What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 membership renewal

silverex

Bench
Of the TOTAL number of Dragons supporters there would only be a small percentage (my guess) who come into this Forum.

Of those who do come in here, there is a high percentage who are not renewing.

I'd like to know how many (I know it's impossible to find out) of the TOTAL number of Dragons fans are not renewing their memberships. Maybe Facebook would give a wider view (I'm not on Facebook).

Not renewing will only make an impact if it takes place across the wider group of supporters, not only the ones who come in here.

BrissyRedV

Bench
Of the TOTAL number of Dragons supporters there would only be a small percentage (my guess) who come into this Forum.

I'd like to know how many (I know it's impossible to find out) of the TOTAL number of Dragons fans are not renewing their memberships. Maybe Facebook would give a wider view (I'm not on Facebook).

Not renewing will only make an impact if it takes place across the wider group of supporters, not only the ones who come in here.
This forum, twitter and Facebook do provide a snapshot of how people are reacting. But we will not truly know the outcome until season start when we can compare numbers to previous seasons.

blacksafake

First Grade

The large majority of comments on facebook are pretty much along the same lines as this forum.

BennyV

Referee
Just got the phone call from the club. They didnt ask me to renew, the poor guy noted that I had previously stated I'd not be renewing if we retained Mary, and simply asked if that was still the case. He asked for a few extra details on my thoughts on the whole thing, but he sounded completely beaten. Mentioned he was a Dragons man himself and could understand the concern (held back from saying he disagreed with Mary's retention) but did say that there were many, many more in the same boat.

Highland Saint

Juniors
Just had the call, told them I was dropping from Kog & Gong to just Gong. Didn't even get asked why. I think he thought that retaining 50% of my membership was a win. Gotta be pretty ugly in there

silverex

Bench
When I made my call to opt out of renewing the young girl asked if I had a particular reason.

I gave the standard ones - McGregor/Doust, RGRV, Thursday nights etc. She didn't put up any argument. Probably heard it all before.

I have to admit though, I felt sad afterwards. It was a bit like breaking up with a long-term girlfriend who I still liked.

Red V for life

Juniors
Current total memberships according to Dragons website a moment ago is 495 and we're 2 days in. That's more than I expected to be honest.

The way you all describe how the renewal calls have been handled by the salespeople, I gotta feel sorry for them. They should insist Mary, Doust and co man the phones for a few hours.

Actually, that's a bad idea. Seeing Mary in "press conference" mode could you imagine what he'd come up with in "membership sales" mode?

glenndragon

Juniors
Woo Hoo
Considering that we had already won shit tins of premierships before 1980 our conversion rate since has been 1 in 37 years.
To quote the late great Richie Benaud
Simply Marvellous.
Yep a once in a generation premiership win....lucky my kids got to witness that one!!

Old Timer

Coach
Yep a once in a generation premiership win....lucky my kids got to witness that one!!
Looking at the Avatars one might say I know exactly where you're coming from.

By the way did you see in another thread, how we were suspected as being the phantom biter?

How dare they say that about us, nothing phantom about what we did on the paddock.

We might have to put a rocket up some people later so to speak.

I though the wait from 66 - 77 was horrible let alone 79 - 2010 but the next one might be one that I have to watch from a different grandstand if the club doesn't react to the issues facing it.

I just hope that common sense prevails quickly and we see a return to a club we respect and admire for its efforts on and off the filed and a club that understands it's members and devoted supporters.

gonz

Juniors
Current total memberships according to Dragons website a moment ago is 495 and we're 2 days in. That's more than I expected to be honest.

The way you all describe how the renewal calls have been handled by the salespeople, I gotta feel sorry for them. They should insist Mary, Doust and co man the phones for a few hours.

Actually, that's a bad idea. Seeing Mary in "press conference" mode could you imagine what he'd come up with in "membership sales" mode?
Are they counting 1-2 game packages to that total?

glenndragon

Juniors
Looking at the Avatars one might say I know exactly where you're coming from.

By the way did you see in another thread, how we were suspected as being the phantom biter?

How dare they say that about us, nothing phantom about what we did on the paddock.

We might have to put a rocket up some people later so to speak.

I though the wait from 66 - 77 was horrible let alone 79 - 2010 but the next one might be one that I have to watch from a different grandstand if the club doesn't react to the issues facing it.

I just hope that common sense prevails quickly and we see a return to a club we respect and admire for its efforts on and off the filed and a club that understands it's members and devoted supporters.
Not to mention being the main suspect of the captain,max krilichs missing eyebrow on the 82 kangaroo tour.....A rocket needs to be put up this current administration, no more happy clapping till the managers start managing by relieving the current first grade coach of his duties, pronto.

Old Timer

Coach
Great piece of trivia re the eyebrow it was a much talked about event on that tour.
Boyd and Rocket were somewhat surprising picks for that tour and if memory serves me well when Stanton was asked why he picked Boyd he said, simple he hates Pommies and when asked about Reddy he said, simple he hates Boyd and will do anything to get in the team before he does.

Just got the phone call from the club. They didnt ask me to renew, the poor guy noted that I had previously stated I'd not be renewing if we retained Mary, and simply asked if that was still the case. He asked for a few extra details on my thoughts on the whole thing, but he sounded completely beaten. Mentioned he was a Dragons man himself and could understand the concern (held back from saying he disagreed with Mary's retention) but did say that there were many, many more in the same boat.

Yep another phone call.

Interesting to see if they have also done this in previous years when people do not want to renew.

Or is it a sign of where they are at with minimal renewal numbers for next year.

BringTheNoise

Juniors

As someone previously mentioned that is most likely members looking to retain certain seats.

It would be interesting to get a breakdown of membership sign-ups/renewals month by month from the 2015/2016 off season to get a fair comparison to this current membership drive as it unfolds leading up to March 2017.

Latest posts