What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Crowd Watch

Raiderdave

First Grade
The status & exposure given to the sookerwhos
Compared to the same given to the kangaroos

The league test destroyed the sooker world cup qualifier for overall viewers despite the sooker getting far greater exposure.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
What's your measure Dave?

I've provided iron clad statistics relating to ratings, and we all see the crowd figure of 20,283, a near full nib Stadium.

By contrast you're spewing Hanson-like rhetoric about "status and exposure" without quantifying it.

Raiderdave

First Grade
What's your measure Dave?

I've provided iron clad statistics relating to ratings, and we all see the crowd figure of 20,283, a near full nib Stadium.

By contrast you're spewing Hanson-like rhetoric about "status and exposure" without quantifying it.

Number & size of articles in news papers & online
Frequency & length of discussion in sports sections of news on tv , generic sports programs on t.v.

All unbalanced & skewed to other men's national football teams.
While the ratings indicate the Kangaroos are the most watched , they don't get the coverage to match this status.

Valheru

Coach
Frequency & length of discussion in sports sections of news on tv , generic sports programs on t.v.

While the ratings indicate the Kangaroos are the most watched , they don't get the coverage to match this status.

lol "The size of articles".

Taking your assertion of media coverage at face value, you do realise that the soccer match meant more, it was a WC qualifier (The soccer WC is kind of a big deal) against a top Asian opponent as opposed to a warm up test for the 4 nations.

Timmah

Staff member

You're still spewing rhetoric Dave.

What is the number and size of articles in news papers and online?

Detail the frequency and length of discussion in sports sections of news on tv and generic sports programs?

As someone who lives in a non-traditional RL market I found the Kangaroos v Kiwis match got plenty of coverage in the media in the lead-up. That might be due to the Smith-Cronk connection but even so... it was there.

Conversely, the build up down here for the Socceroos game on Tuesday night was quiet, despite this city being the host venue.

Raiderdave

First Grade
lol "The size of articles".

Taking your assertion of media coverage at face value, you do realise that the soccer match meant more, it was a WC qualifier (The soccer WC is kind of a big deal) against a top Asian opponent as opposed to a warm up test for the 4 nations.

A big deal
That was watched by nearly 1 million less Australians then the game in Perth.

Lol
So many lols

Raiderdave

First Grade
You're still spewing rhetoric Dave.

What is the number and size of articles in news papers and online?

Detail the frequency and length of discussion in sports sections of news on tv and generic sports programs?

As someone who lives in a non-traditional RL market I found the Kangaroos v Kiwis match got plenty of coverage in the media in the lead-up. That might be due to the Smith-Cronk connection but even so... it was there.

Conversely, the build up down here for the Socceroos game on Tuesday night was quiet, despite this city being the host venue.
Well I don't think it got enough , so we'll agree to disagree.
Who determines what is & isn't a big deal exactly ?
The viewers
Or the media telling us what is or isn't ?

The latter at least try to in a lot of cases
Pushing their own agendas.
The media have pushed the idea that international rugby league is dead for decades , but apart from cricket there is rarely anything bigger From an international point of view then a league test as far as Australians are concerned

Timmah

Staff member
A big deal
That was watched by nearly 1 million less Australians then the game in Perth.
Our game was broadcast nationally on 9, except Adelaide.

Their game was not broadcast on the main channel at all, and only appeared on 9Go!.

Think that might have something to do with it?

Well I don't think it got enough , so we'll agree to disagree.
Who determines what is & isn't a big deal exactly ?
The viewers
Or the media telling us what is or isn't ?

The latter at least try to in a lot of cases
Pushing their own agendas.
The media have pushed the idea that international rugby league is dead for decades , but apart from cricket there is rarely anything bigger From an international point of view then a league test as far as Australians are concerned

Wait on, I and others have quantified what we understand with facts and figures, while you've continued to push theoretical and anecdotal evidence. That's not 'agree to disagree', Dave, that's you unable to back your position because you have no actual evidence but your own opinion/perspective. You're entitled to it but it doesn't mean much.

We all agree the Test is a big deal - it's clear from the crowd, the ratings and the media attention it got, that it was.

Flapper

First Grade
Why wasn't it shown live in Adelaide just out of curiosity? Are Nine SA just thumbing their noses at the broadcast deal or doesn't it include them even though it's meant to?

Raiderdave

First Grade
Our game was broadcast nationally on 9, except Adelaide.

Their game was not broadcast on the main channel at all, and only appeared on 9Go!.

Think that might have something to do with it?

Wait on, I and others have quantified what we understand with facts and figures, while you've continued to push theoretical and anecdotal evidence. That's not 'agree to disagree', Dave, that's you unable to back your position because you have no actual evidence but your own opinion/perspective. You're entitled to it but it doesn't mean much.

We all agree the Test is a big deal - it's clear from the crowd, the ratings and the media attention it got, that it was.

And you're entitled to yours
It doesn't mean much to me
I've backed my position. You say the ratings prove I'm wrong.. I say they prove I'm right.
It doesn't matter that this soccer world cup qualifier wasn't on the main channel because When they are it's barely any different.
They Still get slaughtered.

It's an unbalanced coverage of the 2 sports
Nothing is more clear.

Timmah

Staff member
And you're entitled to yours
It doesn't mean much to me
I've backed my position. You say the ratings prove I'm wrong.. I say they prove I'm right.
It doesn't matter that this soccer world cup qualifier wasn't on the main channel because When they are it's barely any different.
They Still get slaughtered.

It's an unbalanced coverage of the 2 sports
Nothing is more clear.
Nothing you've said is clear.

You've said "it's barely any different" when a WC qualifier match is on a main channel.

When did this last happen? What were the ratings then?

I'm still wondering what is unbalanced, you have literally no evidence that the WCQ received better or more quantifiable coverage in any major masthead than our test did.

You actually just seem to be complaining to have something to argue about.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Lol
Just because it isn't clear to you doesn't mean it's not clear bozo

You know exactly what I.mean
But because I pasted your ass to the wall in the finals schedule thread , you're pretending not to understand

It's a simple idea .
Australias media do not give the kangaroos the profile they deserve based on the ratings they attract compared to other international teams & what they receive.

Anyone who thinks they do treat the kangaroos fairly
Is a tool