What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player Cleanout

TRANSLATION

Juniors
We hall have Different opinions. This is mine, feel free to tell me your expert opinion.

Dugan - Great Defensive Fullbacks offers Nothing in attack other than a Big Body, A Little slow these days
Flo - Too Slow in attack, Fast in Chasing down ?? Ball must Weigh 20kg.
Aitken - Gives 200%, Runs Hard each game, NOT A CENTRE at all. Play him on the wing. Still Cant pass a Ball.
Lafai - Has come to a Team and coach, who has Made him worse than he was, has Potential with a Great Team. Not here.
Mann - If he puts on 5 to 10 Kg, Could be Great. A Pass mark for the Year , Will get Better, When Widdop is gone.
Widdop - Worst Distributor in the Game, His outside men Must really Be Happy. Cant pass , Cant kick. 2 Good games per Yr.
Benji - Tries way too hard, when we are losing, so that means a lot, Against Roosters Refused to move up and tackle, Gone!
Debelin - Would love to see him Run at the line at Speed. Has potential, Mary thinks he is a Ball player Before the line ??
Thompson, Great Guy, tries hard, But should never have been resigned unless he signed for Half. Taking Lucianos Spot.
Frizzel. - Exceptional. imagine him getting great ball from a Proper Half.'
R Packer - With Frizzel, the only 2 Worthy Players in the Club this season.
Rein - Please go away
Sims - Outstanding, Refresh has done him the world of good. Great Pickup.
Leilua - Best Talent I have seen come out of the Dragons in a Long Long Time, Since choc and Tallis. If we lose him Ill ???

Ah Mau - Tries hard, Would not make another first grade squad, Maybe Newcastle, and he was out Player of the Year
Mccrone - Can provide some sort of Backup in Key Positions, But he cant play with Mary as coach, Bad Move Josh,
Marketo - WTF
Matthews - a Good Fill in.
Cooper - a sometimes Fill in
Fai Fai Loa Loa - a Sometimes fill in player
Taane Milne - Why did it take you 20 Weeks to give him a go, Benji told you how great he was Pre Season. ??
Glymin = Stanley
Mose Mosoe - I would love to see him First.

The Ones I highlighted I want us to keep, the Rest Id rather Just let go.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Interesting comments.
I think something like this may decend into my favourite player V your favourite player.
Also, if you clean out who is available and wants to sign or re-sign even.
Plus when is this clean out? Remember we have approx 70% of our squad coming off contract at the end of 2017.
Flo for example is contracted for next year and should play but he will retire at the end of 2017.
If we are talking ketting players go at the end of 2017 then I would let go
Marketo
Mathews
McCrone
KFFL
Glymin (unless he 100% recovers from injury and has a blinding year in the Cutters)
Lui
Havili (if he isnt let go b4 hand)
Lafai (assuming melb doesnt pick him up this year)
Flo to retire

All to he replaced by our juniors of 2016 and maybe 1 or 2 pick-ups

The rest depending on their 2017 season would look to 1-3 yr extensions.

However, if we clean out McGregor then im sure all our current players would lift and really look to improving themselves.

mickeylane

Bench
We hall have Different opinions. This is mine, feel free to tell me your expert opinion.

Dugan - Great Defensive Fullbacks offers Nothing in attack other than a Big Body, A Little slow these days
Aitken - Gives 200%, Runs Hard each game, NOT A CENTRE at all. Play him on the wing. Still Cant pass a Ball.
Lafai - Has come to a Team and coach, who has Made him worse than he was, has Potential with a Great Team. Not here.
Mann - If he puts on 5 to 10 Kg, Could be Great. A Pass mark for the Year , Will get Better, When Widdop is gone.
Widdop - Worst Distributor in the Game, His outside men Must really Be Happy. Cant pass , Cant kick. 2 Good games per Yr.
Benji - Tries way too hard, when we are losing, so that means a lot, Against Roosters Refused to move up and tackle, Gone!
Debelin - Would love to see him Run at the line at Speed. Has potential, Mary thinks he is a Ball player Before the line ??
Thompson, Great Guy, tries hard, But should never have been resigned unless he signed for Half. Taking Lucianos Spot.
Rein - Please go away
Leilua - Best Talent I have seen come out of the Dragons in a Long Long Time, Since choc and Tallis. If we lose him Ill ???

Ah Mau - Tries hard, Would not make another first grade squad, Maybe Newcastle, and he was out Player of the Year
Mccrone - Can provide some sort of Backup in Key Positions, But he cant play with Mary as coach, Bad Move Josh,
Marketo - WTF
Taane Milne - Why did it take you 20 Weeks to give him a go, Benji told you how great he was Pre Season. ??
Glymin = Stanley

Agree w the above

OzDragon

Coach

Rein - Please go away

Marketo - WTF
Glymin = Stanley

I'd also keep Mann & Ah Mau. Matthews if cheap enough.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Don't have an issue with what you are proposing. However progress will only happen when Mary leaves. Many of the players you want to get rid of have gone backwards under our illustrious coach.

