What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Judiciary /match review

saintjeff

Juniors
Inconsistent pricks
Friz got 1Week ,not one player charged since
,Many have
come in contact with refs
Klemmer allegedly throws bottle gets off ,burgess gets 2weeks
Wighton gets 3games , ennis snd graham get none, they said he had prior incidents,but so did josh reynolds and he gets off
Its an absolute friggin joke
Nrl is a basket case

Mr Red

First Grade
The NRL are pathetic and make rules based on knee jerk reaction rather than any logical thought.
Greenberg is purely wanting to build his own personal highlight reel rather than do anything good long term for the game.
The inconsistencies you see in regards to the shoulder charge rule are EXACTLY what was bound to happen when you try and outlaw players ability to lead with their shoulder which goes against everything you're taught as a youngster learning how to tackle.

To suggest players now must "jumper grab" and ensure their arms are wrapped around a player as initial tackling movement in conjunction with shoulder contact goes against everything your taught as a kid, and also encourages more of the wrestle and grapple..which is a greater blight on the game than a tackle where the shoulder makes first contact..

just my thoughts..

Gareth67

First Grade
I have said this on a previous occasion , however . . . . the current Judiciary panel of ex - league players needs to be replaced as quickly as possible by qualified men who care about the Game , men who will not be swayed by the NRL on their decision making .
The points system of charges also needs to be scrap and replaced with one where there are set penalties for each charge , becoming greater with the severity of the offence .

The players to front the Judiciary without the aid of silky solicitors ( no offence to any of our forum members who happen to in that fraternity ) and to be accompanied by a representative of the Club , not the coach .

It annoys the hell out of me when you see players get off ' scot-free ' after committing an offence which at times seems like a blight upon the game , yet they do so , time and time again .
We all know that the NRL acts only what is in their best interests , and not for the game in general .
They need to allow the Judiciary to act upon their own , with only the occasional guiding hand .

stg666

Juniors
and what about hodkinson touching ref in our game . zilch , nada , nothing , zero , and f**k all , yet frizz ........the average joe needs to run the show . much fairer .

rasaint

Juniors
My comment is from a sensible dispassionate perspective I hope, given my Dragons are out of the finals.

Both Mick Ennis and Jack Whitean shoulder charged. Jack's looked a little bit worse but Mick's was a very late. Both tackles floored the opposition player. Either cite both or let them both off.

Here is my point. The committee led by that Buettener bloke seem to be going to minute nuances linked to some personal agenda or belief system to differentiate how players committing the same offence should be judged. Tyson Frizzell was one of a plethora of innocuous touches of a referee which continues to this day as somehow being a slight nuance different to the other 15 or 20 touches. Now it's my belief the word has been quietly communicated to the Judiciary 'leave this alone it is a curse to us now'.

I hope Jack Whiteon gets off. I think he will otherwise the rest of the finals will be tainted by perceptions and questioning of Judiciary bias to achieve a person agenda. That would be a shame for the game.

dannyt

Coach
My comment is from a sensible dispassionate perspective I hope, given my Dragons are out of the finals.

Both Mick Ennis and Jack Whitean shoulder charged. Jack's looked a little bit worse but Mick's was a very late. Both tackles floored the opposition player. Either cite both or let them both off.

Here is my point. The committee led by that Buettener bloke seem to be going to minute nuances linked to some personal agenda or belief system to differentiate how players committing the same offence should be judged. Tyson Frizzell was one of a plethora of innocuous touches of a referee which continues to this day as somehow being a slight nuance different to the other 15 or 20 touches. Now it's my belief the word has been quietly communicated to the Judiciary 'leave this alone it is a curse to us now'.

I hope Jack Whiteon gets off. I think he will otherwise the rest of the finals will be tainted by perceptions and questioning of Judiciary bias to achieve a person agenda. That would be a shame for the game.
The NRL deserves this river of shit they are floundering in.

They did it to themselves.

Gareth67

First Grade
The NRL deserves this river of shit they are floundering in.

They did it to themselves.

They , the NRL , seem to have lost their way when looking at what are serious offences ,
both on and off the field . We know that the Judiciary are responsible for setting the penalties for the on-field indiscretions , however there have been a number of occasions where the NRL itself have appeared to swayed the Judiciary to be more lenient to the offender . Quite similar to the manner in which everyones favourite footballer , Cameron Smith , explains the rules of the game to the Referees .

Usually around semi-final time is when the real thugs of the game will get off with a stern note from the members of the panel , who were themselves some ' real tough cookie ' so to speak , In their time .

Kasiano , Pritchard from last years final series and recently Kasiano and Mr James from
the last few matches . It appears that good ole Des must have been spiking their half-time cool-aids , as they both seem to be kicking like Mules ! Players like Jack Wighton and our very own Tyson Fittzell are good clean players , yet they have been painted as a pair of mongrels .

And Mr Fifita , well what can you say about that gentleman? If there was ever a bloke to bring the game into disrepute , it would be him . Did he ever apologise to that young Referee ? Get rid of him now , before he does anymore damage to this game that we all love .

The NRL must be held accountable for this fools actions , the longer that he is allowed to take the field , the worst the situation will become . The current NRL board remind me of
another Leagues club board that is struggling to make the correct decisions , the quicker that it is replaced , the better the game will be .

SBD82

Coach
Wighton exonerated.

Thank god. The day that tackles like his are punished in league, would be a sad day for our sport.

Old Timer

Coach
Did anyone see the head butt by Parker in the scrum at 57:24 on the clock in tonights game?
Will the judiciary even look at it?
Talk about grubby football.

getsmarty

Immortal
ravalawam_1nh_0717.jpg

JUDICIARY

Ravalawa charged by Match Review Committee
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Mon 15 Apr 2019, 02:03 PM

St George Illawarra winger Mikaele Ravalawa has been charged with a grade one dangerous throw following the Dragons' 40-4 win over the Bulldogs.

Ravalawa will be dealt 75 demerit points with an early guilty plea, but risks missing the Dragons' Round 6 clash against the Sea Eagles if he were to fight it and lose.

The Dragons have until Tuesday to make a decision on Ravalawa's plea.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2019/04/15/ravalawa-charged-by-match-review-committee/

RufusRex

Post Whore
they said it was in the 10th minute ...
We had the ball from about the 9th to the 12th minute ... I dont know what he did.

Latest posts