What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Juniors

Bazal

Post Whore
The boy has faults.not half of most he plays with.no vicariously,just proud and hopeful.whst do you do in life bazza my man?

What I do in life is irrelevant to the discussion, tbh. I keep fit, still play sport, try and enjoy myself day to day, work as little as I can afford to. What else matters?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
From today's game the following players are eligible to play NYC again next year:

Eels

14. Doolan
3. Afualo (doesn't actually turn 20 until 2019)
6. Matterson
7. Dargan
9. Tonise
17. Challenor
18. Mahoney (like Afualo, he is still eligible for under 20s in 2019)

Note this includes the fullback, both halves and both hookers. Centre Dane Aukafolau was top 17 (but injured) and he is eligible to play NYC again next year as well.

Tigers
3. Mata'afa
4. Tali
7. Roberts
15. Giles
10. Paseka
14. Peck
18. Sauni

Ray Stone is normally top 17 for this mob and he is eligible for NYC again next year, and is rumoured to have signed with us.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Needed a laugh, this thread delivered the last few pages. Cheers guys.

BundyAl.jpg

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
Some of our coaching staff didn't have any positive things to say about Tyrell during our NYC game V the Dragons.

I hope he goes well at the Bunnies. Good luck to him.

T.S Quint

Coach
This thread has certainly become entertaining.

Gotta love a hero coming in to talk up how great he is.
Newsflash Scoopdog - nobody gives a shit.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'll be honest with you, I thought French signed a month or 2 before Nolan left... There are reasons why I remember this and I don't need to go into it but I think you'll find that Field was instructed bu Nolan to sign him...

Anyway all academic ...

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I'll be honest with you, I thought French signed a month or 2 before Nolan left... There are reasons why I remember this and I don't need to go into it but I think you'll find that Field was instructed bu Nolan to sign him...

Anyway all academic ...

From Anthony himself. He saw him at a school carnival in Coonabarabran and wanted to sign him on the spot.

So yes Bevan was signed whilst Nolan was in charge but it was Field that scouted him.

Delboy

First Grade

Anyway all academic ...

Ummmm, not quite hat I was told, but in the end, Fieldsy signed him by driving to his home and getting the whole family onside. Don't think Nolan touched base with the French family

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Ummmm, not quite hat I was told, but in the end, Fieldsy signed him by driving to his home and getting the whole family onside. Don't think Nolan touched base with the French family

Hey mate it's the Rouse Hill Rhinos you're involved with isn't it? I saw the 14's Grand Final they were in against the Cookas on Saturday. Some good players I was most impressed with #11 Oscar and #8 Peter who I believe won man of the match.

And of course Jakob was one of the smaller players in the game but involved himself in nearly everything. He appears to have the competitiveness and intensity of his dad.

Delboy

First Grade
Hey mate it's the Rouse Hill Rhinos you're involved with isn't it? I saw the 14's Grand Final they were in against the Cookas on Saturday. Some good players I was most impressed with #11 Oscar and #8 Peter who I believe won man of the match.

And of course Jakob was one of the smaller players in the game but involved himself in nearly everything. He appears to have the competitiveness and intensity of his dad.

No longer involved, moved back to Hill Bulls as a spectator these days

Jake is a smart half and plays above his size, Oscar has always been a threat and if he has stepped up his work rate , then is very dangerous. Maybe they are both learning from being on the ball so to speak at home games :)

Would like other peoples opinions. Last night Nsw rugby league named the players of the year in there respective competitions. U16s Nsw Harold Matthews Cup player of the year was named from 3rd - 4th placed Penrith Panthers (Lindsy Smith)
The last 2 years at least the teams that have won the Harold Matthews cup and National final have had players named players of the year.
2015 Cronulla Sharks ( Fine Kula)
2014 Newcastle Knights (Tom Starling)
2016 sean O'sullivan from SG ball Penrith Panthers was named player of the year after Panthers won both the SG Ball and National final in the u18s, So why didn't that follow suit in the u16s
So I'm a little flabbergasted that a Parramatta Matts player wasn't named player of the year, I think Parramatta should feel a little hard done bye. Players like, Norah - Kei - Schneider - Doorey - Leo' toa - Duggan were players I thought should of been in contention.

Forty20

First Grade
Swept through the entire season and national championship undefeated...the disrespect to that effort certainly leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

Not worth wasting too much time on it though. I'm just happy we have a good crop of kids with a wide array of talents pushing through into SG Ball.