What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toulouse in League 1

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Toulouse choke in the final, defeated 24-22 by Rochdale. They get another chance in the play-offs but that is a huge fail by them and by the league format.

Agreed it's a game too far from the Rfl. they were unbeaten on 41 pts, 8 clear off Rochdale and +/- of 714! typical of the French to lose though they never do things the east way. they will play York in Toulouse next week which they should win and then play the winner of Barrow and Doncaster. all of which they flogged in the regular season

jim_57

Staff member
So it's the RFL's fault now that Toulouse lost a match?? Man I love this place! :)

I think people are suggesting the fact they or any team that finished 1st should have auto-promotion and 2-5 can play off for the second promotion spot. They had 20something weeks to sort out who came first, it shouldn't be decided by some needless extra mickey-mouse "promotion" match.

langpark

First Grade
I think people are suggesting the fact they or any team that finished 1st should have auto-promotion and 2-5 can play off for the second promotion spot. They had 20something weeks to sort out who came first, it shouldn't be decided by some needless extra mickey-mouse "promotion" match.
Fair enough, if that's the position you've always held. But I think either format is fine.

If for example, 1st and 2nd were tied on points, then there was an 8-point gap between 2nd and 3rd, then you might think differently.

Plus, had the roles been reversed here, had Toulouse travelled to foreign soil to beat an undefeated red-hot favourite, i'm sure you'd all be hailing them as gutsy and courageous etc etc.... I really cannot believe the sore loser reaction that's goin on here, that's sport, teams win, teams lose, deal with it. And I want them to go up, but I still say well done to Rochdale for their super effort and I believe Toulouse will still go up.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
So it's the RFL's fault now that Toulouse lost a match?? Man I love this place! :)

It's no one's fault but their.own that they lost that particular game. however that particular match even exists is damming on the Rfl in their normal procedure of over complicating things when simple is.most effective. leave it as first past the post at this level and the story writes itself. last Sunday the league community would have been celebrating an unbeaten Toulouse side and wondering what they can achieve next year and further.

York next week in france is winnable then it's the winner of Barrow v Doncaster in the playoff final.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Toulouse beat York 62-10 in the play-off semi. Apparently York traveled with only 12 players due to a number of problems at their club so this one was a walkover really. TO face Barrow or Doncaster at home next week to determine the final promotion spot.

adamkungl

Immortal
Sounds like it was a well fought game from Barrow. Great news for International and French Rugby League.

Next year hopefully Crusaders and Wolfpack can make the jump

jim_57

Staff member
Sounds like it was a well fought game from Barrow. Great news for International and French Rugby League.

Next year hopefully Crusaders and Wolfpack can make the jump

Think Ironmen would be a better chance if we're looking at Welsh teams. Toronto should really walk it with the squad they've assembled.

flamin

Juniors
Pardon my ignorance, but are Toulouse stronger than their previous go in Championship?
And if so, what's the reason for the improvement?

Latest posts