What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leilua Gets a start!

stg666

Juniors
would he prefer to be helping his mates in the 20s at this stage of the year , considering their position at the moment . they could do with him . just wondering out aloud .

Jono1987

Juniors
Bloke I work with reckons he's signed with the Dogs for two years. Claims he got this info from a reliable source who said Luciano has taken up a job working with someone/company that takes on under 20's players. Hope he's wrong.

Dragsters

First Grade
Bloke I work with reckons he's signed with the Dogs for two years. Claims he got this info from a reliable source who said Luciano has taken up a job working with someone/company that takes on under 20's players. Hope he's wrong.

Jeez, if he plays his cards right he won't have to worry about a "job" for a long time yet!

1977dragon

Juniors
After hearing all the "my mate said" rumors surround dragons supposed buys recently, I still hold hope we will keep young Luciano. Again, at this stage a rumor. If indeed more, and he has gone, that'll do me !!

denis preston

First Grade
surely the money on offer from any of his options would be above any salary he could earn from employment.
Spot on call on this bullshit rumor. If he has to have employment the deal can't be that good .I assume our offer is in the squad so he can't have outside employment !!

rainman44

Bench
Spot on call on this bullshit rumor. If he has to have employment the deal can't be that good .I assume our offer is in the squad so he can't have outside employment !!
I think the bag man is what Des will bring to that job. Load of shit it's all part how those clubs do business when they want a player in a big way.

BankstownDragon

Juniors
Were you so upset with the re-signing of Duffy, Herbert, Garrick, Sailor and Lomax?
Were those negotiations backwards too?
Seriously, what do you expect mate? How can any club be broadcasting through negotiations? It's just not the done thing I'm sorry.

Jubileeboy,
I completely understand its not the done thing.
But with this particular player having a higher profile compared the other you metioned plus the added extra pressure the club is under now....then surely a update...something...anything.

With reference to the "backward " comment made by me, just my opinion, but i believe they are backward in thier approach, as the clubs track record of retention shows.

Fuc***n backwards is bieng polite.
Useless idiots IMHO.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Jubileeboy,
I completely understand its not the done thing.
But with this particular player having a higher profile compared the other you metioned plus the added extra pressure the club is under now....then surely a update...something...anything.

With reference to the "backward " comment made by me, just my opinion, but i believe they are backward in thier approach, as the clubs track record of retention shows.

Fuc***n backwards is bieng polite.
Useless idiots IMHO.

I understand your views BD and all good.
Until such time as the ink has dried and any cooling off period has expired, nothing is certain. That's why there can't be a whole lot of discussion from the club or in the press. I'm almost 100% certain the club is doing all it can to secure him for the future as many other posts and discussions have alluded to. He is a priority and that is a fact.

SaintHarry

Juniors
Well he is on the team sheet to face the roosters so thats a good sign the club showing faith and being amongst the senior playing group will do him good especially wanting to stay.. he has so much potential can be one of the strongest fowards in the comp and at the saints he can be a leader within the pack.

Red V for life

Juniors
I read somewhere recently that he has played in the 21 jersey for the 2 games so far to reflect the St George Dragons came in in 1921. Something about appreciating the history and the importance etc etc.

I can't help but notice he has been handed the 22 jersey this week.

:thinking:

nortyboi3

Juniors
May help us sleep easier for a while.....

Btw this is from Foxsports news for anyone who was curious

DRAGONS GET SERIOUS

St George Illawarra have upped the ante to keep one of their most talented junior stars in the Red V, offering backrower Luciano Leilua a two-year-deal.

Having lost the likes of Jack Bird and Jackson Hastings in recent years, the Dragons are desperate to hold onto the damaging big man.

After re-signing exciting 20s star Matt Dufty for another two years, the club now hopes to lock the 20-year-old younger brother of Canberra ace Joey Leilua up until the end of 2018.

b3548a50837e5bbb21233c88d8e9bc95

Luciano Leilua of the Dragons is tackled.Source: Getty Images
Leilua, who has played two games in the NRL, is weighing up whether to accept the offer.

The 115kg backrower has also been linked with Canterbury after they expressed interest in the young gun prior to him making his NRL debut, however it’s understood they have not tabled a deal.

Bulldogs CEO Raelene Castle was asked last week via the club website’s blogging with the boss page if they were chasing Leilua, to which she replied; “No, we aren’t.”

Leilua made his NRL debut in round 22 off the back of some devastating form in the Holden Cup.

denis preston

First Grade
Well who is holding things up ? This months cooling off must apply to all contracts even if you are extending or resigning with the same club.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Has it even dawned on you that "the club is doing all it can to secure him" is actually not good enough?

Simply another example of cheering mediocrity.

Straight Shooter

Has it not yet dawned on you that I don't care in the slightest what you think?
Just go away...

borat

Bench
Has it even dawned on you that "the club is doing all it can to secure him" is actually not good enough?

Simply another example of cheering mediocrity.

Straight Shooter
And this is another example of wearing the tin foil hat.

Plenty to be critical about but keeping quiet during a contact negotiation is not. Mediocrity would be giving a running commentary.

Was that straight enough for you shooter?

Luciano is a wanted player. If he and his manager are smart they would be letting his football on the park drive his price up. I doubt he will sign with anyone for a few more weeks