What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL State Championship 2016 - Burleigh Bears (QLD) V Illawarra Steelers (NSW)

The Partisan

Cutters certainly deserved their win but think it was a case of Burleigh just not getting out of the blocks after last week's game.

They are a better team than what they showed today.

drago brelli

Bench
Burleigh will smash them up the middle with their big pack and bench

Cant see them losing

I also thought that Burleigh, at least on paper, were going to be very competitive. But as Jack Gibson but really Vince Lombardi would say, "the game's played on grass not paper". I was always interested to see how Drew Hutchison was going to go against different opposition.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Ive watched most of Burleighs games all year and they based their attack around a Bulldogs style of running their big men through the middle then letting Fogarty and Cullen create points

They for some reason went away from this in the State Cup final. They also looked dog tired

I was honestly shocked with how poorly they played, particularly their defence.

Credit to Illawarra who came out with a great game plan and executed with energy