What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Request Thoughts on these Players

dragon4

Juniors
Can anyone tell me their thoughts on the players below and if you think they can make it as NRL players.....

Jai Field
Paora Kemp
Jack Payne
Reece Robson

or can you suggest others to look out for?

Last edited:

saintjeff

Juniors
Look good
Time will tell
Mat Head is a coach of the future,has a good footy brain,thats a big part why the 20s are going well

Reactions: jak

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Can anyone tell me their thoughts on the players below and if you think they can make it as NRL players.....

Jai Field
Paora Kemp
Jack Payne
Reece Robson

or can you suggest others to look out for?

Reece Robson big chance but needs a full year at nsw cup level first
Jai Field plenty of pace a little small he needs a least another year in under 20's and need to put on 5 to 10 kg so he can handle the big poppers in nrl running at him for 80 mins.
Paora Kemp and jack Payne to early I'm sure both have two more years at U20's level to go. Time will tell.
But they all need good coaching and more match harding imo.
Do you agree Coast i now you now them better than me.
Thanks mate

TruSaint

Referee
Coast where art thou ?

Agree, he has a great knowledge of these players as does the Commissioner.
FWIW, I have a good feel about Jai... But as mentioned above, needs to bulk up. Good talent.

Field has a touch footy back ground. Comes from the strong Shellharbour club the same place as Matty Cooper and Bull Bailey.

He has a good kicking and passing game, super quick on his feet and between the ears and is more than a handy goal kicker but imo will end up the same way as Crook never to see first grade at the Dragons.

Payne is alot like Shannon Crook but a little tougher again don't seem him going past the under 20's at this stage.

Kemp is very under rated always has been and unkucky not to have been a regular in the side but with Dufty, I Thompson, Garrick, Herbert, Johns and Lomax in the mix he may find himself way down the pecking order.

Robson is the one guy who can be anything. Has progressed well in such a hard positon and boy have they missed him when he hasn't played.

Other guys who I think can progress
Herbert this guy has class written all over him
Leatigaga hes one tough dude and is exactly what the Dragons need for the future.
Taufua his transition from centre to backrow has been amazing and again he's one tough sob.
Lawrie is the next guy inline for the front row he is developing nicely.
Jurd has a few errors in his game like Ryles did as a youngster but he certainly has a future.

Outside of those guys the list at the moment looks good,
Matheson Johns
Zac Lomax
Hayden Lomax
Trent Peoples
Tristan Sailor
Steven Marsters
Jackson Willis
Max Bailey
Josh Tua
Luke skidmore
Jason Gillard
Wilson Farrar
Jack Cross.

watatank

Coach
I agree that Robson has the best chance, also the youngest of that group

Can't see Kemp or Payne progressing to NRL.

I think Field has more potential as a fullback rather than the halves.