What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cutters V Roos thread

Sigurd

Juniors
Good news but I just want to caution agaist Shonkies-like losing culture where supporters get excited about reserve grade success.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Good news but I just want to caution agaist Shonkies-like losing culture where supporters get excited about reserve grade success.

We get excited because they are coached to be a football team.
If you played the Cutters against 1st grade who would you support?
The fact is one is well coached and one is not.
We wouldn't be talking about the Cutters hardly at all if our 1st grade was at the very least performing consistantly good each week. Unfortunately they aren't and the Cuttets are, and there in lies why the excitement. Same applies to our U20's to be honest.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
If it weren't for the two lower grades doing well we would have all given up this year. It is nice to have some rays of hope on the horizon as First Grade have played Z grade
standard football coached by a bunch of
incompetent coaches and selectors who let players such as Idahifino and Matautia leave when our player roster was already decimated by injuries to Creagh, Farrell, Glymin and Masoe. What's more as the losses accummulated they still maintained the same deadwood and failed to promote the in-form lower grade players such as Dodd, Dufty, Herbert, Hind, Host, Leilua, Mann, Milne, Sironen and Wakeman. The roster should have been adjusted and signings made to compensate for player
unavailabilities. The Cutters and Under 20's
managed their Rosters well and coupled with good coaching and players knowing thst they had to perform or be dropped exceeded most expectations.

Revival some of the guys you mentioned couldn't be promoted as they are only signed to the Cutters.

Wakeman, Hind, Dodd and Sironen are only signed to the Cutters but i know what you mean as soon as Mose was gone for the year they failed to do anything about it except letting go Ikahihifo who at the time was the best forward for the Cutters.

Mata'Utia was let go and they kept lafai who in the end may be let go also so I ask what was the point Peter is better than KFFL and Lafai yet fell foul of Mary.

Creagh was gone by rd 3 and I was told he wouldn't play again and it turned out to be right but yet again they had to pay for a player who couldn't play and thats not Bens fault it is what it is.

Host and leilua have been promoted but Host has been shuffled around and that isn't great for his development and now the saga with leilua if your going just say so if not why is this dragging on its bloody ridiculous.

Milne getting a run and Mann being brought back in has been good and Herbert, Dufty, Lawrie and I Thompson have played in NSW Cup and that shows they do have a future.

Next year I see the roster being filled with younger players but if Mary is the coach then they won't develop like they should.

Sigurd

Juniors
Seriously its nice to see the lower grades play good solid football.

I sure as hell don't need some one like you telling me how i should feel about that.

You will fell about about whatever and however I want you to feel about it! lets get that clear right now!

Sigurd

Juniors
We get excited because they are coached to be a football team.
If you played the Cutters against 1st grade who would you support?
The fact is one is well coached and one is not.
We wouldn't be talking about the Cutters hardly at all if our 1st grade was at the very least performing consistantly good each week. Unfortunately they aren't and the Cuttets are, and there in lies why the excitement. Same applies to our U20's to be honest.

I'm not saying it's "bad". I'm also happy. I'm only cautioning against too much excitement over it which in my opinion is emblematic of a losing culture.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Coast you know the players much better than I do as I have only watched the three grades on TV. Mary's judgement is flawed.
If we do not get an external coach hopefully
Demetriou and Head will take over as we know that they can really coach a team to be the best that it can. They would be prepared to give the younger players a go and would be familiar with competent players in the local competitions who could fill in at the
lower levels. I think that players like Carr, Field, Kemp, Lewis and Porter also have some ability and might develop further if given the opportunity.

Coast you know the players much better than I do as I have only watched the three grades on TV. Mary's judgement is flawed.
If we do not get an external coach hopefully
Demetriou and Head will take over as we know that they can really coach a team to be the best that it can. They would be prepared to give the younger players a go and would be familiar with competent players in the local competitions who could fill in at the
lower levels. I think that players like Carr, Field, Kemp, Lewis and Porter also have some ability and might develop further if given the opportunity.
Lewis was in the Dragons NYC system a few years back and didn't progress any futher until he picked up a gig with the Cutters.

Mind you he has been one of the most consistant players in the Illawarra comp for some time now.

Porter again another guy in his mid 20's who is by far one of the best wingers in country NSW and could be a regular in the NSW cup but hasn't been.

Field has a touch footy back ground and is a bit on the small size but boy is he quick and has made the 5/8 spot his own in the NYC.

Kemp can fill in anywhere in the backline and is under valued but i am not sure if he will progress any further with the Dragons.

Carr well imo his time at the Dragons will be over soon and its a shame he has potential but probably some place else.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Lewis is built like Scott Gourlay and has pace
and is a good running forward. Surely he could develop better than Matthews and Marketo the latter being a lightweight. I wonder if Sele could play hooker? Demetriou
seems to be fairly spot on with his selections. I agree that Nona is a terrible
goalkicker.

Lewis will never progress from NSW Cup on the basis he has a fulltime job and is happy to play part time football and that is from some one i know who knows him well.

Wakeman has also gone down the same path after he got over looked for O'Brien who imo he was way better than anyway having a fulltime job that will out last his playing career makes perfect sense to me.

The Cutters is a great thing for players from the South Coast with a possible progression to better things but in the same token certain players will play but also work to supplement their income.

dragoncountry

Juniors
watched the game yesterday, apart rom a couple of errors Sironen had a good game, runs hard like his name sake. (don't think they are related?)
lewis looked good. Dodd in centres scored a great try. mc crone is hopeless, Nona didn't shine.Quinlan did nothing. injured I think still.
got the points in the end but wouldn't say overly convincing.

TheRev

First Grade
watched the game yesterday, apart rom a couple of errors Sironen had a good game, runs hard like his name sake. (don't think they are related?)
lewis looked good. Dodd in centres scored a great try. mc crone is hopeless, Nona didn't shine.Quinlan did nothing. injured I think still.
got the points in the end but wouldn't say overly convincing.
Appreciate the review! Hope Quinlans leg is improving and not something he is just putting up with due to finals being so close.. hes critical to that teams point scoring..