What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sheffield Shield Season 2016/17

TheParraboy

Staff member
Kicks of on Oct 25 (2 games: NSW v QLD in QLD, WA v SA in PERTH)

Our first test against South Africa is on Nov 3 (In Perth).

4 day break between the two

I wonder if Boof will have any of them playing in the Shield opener, as a warm up?

chigurh

What a stuff up Starc's injury was... Apparently his wound hasn't fully healed yet? Fingers crossed it's not gonna hold him back this summer, interesting to see how he goes over the next few days.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Starc is picked but he can be rested in the second innings and replaced by the Rug.

Looks like cricket's version of the bench.

TheParraboy

Staff member
His missus said during the NSW v Vics one dayer last Friday that he was gonna have a bowl after that game, and also would be playing in the Shield game, and that he cant wait for the test. Hopefully its not all gas talk and he is fit and raring to go come Nov 3

Anyone know of any legal live streams of the Shield games. I have the next 2 days off work, wouldnt mind watching a bit of it. Though by the looks of it, all 3 games are Day nighters

TIGER14

Bench
Anyone know of any legal live streams of the Shield games. I have the next 2 days off work, wouldnt mind watching a bit of it. Though by the looks of it, all 3 games are Day nighters

Cricket Australia website are streaming it.
From memory it's normally just a crappy webcam with no commentary or anything though. Could be different this year I guess.

RockWheel

Bench
Cricket Australia website are streaming it.
From memory it's normally just a crappy webcam with no commentary or anything though. Could be different this year I guess.
Depends on who's hosting I think. South Australian home games have commentary I think, maybe NSW as well?

TIGER14

Bench
Depends on who's hosting I think. South Australian home games have commentary I think, maybe NSW as well?
Yeah the Redbacks normally do a good job of it.

Looks like it's crappy webcam and no commentary for QLD v NSW and VIC v TAS today.

TIGER14

Bench
Kurtis Patterson loves a partnership.
131 with Henriques in the Matador Cup final, and now just brought up 200 partnership with Steve Smith at the Gabba.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Morons won the toss and fielded, lol

Smudger and Kurt Patterson with a ton each

2/251

TIGER14

Bench
It does continue a trend though.
NSW 2-229 before the lights came on, currently 2-30 after they've come on.

This is from Day/Night Sheffield Shield matches last year:
CStRNU4UcAA5p8i.jpg

TheParraboy

Staff member
early declaration by the blues paying off a bit

QLD 1/11
NSW 7/327dec.

Khawaja the danger man, I reckon he will get a ton like Smithy to press test selection..