What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fress Blood

dragon thomo

Juniors
Now its time to get rid of the dead wood.
Mann to replace Marshall
Anyone to replace our two useless hookers
Dufty to the wing
Lielua to start and not be wasted on the bench-by the way sign him today on a 3 year day
Nightingale you have been a champion but please retire
Most of all sack Mcgregor NOW and sign Cleary

Sigurd

Juniors
Now its time to get rid of the dead wood.
Mann to replace Marshall
Anyone to replace our two useless hookers
Dufty to the wing
Lielua to start and not be wasted on the bench-by the way sign him today on a 3 year day
Nightingale you have been a champion but please retire
Most of all sack Mcgregor NOW and sign Cleary
Fundamentally I agree though I don't believe there is any indication Mann can play in the halves. At least I haven't see it. Nightingale is finished on the wing but I believe next year he could revert back to where he started. An interchange utility.
But once again you ignore the most glaring issue with the team. Widdop must go. Yesterday was one of his worst games yet. I saw him get the ball, run across the field on the last tackle, slip over and hand over possession. Other than that all he did was catch and pass at least 5 meters in front of the Rorters defence. Usually closer to 10. In the second half he tried to stay away from the ball completely. Both have to go but if we are to keep one, it would take McGregor-like incompetence and stupidity if it were Marshall rather than Widdop.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
i agree.. we need fress blood, and given tse season is gone, now is tse time to try it..

for mine, we saven't seen sutcsison in first grade tsis year.. time to see if se sas improved since last season..

and possibly give our u/20's sooker a csance.. i can't remember sis name rigst now..

Sigurd

Juniors
i agree.. we need fress blood, and given tse season is gone, now is tse time to try it..

for mine, we saven't seen sutcsison in first grade tsis year.. time to see if se sas improved since last season..

and possibly give our u/20's sooker a csance.. i can't remember sis name rigst now..

How many halves have been tried with Widdop since he arrived? How many has he formed a good combination with? Bad idea to have Hutchinson fettered by and take the fall for this imposter. On the other hand, dropping Widdop for Hutchinson is a no-brainer.

dragonreddy

Juniors
Fundamentally I agree though I don't believe there is any indication Mann can play in the halves. At least I haven't see it. Nightingale is finished on the wing but I believe next year he could revert back to where he started. An interchange utility.
But once again you ignore the most glaring issue with the team. Widdop must go. Yesterday was one of his worst games yet. I saw him get the ball, run across the field on the last tackle, slip over and hand over possession. Other than that all he did was catch and pass at least 5 meters in front of the Rorters defence. Usually closer to 10. In the second half he tried to stay away from the ball completely. Both have to go but if we are to keep one, it would take McGregor-like incompetence and stupidity if it were Marshall rather than Widdop.

Widdop doesn't like taking a hit ,said it 2 years ago and it is still the same, Mann has been ok on the wing ,big difference moving into halves,just because he went ok there in intrust super cup will not mean he can rip it up in the NRL, don't think he is confident enough ,happy to be proven wrong though.

OzDragon

Coach
Widdop doesn't like taking a hit ,said it 2 years ago and it is still the same, Mann has been ok on the wing ,big difference moving into halves,just because he went ok there in intrust super cup will not mean he can rip it up in the NRL, don't think he is confident enough ,happy to be proven wrong though.
Well we've got 2 games that mean sweet FA so why not try him in the halves? These 2 games can be a blessing in disguise to let us try out players in different positions. If he doesn't go well, stick him back on the wing where he's been great anyway. Also give Dufty a go (maybe from DH?) and have Leilua in the starting side.

What have we got to lose? (hopefully a coach!!)

dragonreddy

Juniors
Well we've got 2 games that mean sweet FA so why not try him in the halves? These 2 games can be a blessing in disguise to let us try out players in different positions. If he doesn't go well, stick him back on the wing where he's been great anyway. Also give Dufty a go (maybe from DH?) and have Leilua in the starting side.

What have we got to lose? (hopefully a coach!!)

Fair call.

dragonssamy61

First Grade

Dragonreddy also will have to do 20 tackles not 2 in the halves. Will need a kicking games as well. Better giving the off season to do 2 things. Put on 5kg of muscle and learn to play half again. Then start him in the trails and charity shield. Just my 10 cents worth

TheRev

First Grade
The only 2 players left that are 'due' for first grade blooding/re-blooding are Dufty/Hutchinson.

But the thing is.... with 2 weeks to finals in their respective grades, is it actually better development for them to get some time with their lower grade sides (both are spine players) rather than spend 2 weeks with 1st grade, then dropped back with a week to prepare for finals? Both grades are struggling a little to find top form.

6 weeks ago was the time I thought was the right time to give them a couple of weeks in 1sts (just a taste), but with 2 weeks to go.. dunno tough call.. Hutchinson a little bit easier to replace with McCrone/Nona/Wallace available but im sure he and the club really want to see how Hutch handles himself thru finals pressure, no excuses hes had the whole year to develop his combinations.

mariner2

Juniors
Perfectly good half sitting in NSW cup playing exceptional footy. Absolutely no idea why Hutchinson not promoted. What does he have to do? Cannot believe that Benji has the absolute worst game ever 2 weeks ago and he is still there!!! Needs to be given opportunity for last 2 games! Cutters are already into 2nd place. Cant drop to 3rd.

Sigurd

Juniors

Maybe but I'm not sure that's the reason (he only passes at least 5 meters from the opposition defence). I think he simply doesn't have the ability to take the ball to the line and leave the opposition guessing as to whether he will pass, kick or run himself. I'm telling you now and take it as pretty much a fact. While Widdop is in the team in the halves (I don't see where else he could play. Maybe hooker if he could tackle well but he can't.) the team won't challenge for a premiership.

I know Melbourne did but that is the salary cap. If we had superstars all around him and Widdop's only job was to not make mistakes and stand and pass to the superstars all around him, we could challenge for the premiership but the salary cap makes that impossible for any team but the Broncos.