What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FOX1 - Triple Header (Saturday)

TheRev

First Grade
Its a week away but if you arent going to Kogarah this weekend, they have announced the Cutters will play their first finals game as part of a triple header, all covered on FOX1.

Great finish to the season! Cant wait to see who drops back to NSW Cup, I didnt know they overlapped by a week, it will put a lot of pressure on Saints to let Milne/Host/Leilua drop back the grades, but im not sure who they are going to play in 1st grade instead.. we have to field 17 blokes..

Coverage is:
o 10.30 - 20's v Newcastle
o 12.30 - Cutters v Tigers (Finals Week 1)
o 15:00 - 1st Grade v Newcastle

Any chance a Creagh &/or Mose late call-up?

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Its a week away but if you arent going to Kogarah this weekend, they have announced the Cutters will play their first finals game as part of a triple header, all covered on FOX1.

Great finish to the season! Cant wait to see who drops back to NSW Cup, I didnt know they overlapped by a week, it will put a lot of pressure on Saints to let Milne/Host/Leilua drop back the grades, but im not sure who they are going to play in 1st grade instead.. we have to field 17 blokes..

Coverage is:

Interestingly, we have won all 3 games this year when we've had a triple header.

watatank

Coach

Coverage is:

NSW and QLD Cups start their finals a week early because the two winners play against each other on Grand Final day.

There shouldn't be pressure to have players in NSW Cup or otherwise because first grade comes first but no doubt that McGregor will take that into account and spin that fact in the press conference. Hutchison will go back, Host probably will too. Milne will stay in first grade as long as he's available. Leilua will stay in first grade as long as there's a chance of him re-signing.

Mary asked lui to have an op before the season has ended ruling him out from the Cutters finals campaign and will probably get rid of him anyway.

Havili also injured but maybe available in a week or two but also is a chance of getting the punt.

Hutchison will drop back to accomidate Marshall in the last game which is an utter joke Marshall should just f**k off right now the club owes him sfa.

I can see Milne, Host and Mann who could play for the Cutters be asked not to be Mary just to piss JD off.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Mary asked lui to have an op before the season has ended ruling him out from the Cutters finals campaign and will probably get rid of him anyway.

Havili also injured but maybe available in a week or two but also is a chance of getting the punt.

Hutchison will drop back to accomidate Marshall in the last game which is an utter joke Marshall should just f**k off right now the club owes him sfa.

I can see Milne, Host and Mann who could play for the Cutters be asked not to be Mary just to piss JD off.

It should be the players choice to be honest. Just like Dufty this week, when he was aksed where he wanted to pay and he chose the U'20s and the qualification rules need to be carefully looked at.
If Milne, Mann or anyone else has qualified for the Cutters give them the choice of where they want to play.
To keep saying first grade comes first, indirectly endorses McGregor as coach. A few wins in the final 2 games may convince the board to extent his contract.
There's a time for being pompous and a time for being smart. The Cutters are our feeder club, the same as the Wyong Roos are the Roosters and Newtown are the Sharks. They are still apart of the clubs they represent. I'm sure the Wyong Roos and Warriors teams for their knockout semis will include as many qualified players as possible. A premiership is a premiership, no matter who it is and if our Cutters players can bring one home well I for one, will be cheering.
Let's face it. first grade are a long way off even dreaming of not only another premiership but also even making the finals.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
No Club should keep a coach with a 40%
success rate and who fails to put a competitive side on the field. The Cutters are second and the Under 20's are in the Top 4.
Surely our Board can see the facts and act accordingly.

TheRev

First Grade
It should be the players choice to be honest.
Yes this was my thought too.. Dufty was the example.. but thats not quite the same as giving up a 1st grade position... there could be some pressure from Mary also.. if Milne drops back it would be a real mess for first grade, every time you think of someone to replace him, its someone youd want to stay in the cutters..

Anyway its just 1 game.. and Cutters wont be in sudden death either which helps..

watatank

Coach
when I said first grade comes first I didn't mean they get the best team and everyone else gets the rest. I meant that we should still consider first grade when we make decisions like this. We still need to field a team after all and our players are signed to the nrl club and not here to help the cutters win. Players in the lower grades also deserve a chance to play especially if they have been there all year. Certainly preferable to a surprise call up to nrl only never to be seen again

I just think there should be a commonsense approach. For example to me milne is a first grader now he should still play nrl and then he can return to the cutters the week after. Same with Mann although I think he will be ineligible anyway. of course dufty should play 20s he has been there all season. Hutch deserves the chance to lead the cutters considering he has been there all year. Players like host and sele should get the choice. Leilua like I said should be playing first grade as long as there a chance he stays, then go back to wherever.

Last edited:

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Yes this was my thought too.. Dufty was the example.. but thats not quite the same as giving up a 1st grade position... there could be some pressure from Mary also.. if Milne drops back it would be a real mess for first grade, every time you think of someone to replace him, its someone youd want to stay in the cutters..

Anyway its just 1 game.. and Cutters wont be in sudden death either which helps..

It's certainly a dilemma. Milne isn't playing tonight's game and has been replaced by the tinman. If Milne plays for the Cutters on Saturday then tinman will just slot in. In fact Lafai doesn't qualify for the Cutters finals team in any case he hasn't played enough games for them. Only Hutch, Milne and I think Mann qualify (not sure about him though) for the Cutters finals team. So we already know Benji will replace Hutch, Milne can be replaced by Lafai and Mann by (? I'm thinking giving Dufty a go on the wing against the Knights).

If the Cutters win they are 1 game from the Grand Final and get a weeks rest, so it is important to them to have their best team on the park this Saturday.

But it comes down to were the player wants to play and wether McGregor wants to be an #$%$ hole,

Old Timer

Coach
No Club should keep a coach with a 40%
success rate and who fails to put a competitive side on the field. The Cutters are second and the Under 20's are in the Top 4.
Surely our Board can see the facts and act accordingly.
They will do exactly that.
Sack Head and JD fancy those bastards showing up our genius of a first grade coach.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
They will do exactly that.
Sack Head and JD fancy those bastards showing up our genius of a first grade coach.

Sadly I think jd will be stabbed in the back.
I hope I'm wrong but he will be Mary's scapegoat.
Mary see him as a threat.
Hell blam him as he was the attacking coach.

Reserve grade is reserve grade. The best team should play first grade. If the Cutters are playing Real Madrid at the Bernabeu for the right of each player to live as a God for eternity and the first grade squad are playing Arncliffe Scots for a case of beer. Not even an issue to be discussed.

TheRev

First Grade
Injuries too Frizz and Sims tonight are devastating for this Saturday.. honestly I dont know how we are going to field 3 forward packs... I pray Creagh can play and Friz's injury can handle 1 more game..

TheRev

First Grade
Reminder.. 10.30am and all day from there, if your not at ground, set the IQ Box!

TheRev

First Grade
What a pass from Dufty.

Thats what a passing fullback can do.
What I loved about it, was it was soft-as-a-pillow.. the risk wasnt there like the usual bullet/hospital passes they get close to the line.

Looks like we have overcome initial nerves (I suspect with finals looming), hopefully we can go on with the 2nd half.