What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Signing news

Old Timer

Coach
Smith would have challenged Bugden for half-back but you would have to move Langlands to centre and replace him at fullback with Graham.
Didn't see Bugden myself but dad said he was very very good.
The beauty of the side was the depth and versatility within the actual 13 picked to play.
Smith half and centre, Langlands FB, Centre wing, Pollard Centre 5/8, Monty Porter Prop and 2nd row, Evans half and 5/8 so an injury was not so devastating and could be covered.
Back then we had 2 five eights as well but it was a lock instead of the half which worked incredibly well.
I think Pollard was under rated and would have held a starting centre spot in every other side in the comp.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Graeme O'Grady played for us from 1983-85. He was a great player who also came from Newtown prior to playing for Wests. He was a great allrounder who played five- eighth and lock and had a similar nuggety build to Clay.
We just lost that 1985 Grand Final to the Dogs 7-6 largely
due to the brilliance of Steve Mortimer and his kicking game.

Old Timer

Coach
Graeme O'Grady played for us from 1983-85. He was a great player who also came from Newtown prior to playing for Wests. He was a great allrounder who played five- eighth and lock and had a similar nuggety build to Clay.
We just lost that 1985 Grand Final to the Dogs 7-6 largely
due to the brilliance of Steve Mortimer and his kicking game.
If not mistaken a dubious penalty against Graeme Wynn turned the tide to the Dogs.
Mortimer's cover defence was nothing short of brilliant that day and Slippery's wasn't half bad either as he actually played wing then.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
I met the sister of Bruce Pollard playing tennis. He suddenly left the Dragons and went to Papua New Guinea. I also met a guy
called Don who played lower grades for the Dragons and he said that Ted Goodwin reminded him a lot of Reg Gasnier with his pace and swerve.

Sigurd

Juniors
Dude, seriously, take ur shit elsewhere!!
You hijack and f#ck up every thread.
No one gives a flying f@ck about ur little kids attitude with going at it with bennyV.
Sort ur shit out in pm's and stop f@cking up every thread.
Dear Doc:

I was highly distressed to read your deeply perturbed message of 9/9. You feel you have the most legitimate grounds for dissatisfaction and even indignation, but I assure you that you are wrong in seeking the causes of it.

First, you are wrong in saying (repeatedly) that “You F@ck up every thread”. This could have been written only in a state of great nervous irritation and overwork. Old Tmer f@cked up far more threads as you must know from the discussion. I cannot say how many times I have been stuck on one thread on organisational and personal matters. You must have seen this for yourself on many occasions.

You should not allow yourself to be so nervous as to write such an absolutely impossible, absolutely impossible thing that I f@ck up every thread. This is overwork.

Second, while I do feel great dissatisfaction with you and mistrust of you, so does BennyV, as far as I know him, have spoken to him and seen his attitude towards you.

What then is the explanation of the matter? It is that you have been tossed about by fate. I have seen this happen to many frustrated Dragons supporters. Take BrissyRedV, as an example. You must know that he swore the sun shined out of Gareth Widdop's you-know-where. But said deity did not allow him, a single time in three years, to be happy and optimistic about the Dragons.

You, like rather many other whining pansies, have been tossed about by fate. You are one of our most annoying supporters. Our forum has been working on and off. In the intervals, you have been “tried out”, but were deemed too much a whining pansy. It is the fault (the misfortune?) of the whole Dragons supporter group, which has tossed about many people in this way. If you give this some cool thought, you will see that this is true.

Failure to be makethe fianls? Ask anyone, goggles, for instance, how often Gareth Widdop has left us feeling angry and frustrated! This has happened many times! We were forced to make maximum renewals for considerations of this imposter.

My personal opinion, which is quite frank, is: (1) you must have a good rest. It is harmful to fray oneself. We are badly in need of experienced, veteran, tested supporters. Have a good rest. Perhaps, you will decide that it is better to go to a sanatorium, in Western Sydney. It is bad over here. Your health must be completely restored. (2) You have been and remain one of our most annoying supporters. Take Canberra? Melbourne? Can we do without you? Gold Coast? I’m afraid we cannot. I think we cannot.

Have a rest. Then come back to the forum, we shall have a talk.

With best wishes

Last edited:

The Doc

Juniors
Dear Doc:

I was highly distressed to read your deeply perturbed message of 9/9. You feel you have the most legitimate grounds for dissatisfaction and even indignation, but I assure you that you are wrong in seeking the causes of it.

First, you are wrong in saying (repeatedly) that “You F@ck up every thread”. This could have been written only in a state of great nervous irritation and overwork. Old Tmer f@cked up far more threads as you must know from the discussion. I cannot say how many times I have been stuck on one thread on organisational and personal matters. You must have seen this for yourself on many occasions.

You should not allow yourself to be so nervous as to write such an absolutely impossible, absolutely impossible thing that I f@ck up every thread. This is overwork.

Second, while I do feel great dissatisfaction with you and mistrust of you, so does BennyV, as far as I know him, have spoken to him and seen his attitude towards you.

