What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boxing

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
His hand speed is off the chart, and his speed in defence is just as good, he is very hard to hit.
He impresses me EVERY fight but after awhile Im still wondering just how good is he. The Bailey fight shouldve ended my doubts cos Bailey is a KO king but then I started wondering if ole Randall was washed up. Heres got a good fan base here in NZ, probably NZs favourite aussie boxer. Hope he goes well.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Willis Meehan looks like a solid prospect. I'd like to see square of against Junior Fa although a doubtful match up early in their careers but there'll be plenty of interest.

Frankus

Juniors
Willis Meehan looks like a solid prospect. I'd like to see square of against Junior Fa although a doubtful match up early in their careers but there'll be plenty of interest.
If he's anything like his old man, he will have a suspect mandible.

Looking like Browne will face Shannon "the Cannon" Briggs for the WBA belt. Even at 45 I see Briggs winning this within 6 rounds. He has never faced an opponent who can deliver bombs to his body like Briggs will.

Parker will take on Andy Ruiz for the WBO belt. The winner has been ordered to fight David Haye within 120 days. If he opts to take the fight - I see Haye/Parker as a 55/45 fight. I'd love to see Haye get KTFO but he will probably duck Parker (assuming Parker wins) and wait for a big pay day with Joshua in the UK.

Joshua has cherry picked another tomato in Eric Molina to fight in December. He is yet to face a world class opponent at all. But that is the boxing world today.

shiznit

Coach

Looking like Browne will face Shannon "the Cannon" Briggs for the WBA belt. Even at 45 I see Briggs winning this within 6 rounds. He has never faced an opponent who can deliver bombs to his body like Briggs will.

Parker will take on Andy Ruiz for the WBO belt. The winner has been ordered to fight David Haye within 120 days. If he opts to take the fight - I see Haye/Parker as a 55/45 fight. I'd love to see Haye get KTFO but he will probably duck Parker (assuming Parker wins) and wait for a big pay day with Joshua in the UK.

Joshua has cherry picked another tomato in Eric Molina to fight in December. He is yet to face a world class opponent at all. But that is the boxing world today.

If Parker beats Ruiz... and it's certainly no given... apart from fighting Haye within 120 days he would also have the option of taking a unification fight which take precedent over a mandatory.

So he could either fight Haye(The Mandatory), Joshua(IBF), Wilder(WBC) or Browne/Briggs(WBA).

Pretty big fight either way... Browne v Parker to unify the WBO & WBA in Sydney would be a massive fight for boxing down our neck of the woods.

BuderusIsaBeast

Juniors

I can see Browne winning quite easily. Briggs is badly shot and his punch output and power has faded badly, Browne is very limted as a fighter but he can punch which he showed against Chagaev who is three times thie fighter Briggs is at this stage. I think Browne either wins a easy decison or kncoks him out late

Frankus

Juniors
I can see Browne winning quite easily. Briggs is badly shot and his punch output and power has faded badly, Browne is very limted as a fighter but he can punch which he showed against Chagaev who is three times thie fighter Briggs is at this stage. I think Browne either wins a easy decison or kncoks him out late

I don't see it that way. I also don't rate Chagaev very highly at all. Briggs is 45 - I expect him to fade badly, but he can still bang. If it goes beyond 6 - I agree with you. Browne should win, I doubt by TKO though. Briggs has the toughest chin Browne would have faced. It is a sad state of affairs when you have Lucas Browne and Briggs in a HW title shot though. Neither are top 10 HWs IMO.

BuderusIsaBeast

Juniors
I don't see it that way. I also don't rate Chagaev very highly at all. Briggs is 45 - I expect him to fade badly, but he can still bang. If it goes beyond 6 - I agree with you. Browne should win, I doubt by TKO though. Briggs has the toughest chin Browne would have faced. It is a sad state of affairs when you have Lucas Browne and Briggs in a HW title shot though. Neither are top 10 HWs IMO.

We can definetley agree that both aren't top 10 heavyweights and neither should be near a title. But such is boxing

BuderusIsaBeast

Juniors
Anyone see the Ward vs Kovalev fight today. Excellent fight and very close. I had it 6 rounds all with Kovalev's knockdown the diffence. However anyone calling that fight a robbery is crazy. I can't help but feel the way Ward seemed to adjust and almost work out Kovalev on the second half of the fight we will see a clear but still competitive win for Ward in the rematch

Frankus

Juniors
Anyone see the Ward vs Kovalev fight today. Excellent fight and very close. I had it 6 rounds all with Kovalev's knockdown the diffence. However anyone calling that fight a robbery is crazy. I can't help but feel the way Ward seemed to adjust and almost work out Kovalev on the second half of the fight we will see a clear but still competitive win for Ward in the rematch
Yep, I bought it on PPV.

I had it 7-5 Ward with him winning rounds 3, 5, 7, 8, 9, 11 and the 12th. Although rounds 3 and 12 could have gone either way. Could have easily been 114-113 or even 115-112 to SK and I would have not been surprised. Some very close rounds. The only rounds easy to score with a clear winner were 1,2,7 and 9. The rest really depends on who seemed more aggressive and was the busier fighter.

Kovalev needs to cut off the ring like he usually does if there is a rematch.

Jeff Horn fighting on foxsports 1 from 5:30 tonight if anyone is interested.....also some Kiwi plodder fighting for a heavyweight world title :p

Latest posts