What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GIVE DUFTY A GO

dino2170

Juniors
It looks like duffy can score tries at will. Now we have no chance of the semis because of marys zero ability of coaching, why not have duffy on the wing. Get rid of old man nightengale and promote duffy?

OzDragon

Coach
Get rid of old man nightengale
50472238.jpg

BigBoss

Juniors
MUST be included in the side this week.. but he won't be obviously. Supercoach will have 'better' plans.

Btw that video of Dufty is f**king amazing to watch. He has a big future ahead of him this kid, hopefully with us.

TheRev

First Grade
o Quinlan: He wasn't as effective against the Broncs, though I love the way he manages to hang on to those poorly given offloads.. but its not enough to hold his spot on that alone.. but the Dogs game he was huge..

o Dufty: I've said from the start that I wanted Dufty to play NSW Cup and give him more time to bulk up & get confidence before being thrown into 1st grade, but with finals contention over, 1 very good game for the Cutters & an injured Dugan, I could definitely see some initial blooding this season (even this week), because there is no real pressure on the side, and then he can go back to 20's Fullback for finals & NSW Cup Fullback (or 5/8) for 2017.

Note: One of the biggest problems for Mann's fullback debut (the forgotten kid) was that Dugan was fit and fans were losing their minds about Mann being selected over Duges, the kid had no chance under that pressure.

o Dugan: The spanner in all this is the return of Dugan in a few weeks time.. ive actually enjoyed his injury because Mary has been forced to think.

Walpole

Juniors
Bloody hell, someone show that video to Mary and then explain to him what's happening. The speed will be hard enough to explain but he'll be baffled when you point out how Dufty puts his winger over for tries.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Not yet, but soon.
I wouldn't risk him against the likes of Gallen or Fafita, could end his season with their dirty tactics and they will be all out to avenge their loss today.
The week after that is the Roosters, I think if he was to get a run in 1st grade this would be a good game. The Roosters season is over, nothing really to play for, so this game could be open with plenty of opportunities for a player with the speed and agility as Dufty, but I would start him on the wing and give him a roving commission.

emu62

Juniors
Not yet, but soon.
I wouldn't risk him against the likes of Gallen or Fafita, could end his season with their dirty tactics and they will be all out to avenge their loss today.
The week after that is the Roosters, I think if he was to get a run in 1st grade this would be a good game. The Roosters season is over, nothing really to play for, so this game could be open with plenty of opportunities for a player with the speed and agility as Dufty, but I would start him on the wing and give him a roving commission.

Gallen & Fifita have gotta catch him first

gorilla

First Grade
He's quick, knows what to do with, and to find, a gap. He thinks like a fullback and he can pass.

Give him a five kilo and retain speed diet and get him blooded.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
If all the players train together would not McGregor have seen the talent of the lower
grade stars and have rewarded them for consistent performance by promoting them to First Grade? Is he blindfolded?

hazzbeen

Bench
This kid has something special , give him a crack , blood him for the rest of the games not just 5 min then dont play him again . If he is good enough age should be no barrier , other teams have blooded the young blokes and they are now controlling their teams ...... GO FOR IT MARY .....

Emu01

Juniors
I agree we should give him a go, but when the side is really struggling may not be the best time,as it might knock his confidence around if we cop another flogging when he makes his debut.

I would be more inclined to wait a couple of weeks against Newcastle at Kogarah.

That way there will be less pressure on the kid, he can find plenty of gaps and space and get a taste of first grade without to much stress, have a good off season build up some size and come back next season in first grade.

If we rush him into first grade against a determined sharks outfit or a massive Parramatta team we will definitely regret it..

Simon

Juniors
Leave him in the 20's where we have a shot in the semi's. He has to be in first grade next year, but why wouldn't we leave him in a winning team that hopefully can have a crack at the 20's title. He'll get the experience of playing some big games plus have another offseason to prepare for firsts.

If we were going to bring youngsters up it should have been earlier and not now where it can interrupt one of the only positives we have this season.

possm

Coach
Rest Benji and switch Mann to halfback and Dufty to the left wing for the rest of the season. I believe Mann will go well at halfback and Duft has shown he knows the way to the line.

Quinlan is not the answer at fullback. If Dugan is not ready to return, switch Widdop to fullback and Benji to 6. Though I would really like to see how a Mann/Widdop halves combination works. This may solve our halves problem for 2017.

Now is the time to begin developing a competitive squad for 2017. If Mann does well at 7, there is no need to keep Benji. If Widdop does well at fullback, there will be no need to keep Dugan when his contract ends.

V

Vasilevsky

Rest Benji and switch Mann to halfback and Dufty to the left wing for the rest of the season. I believe Mann will go well at halfback and Duft has shown he knows the way to the line.

Quinlan is not the answer at fullback. If Dugan is not ready to return, switch Widdop to fullback and Benji to 6. Though I would really like to see how a Mann/Widdop halves combination works. This may solve our halves problem for 2017.

Now is the time to begin developing a competitive squad for 2017. If Mann does well at 7, there is no need to keep Benji. If Widdop does well at fullback, there will be no need to keep Dugan when his contract ends.

Whatever has given you the idea Widdop would make a good fullback? The only thing worse than his running game is his ball playing.

Latest posts