What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne~NFL~RU~Tits~Eels~Dad~Jailed~Mistrial~Jailed 5yrs~Retrial~Jailed~Appeal

Kornstar

Coach
To be fair it looked like the ref backed into him.

Were the JT and Cam Smith incidents before or after the zero tolerance declaration ? IIRC the NRL drew a line in the sand after Klemmer got off on appeal.

They were both after.

jk13

First Grade
Buetner said the other day that it's comes down to definition of unavoidable. Probably right in this case

forward pass

Coach
Yep you're right, the emotions of International Celebrate Hayne Day can play havoc with a person's use of standard forum functionality.

So Phantom - why would you be such a dick and post the Warriors try thing in your signature? For starters - they did not score from that intercept directly - he was tackled. Did you even watch the game?

And why aren't you posting the same thing for Ash Taylor (who is rated the next megastar) for the intercept he threw which Warriors scored from??? Especially seeing Ash has been playing all year - Hayne hasn't played for 2 years.

So Phantom - why would you be such a dick and post the Warriors try thing in your signature? For starters - they did not score from that intercept directly - he was tackled. Did you even watch the game?

And why aren't you posting the same thing for Ash Taylor (who is rated the next megastar) for the intercept he threw which Warriors scored from??? Especially seeing Ash has been playing all year - Hayne hasn't played for 2 years.
I don't know what you're getting at. He's got no more interest in Hayne than he does any other NRL player.

ParraUnagi

Juniors
I just love that he has taken all of the media attention so we can get on with building our team again. I'm happy for them to take the spotlight for a while.

phantom eel

First Grade
So Phantom - why would you be such a dick and post the Warriors try thing in your signature?
Because I like the look of the new forum layout? (And for the reactions like your one...)

Ash Taylor is not an ex-Eel and is irrelevant to this forum.
Ash Taylor's management and media manipulation haven't resulted in Ash Taylor being put in an overhyped pedestal and shoved down our throats all week.
And people are not crying over how Ash Taylor wasn't true to his word about returning to the club that paid him while he was away under a lifetime agreement.

Hope those answers help...

lingard

Coach
I don't actually have anger toward him, that's the faulty assumption at the core of teh misunderstanding.

Hayne is a talented individual, but imo not a great fit for a club rugby league side - when you take into account salary cap/squad balance, and positional structures. That's not anger or hatred, that's just opinion about my rugby league fundamentals. But my opinion seems to cause some people some constant troubles of their own.

If Hayne is selected for Origin next season - which depends a lot on what position he settles down to play for Titans in the new year - then yes I will cheer him on in those three games. However I fear if Daley selects Hayne anywhere other than fullback or wing, it will come to Blue tears....
You kidding? Hayne at outside centre and Tedesco at fullback. We'll kill QLD!

forward pass

Coach
Because I like the look of the new forum layout? (And for the reactions like your one...)

Ash Taylor is not an ex-Eel and is irrelevant to this forum.
Ash Taylor's management and media manipulation haven't resulted in Ash Taylor being put in an overhyped pedestal and shoved down our throats all week.
And people are not crying over how Ash Taylor wasn't true to his word about returning to the club that paid him while he was away under a lifetime agreement.

Hope those answers help...

Ok. I will make a note to take great joy every time an ex Eel f**ks up on the field. If that is how you get your jollies I will give it a go.

Noise

Coach
I thought Hayne killed it on Sunday and I am gutted he is not with us. But it is slightly amusing that the titans were 7th before Hayne and will now probably be sitting in 10th with Hayne (They do have a relatively easy draw though)

phantom eel

First Grade
I thought Hayne killed it on Sunday and I am gutted he is not with us. But it is slightly amusing that the titans were 7th before Hayne and will now probably be sitting in 10th with Hayne (They do have a relatively easy draw though)
It is amusing, for all the Hayne hype.

Titans actually have a tricky draw... coming up against a few of their similarly placed challengers for a finals spot in the remaining weeks.

It will be a test of Jarryd's mettle, whether he's got what it takes to "steer" them into the semis, given that he failed on his last attempt with us in 2014, when we were in the 8 with two rounds to go and he seemed to "phone in" his club performances just when his attacking abilities were most needed.

Gronk

Staff member
The Hayne camp are still trying to justify the cash grab. Yes we know that the "lifetime" deal was never written in ink. It was in your blood, f**ker.

The blue and gold faithful are filthy on Jarryd Hayne over his move to the Gold Coast having repeatedly declared in the media he’d never play anywhere else but Parramatta.

But as for the first mention, the “lifetime agreement” he “signed” in 2014 when he left to chase a start in the NRL?

It was never worth the paper it was written on, if it was ever recorded at all.

Hayne’s manager Wayne Beavis swears black and blue that such an agreement with the club never existed.

But they insist both he and Beavis personally approved the letter to members in October 2014 — bearing Hayne’s signature — that expressly mentions the commitment.

“It means jack s—,” Beavis said.

“There were no terms of release. Legally none. How could you ever enforce a lifetime contract?

“How would they ever put any money in there, not knowing where it was going to end up?”

As far as League HQ is concerned, this is the key point. There’s no such thing as a lifetime contract in the NRL, not without set salaries and length of terms.

Otherwise such a deal could be used to circumvent the salary cap. Daly Cherry-Evans $10 million ‘lifetime deal’ with Manly is an eight-year contract worth on average $1.25 million a year.

The final two seasons are options in Cherry-Evans’ favour, and if he sees them out will tie him to the club until he turns 34 in 2023.

The deal is guaranteed, which means the Sea Eagles will be liable for the playing component of DCE’s deal should he be struck down by a career-ending injury.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...rss&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Latest posts