What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Easts Amateur Juniors who played NRL.

Does anyone know players who played for Easts junior amateur clubs before joining the NRL?

Here is my list:

Bryan Fletcher (Paddington Colts)
Luke Ricketson (Bondi United)
Tom Symonds (Bondi United)
Blake Ayshford (Paddington-Woollahra Tigers)

This is a pathetically small number.

H.H

Juniors
Talking 'NRL only - Ie, 1998 on. Others off the top of my head:

Anthony Cherrington (Paddo Tigers)
Ian Rubin (Bondi United)
Craig Field (Paddo Colts)
Jim Dymock (Paddo Colts)
Ryan Cross (Clovelly Crocodiles and St Charles)
Aaron Gray (Clovelly Crocodiles)

Another to watch this year is Taane Milne who is with the Dragons. Will most likely play FG at some stage.

Last edited:

rooster25

Juniors
Ryan Cross
Jim Dymock
Craig Field
Anthony Cherrington
Tom Symonds
Aaron Gray
Ian Rubin
Blake Ayshford
Luke Ricketson
Bryan Fletcher
SKD
Sandor Earl

Also as HH mentioned there are some good juniors that are coming through for the Roosters and other clubs such as Milne

H.H

Juniors
Colin Ward (Nelson Hotel) is another I thought of.

Also, and I've never been able to actually confirm this, but I believe Cooper Cronk played his very early footy at Bondi United. His dad is in their team of the century and I think Cooper played there when very young before moving to QLD.

H.H

Juniors
So Milne has now cracked the top grade for the Dragons so he can be added to the list. Lam junior (Clovelly Crocodiles) is another on the way through. Just represented Australian schoolboys and looks a good prospect.

In other good news for Rooster juniors, Paddington Colts just won their GF v Bankstown Sports in the under 15 Sydney Combined competition (1st division), going through the season undefeated. Great result for the club, who's 14B's also won their comp in the Cronulla juniors.

Their 13's and 17's also made the finals so great result for the club in their first year back.

Bondi United defend their A Reserve title tomorrow. So our juniors do ok despite having to punch well above their weight.

kbw

Bench
Its a pity all those players in the paddo GF winning teams were poached and not developed.

But a big well done to Bondi Utd A reserve grade. A good mix of youth and experience

H.H

Juniors
I'm pretty sure the 14's came mostly from the Clovelly club, so still Easts juniors? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Where did the players from the 15's come from?

kbw

Bench
14s half were from Clovelly and they played in the Cronulla comp
15s came from Balmain district, some of those were trophy hunters originally from Wombats. Others from all over the place.
The U13s were a team pinched from Lane cove

kbw

Bench
None what juniors.

Lets have a look at St George juniors. The fastest dying junior league in the state.
Apart from Kingsgrove and Penshurst the rest are dwindling and Penshurst are the joke of the league for ever playing in div 2 competitions to keep winning meanling premierships.

BTW the Roosters put in $100s of 1000s of dollars to support their juniors, paying the insurance the jerseys the playing fees, the courses the developement teams etc etc etc. St George put in $0 to their junior league. What a bunch of champions., they don't even do anything to support their U13,14,15s development sides

RedVDragon

Juniors
Lets have a look at St George juniors. The fastest dying junior league in the state.
Apart from Kingsgrove and Penshurst the rest are dwindling and Penshurst are the joke of the league for ever playing in div 2 competitions to keep winning meanling premierships.

BTW the Roosters put in $100s of 1000s of dollars to support their juniors, paying the insurance the jerseys the playing fees, the courses the developement teams etc etc etc. St George put in $0 to their junior league. What a bunch of champions., they don't even do anything to support their U13,14,15s development sides
Typical deluded. Hiding behind uncle nick fat wallet. When it drys out then what fold you will. Enjoy the bottom two again expensive losers.

H.H

Juniors
14s half were from Clovelly and they played in the Cronulla comp
15s came from Balmain district, some of those were trophy hunters originally from Wombats. Others from all over the place.
The U13s were a team pinched from Lane cove
Ok fair enough. Hopefully the club and our juniors as a whole can continue to build. Your other point about how we support our juniors rings true.

I hear there is bit of a kerfuffle with souffs juniors at the moment with them threatening to not allow our kids to play in their comp next year. Not exactly sure what it's about but seems a petty thing to do. Doesn't help anyone.

BillyBigDusters

Juniors

The poosters put in F all, thats been the problem for years, you've done nothing but rape & pillage every junior system in the country for years, you'd better find another recruitment guru, seems the one you had found a bit of bother

kbw

Bench
Oh great another $ouff$ tosser and this one is even more ignorant than they normally are.
The Roosters have quite a substantial budget that is spent on their local juniors every year, yes a lot of that goes to Souths Juniors but it makes sense to play there especially considering the wonderful job they do.
Now $ouff$ seniors are an absolute crock that don't put a cent into the juniors infact Souths Juniors have to keep lending the senior club money that they never seem to be able to repay.

Talking about raping and pillaging, how is fat richo going there at he hole. He is doing a pretty good job of ignoring his own and stealing from other areas. All the staff are on the verge of resigning due to this idiot.

kbw

Bench
Typical deluded. Hiding behind uncle nick fat wallet. When it drys out then what fold you will. Enjoy the bottom two again expensive losers.
Ha you are deluded, I have a fair bit to do with St George junior clubs, I bet you don't and I bet you have absolutely no idea

kbw

Bench
Ok fair enough. Hopefully the club and our juniors as a whole can continue to build. Your other point about how we support our juniors rings true.

I hear there is bit of a kerfuffle with souffs juniors at the moment with them threatening to not allow our kids to play in their comp next year. Not exactly sure what it's about but seems a petty thing to do. Doesn't help anyone.

The kerfuffle will be sorted and the Easts clubs will be back there. We need them they need us.

BillyBigDusters

Juniors
Oh great another $ouff$ tosser and this one is even more ignorant than they normally are.
The Roosters have quite a substantial budget that is spent on their local juniors every year, yes a lot of that goes to Souths Juniors but it makes sense to play there especially considering the wonderful job they do.
Now $ouff$ seniors are an absolute crock that don't put a cent into the juniors infact Souths Juniors have to keep lending the senior club money that they never seem to be able to repay.

Talking about raping and pillaging, how is fat richo going there at he hole. He is doing a pretty good job of ignoring his own and stealing from other areas. All the staff are on the verge of resigning due to this idiot.

How the Feck would i know what Richo is doing you insufferable oik?

The charter of Souths juniors is to provide opportunities for young men to progress into the senior ranks at Souths, always has been, it was the premise on what souths juniors was founded on & allowed it to gain tax advantages through the years, it was a community assets & still is, we don't survive without each other really

BillyBigDusters

Juniors
The kerfuffle will be sorted and the Easts clubs will be back there. We need them they need us.

need you? pfffft Let that sick little second hand car dealer put his hand in his kick & start his own comp, see how you go, filthy scum, get back in the shadow you've always been in