What then is the explanation of the matter? It is that you have been tossed about by fate. I have seen this happen to many frustrated Dragons supporters. Take BrissyRedV, as an example. You must know that he swore the sun shined out of Gareth Widdop's you-know-where. But said deity did not allow him, a single time in three years, to be happy and optimistic about the Dragons.

You, like rather many other whining pansies, have been tossed about by fate. You are one of our most annoying supporters. Our forum has been working on and off. In the intervals, you have been “tried out”, but were deemed too much a whining pansy. It is the fault (the misfortune?) of the whole Dragons supporter group, which has tossed about many people in this way. If you give this some cool thought, you will see that this is true.

Failure to be makethe fianls? Ask anyone, goggles, for instance, how often Gareth Widdop has left us feeling angry and frustrated! This has happened many times! We were forced to make maximum renewals for considerations of this imposter.

My personal opinion, which is quite frank, is: (1) you must have a good rest. It is harmful to fray oneself. We are badly in need of experienced, veteran, tested supporters. Have a good rest. Perhaps, you will decide that it is better to go to a sanatorium, in Western Sydney. It is bad over here. Your health must be completely restored. (2) You have been and remain one of our most annoying supporters. Take Canberra? Melbourne? Can we do without you? Gold Coast? I’m afraid we cannot. I think we cannot.

With best wishes
Heres a little life lesson 101:
We understood your hatred of widdop the first time you mentioned it (back in your vas days)
We understood your hatred of widdop the 2nd time u mentioned it.
There is no need to continuously bang on and on.
There are 17 players out there each week.
Just stating again, nice and slow for you to understand, we, as in all of us, get and understand you dont like widdop.
We got it long ago, so please stop banging that drum.
You try type an essay, to try come across as smart or something, good for you, really, good for you.
But a smart man would realise that he can state his opinion and expect others will have different views and opinions.
A moron bangs on and on like a parrot with the same old boring shit.
The thread had people having a nice chat about good old days, then BAM, in you come with your usual dribble of shit.
You can reply to this all you like, ill leave it at that and not side track this thread any more then you have already.
Just understand, we really dont care about ur hatred of widdop, or your pathetic attempts at luring bennyV into your bullshit childish tit for tat.
No go have your warm milk and cookies and grow up, get tucked into bed, and tomorow you will be one day older.

Sigurd

Juniors
Heres a little life lesson 101:
We understood your hatred of widdop the first time you mentioned it (back in your vas days)
We understood your hatred of widdop the 2nd time u mentioned it.
There is no need to continuously bang on and on.
There are 17 players out there each week.
Just stating again, nice and slow for you to understand, we, as in all of us, get and understand you dont like widdop.
We got it long ago, so please stop banging that drum.
You try type an essay, to try come across as smart or something, good for you, really, good for you.
But a smart man would realise that he can state his opinion and expect others will have different views and opinions.
A moron bangs on and on like a parrot with the same old boring shit.
The thread had people having a nice chat about good old days, then BAM, in you come with your usual dribble of shit.
You can reply to this all you like, ill leave it at that and not side track this thread any more then you have already.
Just understand, we really dont care about ur hatred of widdop, or your pathetic attempts at luring bennyV into your bullshit childish tit for tat.
No go have your warm milk and cookies and grow up, get tucked into bed, and tomorow you will be one day older.

Now look you whining f**k! I tried the softly softly approach but rather than accept my olive branch you decided to push on. I don't give a f**k what you do or don't like. Because you needlessly added "101" in your first sentence it confirms to me how you are very uncomfortable with your education and/or intellectual capacity. This explains all your meaningless babble about "smart man", "moron", "bangs on", "childish" and etc.

Now I may not be able to match your tremendous intellectual capacity but I am smart enough to know how to put someone on an "ignore list". If you don't like my messages (almost exclusively confined to one thread at a time), put me on your ignore list or STFU! That simple! And BTW I have no f**king idea who "vas" is.

Dear Doc:

With best wishes

When trying to sound smart, one must always make sure that they understand the correct application of the words they are using.

A message cannot be perturbed you silly sausage.

BrissyRedV

Bench
And BTW I have no f**king idea who "vas" is.

Well you do, because you slipped up in your last post mentioning my name with this current post being the first time I have engaged with your current username on this forum. Now Vas, please stop derailing threads. The offseason is going to be long enough as it is without you derailing each and every thread with the exact same rhetoric.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Doust has done a deal. With Rein and Ayoub
both leaving he has done a package deal where McInnes will be hooker and Assistant
Physiotherapist as he is studying physiotherapy. This will allow the Dragons to give Mary a salary increase which is well
overdue!

monsterkev

Juniors
does anyone actually have any new signings or sacking information
things are a little quiet some of the other threads are now going way off topic and seeing some arguing between
forum members some of it is over stupid shit

The Doc

Juniors
Whats the status with the Mcinnes signing?
Last i heard souths were keeping him yet in here it seems to be most think he is a done deal?

Latest posts