What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boxing

BuderusIsaBeast

Juniors
Have always been a big boxing fan and feel the sport is starting to come back around with an excellent group of good young fighters. Any boxing fans on here?

BuderusIsaBeast

Juniors
Yep, big boxing fan. The sport though is still corrupt as f**k.

I have never seen a sport try so hard to destroy itself as boxing does. Hopefully in the coming year we can see Golovkin v Alvarez and some of the young wleterweigths square of like Thurman v Garcia. It would be good to see the next generation of heavyweight liek Wilder and Joshua to come through aswell

Frankus

Juniors
I have never seen a sport try so hard to destroy itself as boxing does. Hopefully in the coming year we can see Golovkin v Alvarez and some of the young wleterweigths square of like Thurman v Garcia. It would be good to see the next generation of heavyweight liek Wilder and Joshua to come through aswell

Golovkin needs to move up or down a weight class - no one wants a piece of him at 160. His is so far out of everyone's league it is not funny at 160. Alvarez would be cannon fodder against him - Golovkin would blast him out within 5. Golovkin's chin is pure granite - haven't seen as good a chin at middleweight since probably Hagler. I think he should look at fighting the winner of Ward and Kovalev at a catchweight of say 166-170. Or agree to Alvarez or Lara at a CW of say 155. I could also see him sweeping up belts at 168 too - maybe Ramirez or Degale bother him but I doubt it.

Joshua already holds a belt (Martin basically gifted it to him) and Wilder does too but will become champion in recess given his injury. So don't know what you mean by come through? If you mean that one of them actually fights a live body such as Ortiz, Parker, Haye, Wlad, maybe Pulev - then I agree. Instead they are cherry picking sure things. Such is the boxing world. Wlad still has a couple of decent years left in him I think and I think beats Joshua if their negotiations proceed to a fight date next month.

Otherwise Joe Parker is mandatory for Joshua and should look at taking that next year if he can't the interim WBC belt that will soon be available.

BuderusIsaBeast

Juniors
Golovkin needs to move up or down a weight class - no one wants a piece of him at 160. His is so far out of everyone's league it is not funny at 160. Alvarez would be cannon fodder against him - Golovkin would blast him out within 5. Golovkin's chin is pure granite - haven't seen as good a chin at middleweight since probably Hagler. I think he should look at fighting the winner of Ward and Kovalev at a catchweight of say 166-170. Or agree to Alvarez or Lara at a CW of say 155. I could also see him sweeping up belts at 168 too - maybe Ramirez or Degale bother him but I doubt it.

Joshua already holds a belt (Martin basically gifted it to him) and Wilder does too but will become champion in recess given his injury. So don't know what you mean by come through? If you mean that one of them actually fights a live body such as Ortiz, Parker, Haye, Wlad, maybe Pulev - then I agree. Instead they are cherry picking sure things. Such is the boxing world. Wlad still has a couple of decent years left in him I think and I think beats Joshua if their negotiations proceed to a fight date next month.

Otherwise Joe Parker is mandatory for Joshua and should look at taking that next year if he can't the interim WBC belt that will soon be available.

He may be fighting Jacobs in December which I see Golovkin winning easily. Lara may give him a fight style wise but I still see him getting knocked out. I agree that the only real challenge is against Ward and Kovalev but GGG seems very comfortable being the middleweight king.

I was talking about them fighting some decent opponents. While Wilder and Joshua are both technically champions (thanks to the alphabet rubbish) I won't consider them legit until they face guys that will give them a fight. I actually Parker has the best win against Takam then both of them. It looks like he will fight Ruiz Jr next which is a good fight that I see him winning. It is a shame the Aussie boxing scene is struggling ATM. To many young fighters padding there records which is costing them when they fight overseas

shiznit

Coach
He may be fighting Jacobs in December which I see Golovkin winning easily. Lara may give him a fight style wise but I still see him getting knocked out. I agree that the only real challenge is against Ward and Kovalev but GGG seems very comfortable being the middleweight king.

I was talking about them fighting some decent opponents. While Wilder and Joshua are both technically champions (thanks to the alphabet rubbish) I won't consider them legit until they face guys that will give them a fight. I actually Parker has the best win against Takam then both of them. It looks like he will fight Ruiz Jr next which is a good fight that I see him winning. It is a shame the Aussie boxing scene is struggling ATM. To many young fighters padding there records which is costing them when they fight overseas
I'm a kiwi so I've obviously seen a lot of Parker because he's been rammed down our throats but I think he's starting to really get better.

I like the fact he seems like he's actually trying to get better with each fight... instead of just sitting on the mandatory spot.

Just on Aussies fighters...

Although I've always thought he was very rudimentary and limited as a fighter compared to others at the top of the division.... I've always liked Lucas Browne.

Has always been a classy bloke. I was extremely happy he won his title shot earlier in the year and even happier he's been cleared of doping. I hope he keeps winning and makes huge money for himself.

I'd love to see him and Parker maybe fight to possibly unify 2 of the titles somewhere in Australia/NZ... it would be great for boxing downunder.

BuderusIsaBeast

Juniors
I'm a kiwi so I've obviously seen a lot of Parker because he's been rammed down our throats but I think he's starting to really get better.

I like the fact he seems like he's actually trying to get better with each fight... instead of just sitting on the mandatory spot.

Although I've always thought he was very rudimentary and limited as a fighter compared to others at the top of the division.... I've always liked Lucas Browne.

Has always been a classy bloke. I was extremely happy he won his title shot earlier in the year and even happier he's been cleared of doping. I hope he keeps winning and makes huge money for himself.

I'd love to see him and Parker maybe fight to possibly unify 2 of the titles somewhere in Australia/NZ... it would be great for boxing downunder.

Parker vs Browne would be excellent and just the fight that is needed in Australia to bring more attention back to the sport. I see Parker wining that one in a exciting fight. Jeff Horn is fighting some solid competiton atm, can't really say the same for to many of Australia's young boxers sadly. George Kambosos is one who I think could break out this year if he was being manged better

Frankus

Juniors

Browne was stripped of his belt. So he would need to win it back to unify anything. Also it was a WBA regular (not super) champion belt. Fury holds the WBA super.

No disrespect to Browne (who has underestimated power) but he is not in the same class as any of the current title holders. I think a rematch with Chagaev he loses comfortably. Parker's hand speed is rivalled by maybe only David Haye in the HW division. Browne doesn't deal with that well at all. I think he gets blasted out by Parker in 4-5 rounds.

shiznit

Coach
An actual great boxer from australia is Jeff Horn, has superstar written all over him.
Yup... the dudes a great fighter.

He's fought a fair bit over here in NZ as he's being promoted by Duco...

So we've seen him a lot... great to see him getting the spotlight now.

Horn is very reckless and gives his opponent every chance to drop him in the couple of fights ive seen. Very exciting fighter though

BuderusIsaBeast

Juniors
An actual great boxer from australia is Jeff Horn, has superstar written all over him.

Big fan of Horn, it looks like he will face Errol Spence jr next who is arguably the best young star in boxing. I can't see Horn winning but in this era where fighters are constantly dodging challenges I resepct him immensley for wanting the fight

Valheru

Coach
Was it me or did Mundine not look well at the presser? He looks like someone who has realised his career is coming to an end.

I am surprised Mundine is going to 83kg, he must need the pay day. I hope Green belts him but if it goes to points Mundine will probably get the decision.