I would retain the guys I have highlighted in bold text

Ah Mau-Like most of the FG lineup had an ordinary year

Aitken-Lacks the speed for the centre position but can be a physical and damaging ball runner

Carr-Never given a chance, other juniors have surpassed him in the pecking order

Cooper-Gone, thank you for your efforts last year Mike

Creagh-Club Champion, we will miss you Benny

JDB-Has the potential but not the coach to exploit his potential

Dugan-Super competitor / great defender, his body is not holding up

KFL-Average player not a top 17 player

Frizell-Arguably are best player, Mary has failed to properly utilise him

YKGlymin-Too Injury prone, he will not have his contract renewed

Havili-Lacks the fitness to play 60 minutes, could improve under a better coach

Hutch-Young half whose fitness levels have hindered his progress towards NRL status, crunch time

Lafai-Was not our worst player, did not meet supporters expectations, time for change

Lui- Was not given a fair go by Mary, certainly a better player than Marketo

Mann- Made the early season scapegoat, has the skill set to play NRL, he should be retained

Marketo-Top 25 player yes, top 17 player Nooooooooooooooo

Benji-The body is no longer capable best of luck in your new career as a commentator

Masoe-Looking forward to seeing this guy play in 2017, he is the missing link

Matthews-Was inconsistent this year, not a top 17 player, but would keep him in the squad

McCarthy- Why was this guy signed up in the first place, clearly out of his depth

McCrone-Top 25 maybe, but should not be retained ahead of any up and coming junior

Milne-Once his fitness reaches an appropriate level he will be a beast

Flo- Thanks for the memories Flo, a Club Champion we will miss you

Packer- Had a good season given his circumstances, looking forward to seeing him in 2017

Quinlan-A fringe squad member, hard to understand why he was signed

Rein- Good bye Mitch

Sims- A breath of fresh air, I am sure he will be more consistent after a full pre-season

Thompson-A top 17 player

Widdop-A ball runner who was expected to be a play maker, Mary, give yourself an upper cut

Host-Must be retained and play in top 17

Leilua-Must be retained and play in in top 17

Dufty-Must blood in Cutters next year, could be the x factor we are missing

Sele-Must blood in Cutters for full season

Herbert-Complete package,must fast track, did anyone see the 40 metre field goal he kicked against the Roosters !

Field-Would like to see this kid included in FG pre-season training, electric acceleration

Robson- Would like to see this kid included in FG pre-season training, he has footy smarts

mbk78

Juniors
I (THINK) I agree with most of your thoughts, Translation. BUT let me say ONE thing: PLEASE, PLEASE read over your comments BEFORE you click the "Post Reply"button. Otherwise, it looks like you're simply a product of the "it sounds rights, it must be right" educational era. I'm sure you're not a part of that group are you? Your intelligent insight would indicate you're not...But please DO correct me if I'm wrong!

How many more clean outs do people want.

They have been doing it since the end of 2011.

By now you must realise players are basically not really interested in joining the club and the answer is simple the Dragons are a spent force.

They have no clear direction and look like they have no pride.

The list of players they have let go who wanted to stay is staggering and it gets longer and longer as the years go on.

The people who really need to go are the faceless men in charge who have cost the club the likes of Morris, Merrin and numerous others who would have probably stayed if they hadn't been f**ked around.

denis preston

First Grade

By now you must realise players are basically not really interested in joining the club and the answer is simple the Dragons are a spent force.

The list of players they have let go who wanted to stay is staggering and it gets longer and longer as the years go on.

The people who really need to go are the faceless men in charge who have cost the club the likes of Morris, Merrin and numerous others who would have probably stayed if they hadn't been f**ked around.

Yes but what has that got to do with this post ?

As many as it takes to build a FG squad that can compete for the title rather than 8th spot

Old Timer

Coach
If we were a dog we couldn't attract flees so after the next clean out, loss of juniors and lack of recruitment say hello NSW Cup and then we get to play against The Cutters you beauty.

Saints forever you must have been living in a cave for the last couple of years.

Now Coastie, unfortunately I have been watching very closely the disintegration of standards at our club.

I am tired of the club signing fringe first graders that provide nothing material toward team performance.

Better to spend the cap on 3 top players and supplement the rest with juniors.

Sometimes I wish I had been living in a cave. I wouldn't have watched the inept admin recruiting decisions that have lead us to this point.

We don't need to maintain mediocre standards.

saintjeff

Juniors
Quinlan, benji, rein ,all gone so far
Tom carr to stay for 2017
Leilua ,millward said its complicated
How hard can it be,millward also said he is confident that he will stay
Millward will look like a goose if Leilua goes

Dragonscales

Juniors
We need a clean out all our depth players and we need to re-sign our promising juniors (obviously).

I think we are close to being a very good team. We just need a new coach, a 7 and 9, and maybe a good prop.

I. Thompson
J. Thompson
Faifai Loa
Farrell
Glymin
Lafai
Lui
Mann
Marketo
McCarthy
McCrone
Matthews
Quinlan
Nona

All Should not be renewed for new contracts, bar a couple depth forwards.

hazzbeen

Bench

Rein - Please go away
Totally agree with all you say , been thinking the same thing . Frizzel Packer Sims Leilua
Marketo - WTF
Glymin = Stanley

Rein - Please go away

Marketo - WTF
Glymin = Stanley

Agree with all of this was thinking the same ........

Quinlan, benji, rein ,all gone so far
Tom carr to stay for 2017
Leilua ,millward said its complicated
How hard can it be,millward also said he is confident that he will stay
Millward will look like a goose if Leilua goes
It can be difficult especially if a young player is being offered things outside of football also.