What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

League Announcements

zombie jesus

Staff member
Contract years have been updated, these are now locked in. If there are any errors, let me know.

No Fly Zone has not designated years so they are locked out of making any bids/roster moves until they do and I get them inputted.

For everyone else, the first blind bidding period is open. Blind bidding will close at 6pm on Tuesday. The league site will automatically assign players to the winning teams, if a player receives the same bid from two or more teams, the earliest submitted bid will win the auction.

To do this go to For Owners > Waivers

You will be able to assign years to players, this will be done in a single thread posted by me. Wait for it to pop up before jumping in. Players who do not have years designated within 48 hours (this changes to 24 hours during the season) of the thread being posted will automatically receive a 1-year contract.

During this whole process, the cap can be breached temporarily, owners will have 48 hours (this changes to 24 hours during the season) to get their cap in order before cap penalties/transaction reversals apply.

You are free to cut players at the standard rate. Zero cap penalties for players on a straight contract and bonus*years for bonus contract. If a cap penalty applies, it will remain on your cap for the rest of the season.

If you cut any player, bonus or straight contract, please post it in the 2016 Roster Moves &Trades thread
This makes it easier for ab and I to keep track of things and we can update any cap penalties that may apply.

Some teams haven't designated DS players yet, you can do this on the league site by going to For Owners > Taxi Squad and select your 2 players (rookies on $1000 or less). This needs to be done by Tuesday at 6pm, after that, no DS designations will be accepted.

zombie jesus

Staff member
DS promotion rates for 2016

QB: $1500
RB: $3500
WR: $3500
TE: $1500
DL: $1000
LB: $1000
DB: $1000

These rates are based on 10% of the transition tag. I have rounded the numbers down to the nearest legal big according to our auction/FA rules.

The rate increases if players spend a 2nd, 3rd, 4th and so on year on the DS to 15%, 20%, 25% etc. of the transition tag.

So, if at any time you decide to promote a player from your DS this season, this will be his salary. You are then able to assign years and contract type.

Like all transactions, you need to note any promotions in the roster moves thread for ab or I to process.

Mjp81

Juniors
What's the point of having them on the development squad in the 1st place if it costs more to activate them? Wouldn't we have been better off just having them on our squad at $1k? Doubt I'll ever use mine anyway.

zombie jesus

Staff member
What's the point of having them on the development squad in the 1st place if it costs more to activate them? Wouldn't we have been better off just having them on our squad at $1k? Doubt I'll ever use mine anyway.

The best way to use it is to pick up guys who might be good in a year or two. You get to see how they go without committing money or years, if it works out you get a fresh set of years at a higher price, if not, you cut them with no penalty. If you pick the right guys then the extra cost will be worth it.

Plenty of players out there are stuck on depth charts and not worth rostering but they could be starters in a year or two.

It will probably be more relevant next season and beyond when we have our rookie draft, those 3rd and 4th round guys probably won't be worth keeping, but could be good DS candidates.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Something that has come up that will affect some during the season...

While the salary cap and roster limit can be broken (should be able to anyway) and fixed up later when acquiring players through blind bidding etc, the contract years cannot be.

If you are at the 80 year limit, you will need to nominate player(s) to drop when you put in a waiver claim. If you don't do this, the league site will deem your claim invalid and not process it.

nick87

Coach
I think we should revisit this issue
the 80 year limit was a good idea for the initial draft, because it meant people were forced to spread their rosters across years to populate the free agency pool in the next 1-5 years

but since that process is over, i dont think we should now have any limits. If you pick up someone on waivers, its only a one year deal as standard. And this time next year we're going to have Rookies coming in on 4-5 year deals, and free agents as well

I think once we get through all the blind bid process and waivers are opened up as per usual process, there shouldnt be a limit on contract years.

