What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

Whats Doing

Bench
A contract that Mead signed what, 3 or 4 years ago. If you think he's worth the same now you're kidding yourself. He was unwanted at the Titans for 2017 and wasnt offered a contract.[/QUOTE
A quote from someone who has NFI.
For a player who can play very well at both winger and fullback you are kidding yourself if you think he is worth $1300000 and the Broncos would be paying a sizeable amount outside the cap.
The Titans have signed Hayne and need to make some cap space which is why Mead, Hoffman and McDonald were released and to be replaced by less expensive players. That is not to say in the case of Mead he is not worth something similar to what he was on st the Titans.

Parra47

Juniors
2014 Auva'a was a very good NRL centre. At certain times in that year he looked like he could be anything. Carrying the ball in both hands, offloading, beating opposition players one on one and sometimes just running straight over the top of them. He looked for all the world like a younger Steve Matai.

Since he came back from his NRL suspension he's been worse than average and has barely shown glimpses of any of the skills that made him so potent in 2014. Obviously had some demons to deal with. If Parramatta can get his head in the right place and he shows some of his 2014 form again, he'll force his way into the side. Otherwise, he'll probably find himself in NSW cup for most of the year.
Pretty much spot on.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I'd rather they sign a half but it could work out well. The problem is Jennings and Taka would be hard to displace in the centres. Would he get a wing spot?

Bazal

Post Whore
I believe everyone deserves a second chance...but it'll be f**king hard to support someone who bashed his missus, so in a way I hope he never makes it out of Wenty

betcats

Referee
Wouldn't surprise me tbh DWZ has been signing one year contract extensions the last couple years, you only do that if you think you are going to get bigger offers. We have two international outside backs coming back next season so he might be the odd man out. He also comes from a big family and has a wife and his church in his pocket and Penrith still have Waqa and Peach coming off contract after next year I think. I really hope we can keep him as I think he is a gun but we have another really good young FB in Edwards as well so it does make some sense. It probably comes down to how good Gus is with a brown paper bag and how much he wants to be at Penrith.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
We need a full back, badly. Everyone weve tried there has been average

I dont know if DWZ is the answer but hes sure as shit better than any of our current options

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Makes perfect sense, why would any young player want to stay at the panthers? They're going nowhere.

Newcastle on the other hand!
What a stupid thing to post. Almost BM-esque

How do you think clubs build back up? Where do you think DWZ fits into Penriths plans with Whare coming back? Whats Penriths offer worth, if any, compared to Newcastles?

nick87

Coach
Hasn't DWZ been signing one year deals basically waiting for Moylan to move to the halves?
With Cleary and TMM, fullback looks like Moylan's FG home, so it makes sense that DWZ might be headed to a club with cap room to offer good dollars and vacancy at the position he wants to play

Charlie124

First Grade
What a stupid thing to post. Almost BM-esque

How do you think clubs build back up? Where do you think DWZ fits into Penriths plans with Whare coming back? Whats Penriths offer worth, if any, compared to Newcastles?

Good god this forum has gotten boring in the past year or so... :(

Kids just don't seem to have a sense of humour anymore.

Latest posts