What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos targeting Jason Demetriou

Dorsai

Juniors
Welcome to McGregor world. Young and Hornby as assistant coaches who will be signed to three year not performance based contracts.

Its the end of the club based on this rubbish.

Its been mentioned, lets screw the club that bad a saviour will be welcomed with open arms to save us all. WIth their own agenda and no public statement on what they are going to do or how.

The whole affair smells something awful.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
On the upside, Saints retain Paul McGregor as head coach for 2017.

*The sound of crickets chirping in the distance can be heard*

hazzbeen

Bench
Welcome to McGregor world. Young and Hornby as assistant coaches who will be signed to three year not performance based contracts.

Its the end of the club based on this rubbish.

Its been mentioned, lets screw the club that bad a saviour will be welcomed with open arms to save us all. WIth their own agenda and no public statement on what they are going to do or how.

The whole affair smells something awful.
Its like anyone decent seem to be getting out of the place quick smart . Surely something has to give....

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Disappointed to the max. But really, no-one hear can be critical of his decision. The Dragons are becoming a departure lounge...........I wonder when the next flight is?

The only option left would be the assistant coach at the Panthers (name escapes me).

FlameThrower

Bench
Perfect...this is how we plan for the future, how we cater for an Option B if Macgregor fails miserably .. We are in an absolute shambles going into preseason ...

FlameThrower

Bench
Disappointed to the max. But really, no-one hear can be critical of his decision. The Dragons are becoming a departure lounge...........I wonder when the next flight is?

The only option left would be the assistant coach at the Panthers (name escapes me).
That's a good one....pinch an assistant coach...any coach....don't need to know his name:grinning:

Dragon Revival

Juniors
If Demetriou does go Doust will probably say that the Dragons can not afford four First Grade coaches in the future. Accordingly because Demetriou was the last coach appointed he was going to be let go at the end of 2017 but the Dragons will not stand in the way of him being groomed to take over as the Broncos' coach. Further either Hornby or Young will take over as the Coach of the Cutters.

saintjeff

Juniors
He will takeover from wayne
He is a good coach
We should have kept him , when Mary fails nobody to replace him mid year
Only hope a new coach in 18
Its a jobs for the boys club
Has to stop so we can head in the right direction

kit66

Bench
Wayne / Broncos get whatever they want.
I'm so fed up with this b.s. club and Doust and the other idiots running the show. Who else would let a talent like JD just walk away. How toxic must our club be for him to jump ship at the first opportunity.
I still think Young senior has a lot of sway at the club and can't wait to install his son as coach. I reckon as early as May next year.

Dragsters

First Grade

That's a good one....pinch an assistant coach...any coach....don't need to know his name:grinning:

His name is Garth Brennan, decent coach apparently but it means little to us me thinks.

Not sure what he doing next season but I can't see him at the Dragons.

I'm gutted that we managed to lose JD.

Far less to be excited about next season now.

No you can't begrudge him the opportunity for an extended contract but surely the club should have seen what the donkeys saw and locked him up long term here?

Then gain surely not!

Amateurs...

emu62

Juniors

IMO pointless looking at assistant coaches, we just let the best one go
Then again fits in perfectly with Dragons logic

Drakon

Juniors
When I just looked at the Saints site, I felt this shock go through me. It was literally like reading of a death in the family. I was so excited at the prospect of JD eventually being our coach after the Cutters State win. How can he possibly be let go?! Heaven and high water should have been moved to keep him. Gutted here but good luck JD. Hopefully he will perfect his trade and come back one day!

mobels

Juniors
The clubs a deadset joke and the whole board and coaching staff needs to be overhauled. The clubs still living in the 50s expecting everything to eventually come good without implementing any changes.

Mary has to go, Doust has to go, most of the board has to go and the idea of 'jobs for the boys' has to go.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Maybe he included a clause in his contract that like Shaun Nona, "if a 1st grade coaching opportunity arises, he can get out of the Bronco's contract and take up that opportunity"....................wishful thinking on my behalf.
BTW, Facebook in meltdown with people wanting to cancel their recently signed memberships.
JD should have been locked up straight after the Cutters GF win, but now the Board and Doust have really backed themselves into a serious corner. If McGregor fails (and we all know that is odds on ATM) they really have no back up and no support staff to run the football club.
Eggs all in one basket approach.
Mullholland, Ayoub and now JD, the hemorrhaging just keeps going on and on.

If I were Doust (God help me if I was) I would be in damage control, looking for any "good" news that would calm the oncoming tsunami of crap that's about to thrown at the club. Whatever that is, it would have to be something or someone that would totally distract from this disaster.
Only the removal of McGregor as HC would calm the brewing storm IMO.
Re-signing a few key players (Leilua) and those off contract at 2017 seasons end will not suffice at this time. We need positive, strong and definitive news, but as people have already alluded to, what we will get is Hornby or Young announced as the Cutters coach, or that membership has topped 6000,

I'm sorry Doust and Co, that's not going to cut it, only the sacking of McGregor can save you now.

Its like anyone decent seem to be getting out of the place quick smart . Surely something has to give....

"I am very excited for the opportunity the Broncos and Wayne have given me and I look forward to the years ahead," he said.

"It's a very strong club, with great leaders and a great roster, and I look forward to playing my role in that."

He is lucky he wasn't here long enough to get too badly tainted by the stench.

Everyone can see that the 'leadership' at the Dragons is the 'millstone around our neck'... anyone that is even half decent and not a desperate works it out very quickly... he is just another notch on the Dragons belt of incompetence.

'Incompetence is the true crisis'

Ben_Kusto_magic

Juniors
I find the wording of the press release interesting. "Granted an early release from his coaching contract to take up a multi-year offer with the Brisbane Broncos". Surely after his success he had a multi-year future at the dragons?
Unless the Hasler rumour has some legs and we couldn't guarantee his position beyond this year?
we can only hope!

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
I find the wording of the press release interesting. "Granted an early release from his coaching contract to take up a multi-year offer with the Brisbane Broncos". Surely after his success he had a multi-year future at the dragons?
Unless the Hasler rumour has some legs and we couldn't guarantee his position beyond this year?
we can only hope!

I have no hope. That's a year away and every chance Des will get a better offer at a smarter club in that time.

hewi

Bench
Like everyone else I am speechless. He was contracted for another year FFS. What will happen to Nona? He was the only bright light on the horizon. I agree with the post re Craig Young earlier. This is a rerun of the early nineties only there is no Geoff Carr there to fix it. We are rooted!!!

Latest posts