What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bruce Gordon take-over still on .

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Wow the mole is somehow a reliable source again. I guess some of you guys would believe anything as long as it's anti-Illawarra.

Umm the NRL would just respond "Lol and what licence are you going to play with?" St George do not own the licence, and do not have the legal right to just take it and threaten the NRL.

If St George ever came to them and said that, the NRL would just tell them to f**k off and find another competition to play in. If the joint venture was to ever split up, and both sides wanted to run a team, Illawarra is far more likely to get the licence as it has significantly more going for it for the NRL.

Ahhhhhh the NRL has a billion dollar tv deal which stipulates 16 teams.......and the way things stand (no Gordon involvement) it's most likely they would grant the licence to St.George rather than Illawarra. Too much history, too many supporters.......it will be like Souths Sydney ring re-admitted into the comp in 2000.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I read recently that only 3 clubs made a profit in 2016 all other lost loads of cash. Parra biggest losers with 11mil with all their dramas.

Saints are not the only team struggling here but the way the press love to kick us when we are down you would only think they are the only team struggling.

I just don't understand if Gordon loves the club and is a billionaire, what is 10mil worth to him? Seriously if I had a billion and I can own a major share of Saints I would see 10 mil as a bargain. Not even hesitate to hand over the cash especially if I know I am going to be pulling the strings and not have this rubbish management make a mockery of the team I love. Seriously I am confused here. I am sure he won't miss that 10mil in a hurry and will surely make it back in no time with other businesses he has that make a profit.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
He is in his freakin 80's for FS. Doesn't he want to enjoy watching his team play good footy than play like rubbish on his weekends whilst he can? Does he want to be the richest man in the cemetery? What joy will that bring to him when he is 6ft under?

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
I really don't think he is that much of a footy fan.......I thought he was going this deal as a fan, but he may be trying to workout the best deal from a business perspective. If so, then his doing it for all the wrong reasons.
Rusty is just a phone call away Bruce, give him a call.......

BringTheNoise

Juniors
I really don't think he is that much of a footy fan.......I thought he was going this deal as a fan, but he may be trying to workout the best deal from a business perspective. If so, then his doing it for all the wrong reasons.
Rusty is just a phone call away Bruce, give him a call.......

What is the logic behind this thought? He's sick of money so he's going to pay off someone else's debt to buy a share in a business that fails to make a profit?

I don't know what his motive his either but I'm sure there has to be more to it than just business.

Coffs dragon

Bench
With all respect to Bruce Gordon, he will probably pass away from old age....before the Dragons & NRL pass this f**kin deal!!! Time is not on his side whilst we all wait for the Dragons due diligence decision making.

Latest posts