Mjp81

Juniors
I think having contract limits is great. It added another dimension to the process and will help create a bit more buzz each year in free agency.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Once this blind bidding window is closed I will open up one last window that will run through to Saturday September 3 at 6pm. This will be your last chance to acquire players that you're able to attach years to until next off season.

After that time, we'll move onto in-season mode, so that means..
  • Following that, first come, first serve waivers will then open up, free agents will lock at their individual game time.
  • Newly acquired players, (through blind bidding or FCFS waivers) are given an automatic 1-year contract. You still need to nominate if you want a player to receive a bonus contract, this needs to happen within 24 hours of the pick up. You do this in the Rosters Moves and Trades thread http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/threads/2016-roster-moves-trades.457482/
  • Salary cap penalties are applied differently. The amount stays the same (years*bonus) but it is distributed at 20% to the current year's cap and 80% to your 2017 cap. For example $1000 total cap hit = $200 remains on this year's cap and $800 is placed on your 2017 cap.
The process for each week of the regular season will then go as follows...
  • Blind bid waivers will open around kick off time for the NFL Sunday games (1pm ET US time).
  • They will close every Wednesday at 10pm (Sydney time).
  • FCFS will open immediately after blind bid waivers are processed.
  • Newly acquired players, (through blind bidding or FCFS waivers) are given an automatic 1-year contract. You still need to nominate if you want a player to receive a bonus contract, this needs to happen within 24 hours of the pick up. You do this in the Rosters Moves and Trades thread http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/threads/2016-roster-moves-trades.457482/

Last edited:

zombie jesus

Staff member
Some changes to the above. I f**ked my dates up.

There were no blind Bids this week. Blind bidding will open again this evening at 6pm and run through to Saturday September 3 at 6pm (AEST).

After that, first come first serve waivers open up and we move into in-season mode as explained above re cap penalties and contract designations.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Merry Christmas blah blah…. On to the important stuff…..

Congratulations to AusknightRKO and his Gronk Spiked Punch boys for taking out the inaugural Mark Davis Mangina Trophy in the Super BowlCut, it’s an historic win which came on the back of a strong end to the season.

Commiserations to runner up, Sans Souci Sainter, he was the top scorer during the regular season and #1 seed heading into the playoffs but couldn’t jump that last hurdle. It was a very commendable effort from an LU fantasy rookie.

Thank you to everyone for participating and hopefully everyone will be back in 2017 to continue what they have built this season.

I’ve placed a thread on the forum of a rough timeline for the off season, basically you won’t hear from me again until late April/early May.

Trades are open again and will remain open so if you’re keen to make some moves, go for it, you can trade future draft picks also.

It’s been a fun experience trying to get everything to work the way it should, now that I have my head around things it will be easier to get the league site and setup finely tuned for next year. There are some changes I want to try to implement next season but we’ll worry about that in a few months. If you have any ideas stick them in the suggestions thread as that is the only place I’ll be checking when it comes time to tinker with things.

Big thanks to ab for helping out getting it all set up and through the season.

Have a great new year’s!
zj

PS Here's some stats
  • David Johnson and Le'Veon Bell were 3 points per game better than anyone else, almost 5 when comparing with fellow RBs.
  • Landon Collins was 1.5 points better than the next DB.
  • Khalil Mack and Jason Pierre-Paul were at least 2 points better than the next DL.
  • Aaron Rodgers was 2 points better than the next QB.
  • Top 100 make up (average score)
    • 30 QBs
    • 24 RBs
    • 33 WRs
    • 4 TEs
    • 2 DLs
    • 5 LBs
    • 2 DB
  • 101-200 make up (average score)
    • 6 QBs
    • 12 RBs
    • 25 WRs
    • 9 TEs
    • 14 DLs
    • 21 LBs
    • 13 DB
  • Smallest winning margin - Diamond Dogs by 0.73 over House of Carr
  • Biggest winning margin - Sultans by 114.98 over House of Carr
  • Le'Veon Bell's 51.8 points in week 14 was the biggest of the year
  • 9 other players scored over 40, including 5 defensive players

skeepe

Immortal
I've had an absolute blast this season, a huge thank you for setting everything up.

