What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Jerseys, Logos, Mock Ups, Photos ANYTHING

flippikat

Bench
GAZF, that's inspired thinking - slightly altering the allsorts design to incorporate this year's gold is a great look & puts a brown tinge in the jersey that's a subtle nod to their original scheme.

BuderusIsaBeast

Juniors
To avoid derailing the other thread, I updated a Panthers design I put there last night. Might go into more depth on this later on.

Panthers1234.jpg

This is very impressive man. I would encourage you to send your designs in to as many clubs as you can. U have a great talent

GAZF

First Grade
GAZF, that's inspired thinking - slightly altering the allsorts design to incorporate this year's gold is a great look & puts a brown tinge in the jersey that's a subtle nod to their original scheme.

Tried to fit the all-sorts, chocolate soldiers, 2000-2003 design and the gold into the home, plus the 1990 GF strip on the away. There's a lot of potential with the colour scheme though I wonder if this brown would be ok with a public that's all to keen to trash it as a sporting colour.

Klim

Juniors
Hi everyone I've decided to make some Auckland 9's jersey designs. I've included the crown sponsor but NZ doesn't allow gambling sponsors so I've given that a pass seeing that these are fantasy designs. The first design I've had a go at is for the rabbits.
OxPOC87.jpg

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Big segway...

I think the Gold Coast (particularly with the attention they will be getting with Hayne) desperately need a jumper with a clear and memorable design (the current demands on the designer seem to be "whatever shade of blue you feel like and throw in some yellow as well")

Id love to see this (Blue with gold/white butcher stripes)
13912588_1063135783740228_779050046414471521_n.jpg

I feel like they have been heading towards this for a while; their original touched on it with the side-panels
gold-coast-titans-home-shirt-2007-s_775_1.jpg

and their 2015 heritage almost got there (it flipped a few of the colours)
titans15altfront.jpg

(The 2013 heritage jersey was similar too and it is even a reference to the old Seagulls jersey in different colours!!!!)

The Titans need to build an image and (assuming they dont completely change their colours) that butcher stripe the perfect option...

Big segway...

I think the Gold Coast (particularly with the attention they will be getting with Hayne) desperately need a jumper with a clear and memorable design (the current demands on the designer seem to be "whatever shade of blue you feel like and throw in some yellow as well")

Nice one, Doc. This allows Parra fans to see Hayne run around in the blue and gold again. Maybe more white like the heritage kit?

Klim

Juniors
Hi everyone I've decided to make some Auckland 9's jersey designs. I've included the crown sponsor but NZ doesn't allow gambling sponsors so I've given that a pass seeing that these are fantasy designs. The first design I've had a go at is for the rabbits.
OxPOC87.jpg
Here is my attempt at the Warriors.
2g14rv1.jpg

bobmar28

Bench
Big segway...

I feel like they have been heading towards this for a while; their original touched on it with the side-panels
gold-coast-titans-home-shirt-2007-s_775_1.jpg

and their 2015 heritage almost got there (it flipped a few of the colours)
titans15altfront.jpg

(The 2013 heritage jersey was similar too and it is even a reference to the old Seagulls jersey in different colours!!!!)

The Titans need to build an image and (assuming they dont completely change their colours) that butcher stripe the perfect option...

The saddest, craziest thing about this thread is there are so many Rl fans who care, with so much talent mocking up jerseys a thousand times better than the jersey manufacturers and clubs.

Saint Doc

Coach
I don't think butchers stripes suits the gold coast at all. They are supposed to be a fresh, new, exciting club, not one pretending to be from 1908.

I actually think they were on the right track with their 2015 9's jersey

titans159s.jpg

Get rid of the knife thing and the lines on the top right shoulder
Sky blue at the top.
Fade/gradient down to white at the bottom of the jersey.
Sky or navy blue shorts.
Navy sleeves (both)
Make everything symmetrical
Gold trim

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I don't think butchers stripes suits the gold coast at all. They are supposed to be a fresh, new, exciting club, not one pretending to be from 1908.

I actually think they were on the right track with their 2015 9's jersey

Get rid of the knife thing and the lines on the top right shoulder

Sky blue at the top.
Fade/gradient down to white at the bottom of the jersey.
Sky or navy blue shorts.
Navy sleeves (both)
Make everything symmetrical
Gold trim

Haha. Im glad i read to the end before replying, i was about to have a go at you for liking the f*cking cartoon thing...

I actually quite like that idea. Even though Blue is so common in the NRL, the shade the Titans use is quite distinct. (i always thought it was a shame they put overies on their 2013 jersey, the solid blue would have looked great)

david-taylor-poses-during-a-gold-coast-titans-nrl-jersey-launch-at-picture-id158345020

Having said that though, i think you used estimate the value of a classic look. I dont think that classic is exclusive from "fresh and exciting". Souths have shown that you can bring together classic and modern, and they are probably the biggest brand in the NRL today....

The last 20 years of NRL jerseys have been defined by cash-grab gimmick, lurching from one cartoonish piece of shit to the next. That fresh and exciting look we're hoping for isnt another gimmicky cartoonish piece of shit, its a jumper that breaks that trend and has some self respect (and history, even a created history, is a big part of this).

Im not saying the butcher stripes are the only answer, but in ANY jersey today i dont think "it look TOO classic" is a real criticism....

Last edited:

GAZF

First Grade
Haha. Im glad i read to the end before replying, i was about to have a go at you for liking the f*cking cartoon thing...

I actually quite like that idea. Even though Blue is so common in the NRL, the shade the Titans use is quite distinct. (i always thought it was a shame they put overies on their 2013 jersey, the solid blue would have looked great)

david-taylor-poses-during-a-gold-coast-titans-nrl-jersey-launch-at-picture-id158345020

Having said that though, i think you used estimate the value of a classic look. I dont think that classic is exclusive from "fresh and exciting". Souths have shown that you can bring together classic and modern, and they are probably the biggest brand in the NRL today....

The last 20 years of NRL jerseys have been defined by cash-grab gimmick, lurching from one cartoonish piece of shit to the next. That fresh and exciting look we're hoping for isnt another gimmicky cartoonish piece of shit, its a jumper that breaks that trend and has some self respect (and history, even a created history, is a big part of this).

Im not saying the butcher stripes are the only answer, but in ANY jersey today i dont think "it look TOO classic" is a real criticism....

Stripes are becoming increasingly difficult to pull off with the number of logos and sponsors all over the jersey. Look at how Parra, NQ and Brisbane have moved their striping either up or down, and how crap Souths' striping looks with a big box over it. I think minimal features is something the Titans could make their own and their unique shade of blue should be the main feature, more of the light blue and less navy. Another thing that they need to get away from is excessive piping - not so bad this year but previous years with BLK and Adidas have been very jarring.

Saint Doc

Coach
So whilst being fully aware that I am the worst "Paint" user on earth (let alone some fancy design program) but I decided to do a roughshot mock up of what I was talking about for the Titans. Now I've come back and GAZF has posted and now I'm about to die of embarrassment of this shoddy job. Still, (maybe) you get the picture

gc.jpg

GAZF

First Grade
So whilst being fully aware that I am the worst "Paint" user on earth (let alone some fancy design program) but I decided to do a roughshot mock up of what I was talking about for the Titans. Now I've come back and GAZF has posted and now I'm about to die of embarrassment of this shoddy job. Still, (maybe) you get the picture

gc.jpg
It gets the point across. I could cop the dark sleeves but the gradient to white kind of fades out their biggest asset (colour).