What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne~NFL~RU~Tits~Eels~Dad~Jailed~Mistrial~Jailed 5yrs~Retrial~Jailed~Appeal

hineyrulz

Post Whore
#Bringbackgallop

#delboyisthenewjake
Do you really think Greenburg is doing a good job??? He's baby the bunker has been a massive fail and the game is going backwards at a rate of knots. He was put there by the media who you regularly criticise. Worst appointment ever.

Last edited:
We will be a better club without Hayne

Spending $1.2m a season on one player is a waste - finally the club made the right decision

No Cherry Evans was meant to end the Titans club.....and yet they sit above Manly on the table

phantom eel

First Grade
As for Hayne getting precious that he had to ask us for an offer..

Wake up princrss! You walked out on us early last contract, remember?

Complaining that we didn't call him first is like Hayne dumping a girlfriend during a dinner date, and then expecting that ex-girlfriend to pick up the phone two years later and beg him for another try!

And then the playa publically moans and complains because she's moved on and didn't call!

I don't care how good a root he might be, but I'm glad our club had enough self-respect not to make that Hayne booty call..

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
WTF is Hayne doing responding to fans? He is a Titan now, there is no need to respond:

Buyers remorse maybe.....

Chipmunk

Coach
I don't know about anyone else, but ever since I watched his press conference and read everything that has come out since, all I can see is someone that wanted to play this season for a team that was a chance of playing Finals and would do anything to make that happen. The only place he could really do that was the Titans. I think he thought about this deal purely in the short term (literally 2 months), but had to sign for 2 1/4 seasons otherwise the NRL wouldn't have approved it. Apparently the Titans had 800k left in this years cap. I reckon The Plane has taken most of that and the majority of his money for next year will be paid this year.

I've said it before in the past few days, it would not surprise me in the slightest if The Plane is not at the TItans in 2017. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if The Plane has no intention of seeing out the deal, particularly if he's taken a bit wack of his money up front.

There will be more to this story, mark my words.....

Last edited:

Mickyd39

Juniors
I don't know about anyone else, but ever since I watched his press conference and read everything that has come out since, all I can see is someone that wanted to play this season for a team that was a chance of playing Finals and would do anything to make that happen. The only place he could really do that was the Titans. I think he thought about this deal purely in the short term (literally 2 months), but had to sign for 2 1/4 seasons otherwise the NRL wouldn't have approved it. Apparently the Titans had 800k left in this years cap. I reckon The Plane has taken most of that and the majority of his money for next year will be paid this year.

I've said it before in the past few days, it would not surprise me in the slightest if The Plane is not at the TItans in 2017. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if The Plane has no intention of seeing out the deal, particularly if he's taken a bit wack of his money up front.

Mid 2017 he'll start making noises about playing for Fiji in the 2019 RU World Cup and he'll playing union in Japan or France in 2018.

Chipmunk

Coach
Maybe he's trying to tell us Ray Donovan held a baseball bat to his head :thinking:

Who gets on a plane for a day trip to the Gold Coast to only check out their facilities, with no intentions of doing anything but take a look, with very little other than the clothes on their back and signs a deal for the next 2 1/4 years within 8 hours or arriving and waives the standard consideration period when signing?

None of this makes sense to me.

Roadrunner

Juniors

Maybe he'll quit the Titans next year and said he wants to follow his dream and play with the LA Dodgers.

The Colonel

Immortal
Who gets on a plane for a day trip to the Gold Coast to only check out their facilities, with no intentions of doing anything but take a look, with very little other than the clothes on their back and signs a deal for the next 2 1/4 years within 8 hours or arriving and waives the standard consideration period when signing?

None of this makes sense to me.

http://www.nospam47.com/league/news...gold-coast-signing/1xqusys07gy2r1bdt5q87lbk1z

Could have something to do with it? Who knows. Deals done....

Snoochies

First Grade
I wish he was putting on the pads at Levi Stadium this week. A year ago he had the best story in sports and 12 months on it's the total opposite.

STORM.99/07

Bench
Eels are better off without him.Your team is playing as a team(ok you are losing some games) and your coach has the respect of all players. hayne didn`t play well in all of his games just when he felt like playing and that must have been disappointing for his team mates. I am glad that Storm don`t have any players like him playing for us. He will disrupt titans

Captain BF

Juniors
Apparently the Titans had 800k left in this years cap.
Surely there is no way possible that they had $800k left in this years cap. Let's remember that they've added Peats and Hurrell since the season has started. Let's assume $250k - $300k each + the supposed $800k, are we expected to believe that they started the season $1.3-$1.4 million below the cap?

TheParraboy

Staff member
Surely there is no way possible that they had $800k left in this years cap. Let's remember that they've added Peats and Hurrell since the season has started. Let's assume $250k - $300k each + the supposed $800k, are we expected to believe that they started the season $1.3-$1.4 million below the cap?

They lost Nate Myles, Sezer and Roberts, combined there would have been around 1.5 million or more?

Captain BF

Juniors
They lost Nate Myles, Sezer and Roberts, combined there would have been around 1.5 million or more?
Replaced Myles with Shillington, Sezer with Tyrone Roberts and Ash Taylor. James Roberts with perhaps Nathan Davis maybe? Big difference between Roberts and Davis but the rest would be comparable I'd imagine.