A minor detail though, I actually won that game against Diamond Dogs.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Email I got yesterday

------

Factories of Sadness Dynasty League Commissioner News - 2017 Leagues and Scheduled Downtime

Don't want email from MyFantasyLeague.com? Click here to unsubscribe from all emails.
The Superbowl is almost here, so it's time to start thinking about the new NFL season for your fantasy football league! We plan to launch our 2017 Leagues in mid-February, so you'll be able to upgrade to the new season starting on or around Wednesday, February 15th.

In order to prepare for some changes that we have planned for 2017, our site will be down for about 2 days starting on Monday morning, February 13th. The work should be completed and your league should be back up and running within 48 hours.

We've spent the past year focusing mostly on the back-end architecture side of things, which paved the way for some front-end league changes in 2017 (and beyond) that should make our system easier to use for both commissioners and owners. Here are the highlights of what you can expect to see in 2017 when you upgrade your league to the new fantasy season:

• Better User Interface: The most visible change will be in the form of an updated menu system and completely redesigned skins and color schemes, which will result in a much cleaner look and layout for all of the league pages.
  • Mobile Friendly Site: The entire site will feature a "responsive" design, which means league pages, home page tabs, and menu items will be much more accessible on any browser from your mobile devices (phones and tablets).
  • Improved Waivers (Player Transactions): The waiver system will be overhauled to make it easier to use and simpler to understand for commissioners and owners.
  • Increased Security: League pages will be accessible with the HTTPS protocol, and our Developer's API will be updated to require Secure HTTPS access to comply with upcoming requirements from Apple, Chrome and others.
  • MFL10s: Our popular MFL10s leagues will inherit all of the above enhancements, so the experience for those leagues will be improved as soon as they are opened up for the 2017 season. We also have some new formats planned as well. The target date for opening the MFL10s is within a week after the scheduled downtime is completed.

Keep in mind that these are just the highlights of the major changes and improvements we have planned for the new year. More info and details will be coming in February after the new season is launched.

Factories of Sadness Dynasty League Address:
http://www60.myfantasyleague.com/2016/home/77530

Want to stop getting emails from us? See your Contact Info page.

Questions about this site? Check out our Help > Help Center page.

MFL Mobile 2016 - FREE for iPhone and iPad! Manage your dynasty ANYWHERE from the couch to the stadium!

MyFantasyLeague Manager 2016 by RotoWire - iPhone/iPad app available in the App Store

zombie jesus

Staff member
Hey guys,

I have gone through and updated the rules. If you see anything that needs fixing up let me know.
A copy is attached and you can also find them on the league site here.

What has changed?
  • KR and PR TDs have been added (6 points).
  • Offensive fumble recoveries TDs have been added (6 points).
  • Players acquired through FA (the auction draft) have 1-year fully guaranteed contract until after FA begins and before blind bidding starts, this is to deter picking up players then cutting them straight away.
  • The contract cap is no longer in play, still a 5-year cap on individual contracts.
  • Whenever blind bidding occurs, contract years can be assigned. FCFS waivers are still 1-year minimum salary contracts.
  • No more bonus/straight contracts. All bonuses have been removed and straight contracts have been reduced by 20%,
Regarding this last point...
I have removed bonus/straight designations from the rosters, if you want to drop a player it will incur a 20% cap penalty which goes straight onto your cap number. If you believe that player was on a straight contract last season (which you can check here) let me know and the cap penalty will not apply.

