What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WCPW

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Anyone watch these shows at all?

I watch WhatCulture alot, like...ALOT. Adam Vs Adam is great, Fast Count - fantastic. Simon Millers work is awesome. WTF moments, love those. Blompieds bookings videos are top notch - All really great content.

However, I've not actually seen a WCPW show, and they're getting some bigger names there. Sandow has worked recently there. I believe Cody Rhodes is going there in October. Drew McIntyre as well. One of the lads in the CWC has worked.

Is it worth watching?

Hawkins

Juniors
with all the wrestling available at the moment I don't crave more, I crave better.

I haven't the time to track down Rhodes, Sandow, Drew matches now when I wouldn't watch them in WWE.

Wato

Juniors
Yea I am a big fan of what cultures videos. I have not watched a whole show but I have watched the break outs from some of the more interesting bits. Looking forward to watching Angle and Rhodes and what they do with them, JR and Jim Cournette are calling their next special too.

TheDalek079

Bench
the only thing from their wrestling show i'd try to watch is Joe Hendry's entrances. But their youtube videos in general are pretty good. i like the lists. not too keen on the fantasy booking ones though, they're a bit too smarky

I like there stuff but I haven't watched their WCPW shows. I have heard mixed reviews, some say the shows are great but early on it was a lot of Adam being in over his head as a booker (too much overbooking), which is a shame because the guy has talent based on his fantasy booking.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
the only thing from their wrestling show i'd try to watch is Joe Hendry's entrances. But their youtube videos in general are pretty good. i like the lists. not too keen on the fantasy booking ones though, they're a bit too smarky

In general I'm a fan of his fantasy bookings.
The only one I had a real issue was, was the 'how to book the invasion' angle. He was bringing people in who weren't brought in. IF he could book with what was available, it'd be alot more interesting.

Being to smarky is his deal though, and he plays the role very well.

I'll have to watch the one in October when Rhodes is there, as I quite like Rhodes

TheDalek079

Bench
yeah the invasion one was bizarre. he makes a point that he's playing by the same conditions as 2001, so couldn't bring in any extra talent, but he starts with Hogan Nash and Hall, quickly adds Goldberg, expects Ric Flair to be physically/mentally capable of wrestling then and thinks that Sting would be more than happy to join

Ric Flair, Hogan, Hall & Nash were all with the company by Wrestlemania 18, I don't think that's too unthinkable. Goldberg & Sting may be a little extreme, although Sting's big hesitation was he didn't like how former WCW guys were booked (which may change if the invasion isn't a glorified burial).

To be honest his idea of having Cena turn heel by cheat to break the streak would be amazing (in fact his whole Wrestlemania 30 card would have the potential to rival Wrestlemania 17).

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
His whole gimmick though is booking.
He should be given the talent and told to make a story with them.
Flair, Hogan, Hall and Nash weren't part of that puzzle.

It's the only video (off memory) that he went that kinda way, the rest he always uses the tools available. Damned good stories too #adamforcreative

His whole gimmick though is booking.
He should be given the talent and told to make a story with them.
Flair, Hogan, Hall and Nash weren't part of that puzzle.

It's the only video (off memory) that he went that kinda way, the rest he always uses the tools available. Damned good stories too #adamforcreative

His NWO story brought in Sting and assumed Hall would stay with the company the whole time. Otherwise he tends to stick to what was available.

Adam has rebooked Henry's Hall of Pain run. Personally it might be my favourite of all his rebooked story lines (he even kept the shit booking of Bryan at Mania so it wouldn't kill the Yes movement).

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Turns out the Adams, Ross, Sam Driver and Jack have all left WhatCulture to pursue their own venture..
Things will be interesting...

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Wondering if it's some queer angle to be honest

Considering how many subscribers WhatCulture have lost in just 24 hours, if it is an angle it's terrible.

From what I understand, the boss at WhatCulture is an absolute numpty and it's a terrible place to work for.

Blampied tweeted out a new logo, for what I can only assume will be a new company or channel with the other guys. Afterall, they are the personalities and they made WhatCulture what is is. They can probably run this on their own and keep the profits for themselves.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
last 2 days, WhatCulture have had over 11 thousand people unsubscribe
https://socialblade.com/youtube/c/whatculturewwe

I'd hate to know how many cancelled their WhatCulture Extra subscription.....

I, personally, was never a WCE subscriber but a subscribed to their YouTube channel. I'll give the new faces a decent chance to keep me hooked but going from the StarCade video, they have a long way to improve if I am to stay subscribed.

Considering how many subscribers WhatCulture have lost in just 24 hours, if it is an angle it's terrible.

From what I understand, the boss at WhatCulture is an absolute numpty and it's a terrible place to work for.

Blampied tweeted out a new logo, for what I can only assume will be a new company or channel with the other guys. Afterall, they are the personalities and they made WhatCulture what is is. They can probably run this on their own and keep the profits for themselves.
As long as they don't take Simon

I hate that merkin

last 2 days, WhatCulture have had over 11 thousand people unsubscribe
https://socialblade.com/youtube/c/whatculturewwe

I'd hate to know how many cancelled their WhatCulture Extra subscription.....

I, personally, was never a WCE subscriber but a subscribed to their YouTube channel. I'll give the new faces a decent chance to keep me hooked but going from the StarCade video, they have a long way to improve if I am to stay subscribed.
I watch a good portion but lately with the overSimononisation of the channel I've been happier to see wrestletalk or wrestling with wregret

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
I don't mind Simon - My favorite videos of his are his ones where we talks about learning to become a wrestler - but he is very different than the likes of Adams/Ross/Jack.

The ones who have left have more personality, better banter...generally have more creative work.

I don't think Simon would join up with them though, otherwise he probably would have left when the others did, although I understand he is a freelancer so may have more flexibility.

I like WWW, I think Brian Zane is quite knowledgeable and presents his opinions well. Although some of his scenes (like the ones in his intro) can be a bit OTT, overall he's a good watch.

WrestleTalk is neither here or there for me. I go through periods where I can watch him, others I can't. I find him too clickbaity and the way he talks sometimes irritates me. Not sure why. I find alot of his work is just gathering reports from Wrestling Observer and other sources and doesn't seem.

I think it's legit, as SH has said their numbers are going down so if it was a work surely they'd pull the plug on it. I think it will be something to do with WCPW more so than the YouTube stuff. Either that or a bigger promotion wants to work with them in some capacity (they do have a decent following).

I got to give them props, for some fans that just talked about it and were very critical at times, they had the balls to go on and start their own promotion putting their money where their mouth is.