What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesRustle

First Grade
Maybe you're right that nothing can be done in the short term but this does not change the fact it is wrong and should be changed and the sooner the better.

Thereare only a few deluded ones on here who can't see that it is wrong.

One of the biggest problems with the game at the moment is the inconsistencies across the nrl and this is yet another example of such.

A properly run competition should be equitable for all teams and players across all aspects of the competition. Without this the integrity of competition in comprimised.

I know this is just never going to happen but we can always dream of a fair competition for all teams.
Why would the NRL be any different to life in general? There's no utopia where everyone is equal, happy, etc.

Having said that, the NRL could add a bit of common sense and consistency to a few areas. Big finals games will be played at big stadiums. I'd prefer they fix rules/interpretations, shared tv slots, disclose player payments, initiatives to grow crowds and new teams (not Perth) and improve written media content.

Stephen Durrant

Juniors
Why would the NRL be any different to life in general? There's no utopia where everyone is equal, happy, etc.

Having said that, the NRL could add a bit of common sense and consistency to a few areas. Big finals games will be played at big stadiums. I'd prefer they fix rules/interpretations, shared tv slots, disclose player payments, initiatives to grow crowds and new teams (not Perth) and improve written media content.

Big stadiums don't guarantee big crowds. I know it's not realistic to expect a completely fair system when it is all about how money can be made. Unrealistic or not it should always be the goal to have a competition as equatable as possible. Which in this situation it is not for those 3 teams out of the 16.

Stephen Durrant

Juniors
Geez how about you Raiders folk worry about earning that home prelim this weekend before worrying about the injustice of it all.

No disrespect to the Sharks intended the Raiders still have a tough game ahead of them before this issue becomes reality. However the Raiders have not been in this situation for so long that I was unaware of such an unjust ruling disadvantaging just three clubs in week 3.

Game_Breaker

Coach
So if Raiders lose, they get to play either Bulldogs or Panthers in Sydney in week 2?

If it's the Bulldogs I hope it's at ANZ, just to make it a little closer to Canberra

Raiderdave

First Grade
Awww borrowing skeepe's dictionary! Cute.

And you'll have a field day hey? Watch how many f**ks I'll give lol

Weeks 2 and 3 are Friday-Saturday nights.

"For arguments sake" is moot and kind of negates the rest. Given the other prelim in that scenario would be in Melbourne, that game would almost certainly be played Friday night, allowing an interstate clash to be on a Saturday and attract a much higher crowd.

Even then - the moment the crowd clicks past 27k (which it surely would), the NRL's decision (given its their match to do with what it likes) is justified.

lol
just lol

it clicks past 27K & its justified is it
with 18K empty seats & probably 5K given away to pad it

meanwhile it would have sold out in 2 days with 30K at GIO with temporary seating installed

but yeah
its justified
FFS
what a farce

Raiderdave

First Grade
Given prelims drawing below 30k is relatively uncommon (Storm @ AAMI Park aside), I can't see that would be the case.

And besides, it's not defending the indefensible, the NRL are free to make the decision where they play their games during the finals, in the same way clubs are able to decide where their matches are played during the regular season.
and we're free to let them know their decision is borderline lunacy

forby

Juniors
Ahhhh yeah

No its not ....
So Geelong isn't a city? Is Goulburn part of Canberra?
Is Gold Coast a Brisbane suburb?
Penrith is as much a regional centre as Canberra is, but without the government funded ground that lets you have a home final! Without Bruce Stadium you would still be at Seiffert and would be playing your home final at ANZ!

forby

Juniors
No it isn't! Penrith is a City in its own right. It's catchment area includes Hawkesbury, Wollondilly and Blue Mountains Council areas none of which are in Sydney.
Besides this is a pointless argument! You can't argue against your idiocy and myopic vision. Anybody that disagrees with you is an idiot, confused or wrong (in your eyes that is!).

So now that Canberra is a sell out, real consideration must be given to those keen fans who wanted to go but have been cruelly locked out. Clearly goes to show that GIO Stadium is not an appropriate finals venue and all future Raiders finals home games should be at ANZ or Allianz.

Raiders4eva

Juniors
No it isn't! Penrith is a City in its own right. It's catchment area includes Hawkesbury, Wollondilly and Blue Mountains Council areas none of which are in Sydney.
Besides this is a pointless argument! You can't argue against your idiocy and myopic vision. Anybody that disagrees with you is an idiot, confused or wrong (in your eyes that is!).

There's about 50 councils in Sydney you drop kick
Is Sydney 50 different regions lol

Raiders4eva

Juniors
So now that Canberra is a sell out, real consideration must be given to those keen fans who wanted to go but have been cruelly locked out. Clearly goes to show that GIO Stadium is not an appropriate finals venue and all future Raiders finals home games should be at ANZ or Allianz.
Yeah
I'm sure the 5 sharks fans who missed out would have loved to have joined the 5 who who bought tickets : )

Diesel

Referee
With the NRL "supposedly" taking over the schedule from next year, does anyone know if that means we can have Sunday arvo finals again in weeks 2 & 3 or does TV dictate the NRL's scheduling powers is in name only?

Walt Flanigan

Referee
With the NRL "supposedly" taking over the schedule from next year, does anyone know if that means we can have Sunday arvo finals again in weeks 2 & 3 or does TV dictate the NRL's scheduling powers is in name only?

I would love to see day finals again but unfortunately I think TV ratings rule all.

I would love to see day finals again but unfortunately I think TV ratings rule all.

Also by having the week 2 and week 3 finals on Friday and Saturday, it ensures both teams which make the Grand Final get at least a 7 day break from their GF Qualifier until the Grand Final.

Status
Not open for further replies.