Some reminders
  • Cap penalties at the moment go straight onto the 2017 cap, we don't split them 20/80 until after the draft/FA/contract designations are complete and blind bidding starts up in the weeks leading up to the season.
  • 4-round rookie draft, 2 of these rookies can go onto your development squad if you have room.
  • If your DS players were duds, you can drop them at no charge.
  • The league fee is $7.50 and can be sent via PayPal to this email address.
The next step is Franchise/transition tag designations, roster cut downs, development squad promotions at 2016 salary and contract renegotiation. I will set up threads later this week for all this.

Thanks,

zj

zombie jesus

Staff member
Hey guys,

We're up to the next stage, contract renegotiation, franchise/transition tags, development squad promotion and roster cut down.

Contract Renegotiation

Every team gets to renegotiate one contract per year if they wish, it is optional. The player has to have at least one year left on his contract. Players who finished 2016 on IR are ineligible.

This is like a clean slate, nominating a player puts them on the open market, however the current owner has the opportunity to match the highest bid and assign years.

If an owner chooses not to match the highest bid, they receive no compensation and the highest bidder wins the player and can assign years.

If you wish to renegotiate one of your player's contracts, name them in this thread by Sunday 28th May at 10pm.

An auction draft will be set up and I will input the names of those up for nomination, this will run concurrently with franchise tag and transition tag nominations.

Franchise/Transition Tag

Every team gets to franchise or transition tag one player per year if they wish, it is optional. The player has to have zero years left on his contract.

This is like the NFL, nominating a player puts them on the open market at a base salary depending on their position (below), however the current owner has the opportunity to match the highest bid (if any). Any player designated a tag is assigned a one year contract.

If a bid is made the matching owner or highest bidder is able to assign up to 5 contract years. Under a franchise tag the original owner receives 2 first round picks as compensation, there is no compensation for losing a player under the transition tag,

Franchise tags and transition tags are 100% guaranteed, so dropping a player results in the entire salary becoming a cap hit.

If you wish to tag one of your players, name them in this thread by Sunday 28th May at 10pm along with either the franchise or transition designation.

An auction draft will be set up and I will input the names of those up for nomination, this will run concurrently with contract renegotiation nominations.

Franchise Tag Salaries
(One year contract)
QB - $14080
RB - $35200
WR - $31520
TE - $15360
DL - $11680
LB - $8400
DB - $7200

Transition Tag Salaries

(One year contract)
QB - $12240
RB - $28800
WR - $28800
TE - $11320
DL - $8440
LB - $6800
DB - $5720

Auction
As mentioned, players nominated for tags or renegotiation will be entered into an auction.
I will place the players into the auction under the owner's name and the minimum salary where bidding will start from.
Same rules apply as last year's auction, minimum $500 increments for each bid under $10,000 and $1,000 thereafter.
This auction is scheduled to start on Tuesday May 30th at 9pm.
If no new bids are made on a player after 2 days, the auction for that player is deemed over.
There is no end date for the auction as yet, we will see how it goes and adjust.
This is the first of 3 drafts we'll have, it will be followed by a 4-round rookie draft and then a free agency auction draft.

Development Squad

Every team has two development squad places.

The deadline for promoting these players at 2016 salary cost is Sunday 28th May at 10pm.

Promoting a player comes with the salary listed below, years can be assigned.

If you do not promote your DS players by the above date, the cost of promoting 2016 drafted players will increase to 15% of the transition tag (currently at 10%).

Dropping players from your DS to free agency does not incur any cap penalty.

If you want to promote a player, post in this thread or promote them yourself through the league site and notify me so I can adjust salary/years.

(Years can be applied)
QB - $1224
RB - $2880
WR - $2880
TE - $1132
DL - $1000
LB - $1000
DB - $1000

Roster Cut Downs

At the cut off date of 10pm Sunday 28th May, all above designations needs to be in and all zero year players not up for a tag should be dropped from your roster.
Any player who finished the year on IR with years left should be moved back to your active roster.
If zero year players remain on your roster and they are not designated to be tagged, I will cut them and return them to the free agency pool.

Any questions let me know,

zj

Latest posts