What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You create your own anxiety

FireRedV

Juniors
Reading through some of these threads it's amazing how many people "know a guy"
"I know a guy who said this"
"I know a guy who said that"
And so many of you just buy it.
If you're not willing to put a name to "the guy" then you know no one.
It's been a tough year. It's almost over. Relax. Have a beer. And tell everyone who "knows a guy" to f**k off.

thebigredv

First Grade
It's been a tough year. It's almost over. Relax. Have a beer. And tell everyone who "knows a guy" to f**k off.

I agree completely however I personally am focused on one issue - the banishing of our current coach. The guy is blooding Drew Hutchinson in Round 25 only to recall Marshall in Round 26 to 'do what's right for our future'. Unbelievable logic.

If you believe what McGregor is saying why wouldn't you be anxious as a Dragons fan. Everything but common sense points to him staying on another year now when he starts talking about next year.

By the way Mary, you kept saying "don't panic we can make the finals" press conference after depressing press conference. you told the press to criticise someone else and you are the only one who didn't see the flogging coming. Now you switch to "we made the finals last year". So unprofessional and weak words can't describe. Ok that ended up as another rant...but I agree and think we should just put our energy into willing Mary out the door and not get caught up on hearsay.

nrlnrl

First Grade
If we put a name to people we hear rumours or information from, it wouldn't add anything. OK, a lot of the 'I'm hearing' talk comes from social media & people fall over themselves believing it, but some of it does come from people who know player managers or people in the media who have players as contacts. Anyway, it's a forum & that sort of stuff will flourish here, especially when people are desperate for good news . eg - Leilua re-signing.

drago brelli

Bench
I think McGregor wants to do the right thing by Hutchison. Hutchison deserves to play the first week of the finals for the Cutters. Playing him for one game in first grade won't reveal a whole lot. I like this guy as a player, he's a local, but in terms of playing consistently in first grade, well, the jury is out.

Totaldragonfan

Juniors
I think Hutch has been treated pretty shabbily. Not a vote of confidence in him playing him sporadically like has been the case. Give him a proper go.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
What I can see is that someone from the club must be reading our forum or threads.
In several cases we have thrown up Hutch's name and why he hasn't played this year, McGregor of course preferring McCrone.

To me Hutch's "promotion" is nothing more than an appeasement strategy with the view of trying to protect his job.
If you look at our team this week we have Host (who was dropped to the U20's last week and now returns), Leilua, (who got splinters last week) and now Hutch. That's 3 juniors promoted this week (so much for the salary cap!!!) and I'm sure a few other names were thrown around and maybe still included come game day.

McGregor will then come out and say:
1: After a win - "I have been nursing these players through the system and the time was right to give them their opportunity this week. They stuck to the game plan and played well"
2: After a loss - "There were others who thought the young guys could handle the jump, although they tried, they were a little off the pace. If we had Mose or Creagh who are quality leaders we would have iced that game"

It's really only job protection and all the players, not only the juniors, other coaches as well, are being set up as scapegoats.

McGregor you are a low life parasite.

Highland Saint

Juniors
If the first grade game can't make finals its probably best to steal the best players from U20's & Cutters in their run to the finals. Would look bad to be shown up by the lower grade coaches...

Seriously. F*** the Cutters. It's reserve grade. It exists solely to provide reserves when the proper team has injuries. It doesn't matter if they make the finals. It isn't a real competition. Their finals do not matter. It's f*****g reserve grade.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
f**k off

Highland Saint

Juniors
Seriously. F*** the Cutters. It's reserve grade. It exists solely to provide reserves when the proper team has injuries. It doesn't matter if they make the finals. It isn't a real competition. Their finals do not matter. It's f*****g reserve grade.

Good point, F**k our juniors and developing players. They don'y need to experience the winning culture of being in the finals under a good coach. They need to be brought up to 1st grade for a single game under Mary where they can be in a side embarrassingly thrashed 42-6 and think "why the f**k would I want to play at the Dragons"

If the Cutters was the reserve team wouldn't they be called Saint George Illawarra Dragons.

They are a feeder club and have out performed the Dragons by a long stretch in every facist of the game.

Yeah f**k them it doesn't matter to player who actually want to play finals football how dare they even dream about that.

No wonder people think some Dragons fans are utter merkins.

Old Timer

Coach
With you all the way on this.
Everything is expendable for 1st grade.
Nobody ever remembers the list of reserve grade premiers except those who played in them.
Its called a fancy name now to give some credibility to it because thats where all the extinct 1st grade teams end up.
Newtown and the Bears are never coming back from their exile and neither will we if we keep having anything but a 1st grade mentality.

Latest posts