What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AUS v NZ Test Match Thread - Saturday 15 Oct (5pm AWST/8pm AEST/ 10pm NZDT)

Burns

First Grade
Welcome to the Official Match Thread for Discussion of the Perth Test!

NZL-LUteams.png

1. Jordan Kahu 2. Jason Nightingale 3. Solomone Kata 4. Shaun Kenny-Dowall 5. Jordon Rapana 6. Thomas Leuluai 7. Shaun Johnson 8. Jesse Bromwich (c) 9. Issac Luke 10. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 11. Kevin Proctor 12. Tohu Harris 13. Jason Taumalolo
Interchange: 14. Lewis Brown 15. Martin Taupau 16. Manu Ma'u 17. Adam Blair 18. Joseph Tapine 19. Gerard Beale

Source: http://www.nzrl.co.nz/fanzone/news/2016/10/two-debutants-in-perth-test-line-up/

AUS-LUteams.png

TBA

TEST INFORMATION
Played at nib Stadium, Perth- Capacity: 20,500

Panorama1-SSR-match-stadium-shot-1.jpg

Referee: TBA
Touchline Officials: TBA
Video Referees: TBA

BROADCAST INFORMATION

Televised in AUS on NINE from 7:30pm Saturday 15th October
Televised in NZ (will update)
Televised in UK (will update)

Other Infomration
  • Is the first international rugby league match played in Perth before the upcoming games in the 2017 RLWC.
  • Match has sold very well, reportedly only 2,000 tickets remain unsold.

Cold Roses

Juniors
One of the best Kiwi forward packs to ever line up. Having said that, JWH really needs to deliver in this game and the Tournament.

TIM !!!!!!

Juniors
MATCH OFFICIALS CONFIRMED

Referee: Ben Cummins (AUS)
Touch Judges: Brett Suttor (AUS) & Shane Rehm (NZL)

Cheif Review Official: Bernard Sutton (AUS)
Assistant Review Officials: Ben Galea (AUS) & Henry Perenara (NZL)

Matua

Bench
Wow really? SKD is one of the best centres in an era with a distinct lack of quality centres, whereas Kahu is a bum who doesn't belong at this level.

Rapana should be fullback with either Fusitua or Beale on the other wing. Kahu left right out.
Meh, the Tongan Kata shouldn't even be on the field. Kahu can come into the centres with Fusitua at fullback.

Kahu earned another shot for the Kiwis for stopping the ANZAC match from getting too embarrassing with his heroic defence.

expansionist

Juniors
Anyway, back to the thread - I am really hoping for a damn strong NZ showing here. I cant wait for this game!

I love international RL!!

lafai

Bench
Takairangi should of been there instead of Kata. But even then isn't Brad a Cook Islander.. lol

That forward pack is terrifying

Arucard

Juniors
I would honestly like to be assured that Kata is actually eligible for NZ..
He lives in NZ and plays for the Warriors. Under our pathetic rules, that's enough. Disgusting and disgraceful. He doesn't represent me, my family or my culture at all.
If he didn't play for the Warriors, he wouldn't be able to play for us.

adamkungl

Immortal
1) Residency rules are pretty standard in world sport.

2) New rules mean he isn't abandoning Tonga

3) Tonga isn't even playing a game this summer. For this, most of all, I can't blame him.

Whoosh

Juniors
When's Mal name the Aussie side? I know that Woods and Mansour are unavailable, so that means a couple of players will debut. Maybe Shannon Boyd and Valentine Holmes?

The side could be:

Boyd
Holmes
Inglis
Dugan
Ferguson
Thurston
Cronk
Scott
Smith (c)
Boyd
Papalii
Cordner
Merrin

Klemmer
Morgan
Thaiday
Gillett

I was hoping Ponga the Maori would pledge his allegiance to us, but looks like he's following the Tamou path of being a Maori and playing for Aus.

Apparently Val Holmes told Kearney he'd play for the Kiwis, but changed his mind once his parents told him he could earn more $ playing Origin. It would've been nice to have him at fullback for NZ this series. Oh well.

adamkungl

Immortal
I was hoping Ponga the Maori would pledge his allegiance to us, but looks like he's following the Tamou path of being a Maori and playing for Aus.

Apparently Val Holmes told Kearney he'd play for the Kiwis, but changed his mind
...once he remembered that he was born in Australia and grew up in Australia

roughyedspud

Coach
He lives in NZ and plays for the Warriors. Under our pathetic rules, that's enough. Disgusting and disgraceful. He doesn't represent me, my family or my culture at all.
If he didn't play for the Warriors, he wouldn't be able to play for us.

how long has he lived in nz?

flamin

Juniors
Throw in RTS and Foran that's an unbelievably strong side. But the absence of those two could be crucial.

Latest posts