's to take up an extra dollar per hour at your Turkish uncles kebab store, do you ask McDonald's for a clearance?

Hardly mate. Well I for 1 am very happy for you.

I just don't like that it's after June 30....it's setting a horrible precedence. With players going between league & Union all the time, this will happen again & will be a form of cheating imo.

Could bring SBW in for 4 weeks & pay him $70k (which equates to about $800k for a season) & be legal. It's wrong for the game imo.

Fair enough, I agree with you on that. Whatever happened to the June 30th rule anyway?

kal83

Juniors
I have always liked jarryd hayne but he has come across like a total flog last two years

taipan

Referee
Irrelevant.

He's got a bleeding NRL clearance.He's not contracted to Fiji RU7s or the NFL nor the Eels.

Also anyone not currently contracted to an NRL club,can get an NRL contract as Hayne did after 30/6.Greenberg spelt it out on TV today.Do some checking.Epic fail.

mxlegend99

Referee
Irrelevant.

Contracts have everything to do with it. Deadset.

He isnt contracted to an NRL club. Hasn't been for nearly 2 years and is free to sign a contract with any team he likes.

Who he last played for is irrelevant as his contract expired a long time ago.

He's got a bleeding NRL clearance.He's not contracted to Fiji RU7s or the NFL nor the Eels.

Also anyone not currently contracted to an NRL club,can get an NRL contract as Hayne did after 30/6.Greenberg spelt it out on TV today.Do some checking.Epic fail.
The clearance period ends June 30.

And I'll say it again for the slow merkins, CONTRACTS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.

Contracts have everything to do with it. Deadset.

He isnt contracted to an NRL club. Hasn't been for nearly 2 years and is free to sign a contract with any team he likes.

Who he last played for is irrelevant as his contract expired a long time ago.
For f**ks sake, this is about the clearance rules. Not contract rules.

The majority of players who play the sport never sign a contract, but they still need a clearance to switch clubs.

You can tell all the NRL centric fans who know nothing about the sport outside of first grade.

skeepe

Immortal
He's going to be a train wreck this season. No way he has the right fitness to step straight into an NRL match.