What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

natheel

Coach
Moeroa is a defensive orientated backrower. Compare him to another young backrower like Cartwright. Cartwright is attack orientated so both these guys have no troubles doing what they're good at but Moeroa eehas his good games in attack and bad games in attack while Cartwright who isn't very strong defensively can struggle in that department. Over time both will balance out.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think Cartwright will always be a lot better in attack but that also means he will always cost a lot more - up to three times as much IMO. We just don't need a player that expensive in Moeroa's position.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade

Gronk

Staff member

hindy111

Post Whore
Cartwright has more potential then most players I have ever seen. But the guy can be a real dimwit and has no respect for the ball at times putting pressure on his team mates and costing them games ( also winning them some)
And in 2-3 years times he will iron most of this out and potentially be one of the best players in the NRL
Tepai has a high ceiling to. Not as high but he can play for NSW. All he needs to do is add some more aggression and an offload. He doesn't get used a whole lot in attacking raids like Manu does. Let him have some time and finish growing.I doubt he is at peak power either.

Last year he played with a bung shoulder. This year he is starting to pump out big numbers.
He made
118mtrs + 31 tackles vs saints
38 + 38 tackles vs broncos
71 + 25 tackles ( 49 Mins)
162 + 32 mtrs vs tigers
147mtrs + 30 tackles vs titans
144 mtrs + 24 tackles vs panthers

Every game prior to that he more often then not was between 60-70 mtrs only cracking 100 mtrs once.
In his last 6 games he cracked it 4/6 times. And with more mins I think its safe to say it would of been 5/6.

Only 1/15 games prior he managed to do so. What does that tell you? He is adjusting to first grade NRL. Starting to punch out some big numbers and decent amount of tackles.
2 years ago he was missing a lot of tackles and important ones. Now he is like a rock in D.
I can see Tepai being a 110mtr+ & 30 + tackles a game guy.

Last edited:

Raudonikis

Juniors
So when are we going to announce the signing of Jackson Hastings?

Im not like others here that know people on the inside at parra..but have just spoken to his uncle and mother(grew up with them) We have tabled him an offer.great news!!! He told him go to parra,his mum wanted him to go home to the gong,but has changed her mind and now wants him to come to parra..Hastings is also a very good dummy half.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Im not like others here that know people on the inside at parra..but have just spoken to his uncle and mother(grew up with them) We have tabled him an offer.great news!!! He told him go to parra,his mum wanted him to go home to the gong,but has changed her mind and now wants him to come to parra..Hastings is also a very good dummy half.
We could do a hell of a lot worse. Like Benji marshall.

Hope this has legs.

Gronk

Staff member

Sounds like BA saying that Gutho will be our 6 next year was a smokey. IIRC Hastings is a GK ?

hindy111

Post Whore
If we landed Hastings with Vae - Brown and perhaps a prop like Mautilino/Mclean with a few back ups in the backline ( G.jennings/Sio) I reckon we have the making of a top 4 side.

Raudonikis

Juniors
Sounds like BA saying that Gutho will be our 6 next year was a smokey. IIRC Hastings is a GK ?

maybe Gutho the other centre? awsome front line defence team with Bevo at the back and good kicking game..cue pou n bartman to shoot me down haha..Just what i was told ten mins ago nothings definate

Gronk

Staff member
maybe Gutho the other centre? awsome front line defence team with Bevo at the back and good kicking game..cue pou n bartman to shoot me down haha..Just what i was told ten mins ago nothings definate

Will be interesting what BA does with Taka then (assuming that Jennings stays with us until 2019).

Is there room on the bench for Taka to come on and run the edge ?

Chipmunk

Coach
So what announcement of signing/resigning can we expect this arvo? Robson, Mannah, Brown, Sio, Ma'u, Hastings?