What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what changes should england make for the australia match

roughyedspud

Coach
some changes need to be made imo

1. ratchford,lomax just does'nt do it for me,ratchford is far more creative and more of a "2nd pivot"

2. j-mac.done nothing wrong

3. watkins...needs a serious rocket up his arse,im tempted to stick john bateman here to defend against GI

4. sarginson or percival...has to be one of em..

5. hall

6. williams

7. josh hodgson...sod it

8. graham

9. daz clarke

10. scottt taylor

11.liam farrell,he's a workhorse,tackling machine that needs to hunt down JT like beau scott does

12. whitehead

13. sam burgess,needs to stop whining to the ref and play his game

14. widdop

15. chris hill

16. tom or george,one of em,we can't afford both of em coming on cocking up,id start issuing fines for every loose carrier,knock on and penalty they give away!

17. mike cooper...think he's been fantastic every time he's pulled on a england jersey

roughyedspud

Coach
Like i keep saying...we should have picked matty smith..(with gale,widdop & williams)

Give gale & widdop a crack..gale earned his chance,not got a problem with that..but we would have had options when it didn't work

Smith & widdop works,we know that..

Smith & williams works good enough for wigan to win grand finals..

Pommy

Coach
More to the point who the f**k decided to play this on a Sunday afternoon so that it's played on a Monday morning in the sports biggest market. Seriously how inept do you have to be to dream that up.

RedVee

First Grade
Like i keep saying...we should have picked matty smith..(with gale,widdop & williams)

Give gale & widdop a crack..gale earned his chance,not got a problem with that..but we would have had options when it didn't work

Smith & widdop works,we know that..

Smith & williams works good enough for wigan to win grand finals..
Could Williams play 1/2, with Widdop

marv

Juniors
I would go Williams and Widdop, I like Hodgson/Clarke in their correct position. Gale has to go though.

roughyedspud

Coach
I would go Williams and Widdop, I like Hodgson/Clarke in their correct position. Gale has to go though.

tanya arnold asked bennett before the kiwi game "how close was williams to getting the nod over gale for the halfback spot"...bennett said.."he wasn't close cos williams isn't a halfback"

bennett is stubborn enough to remember that and not make himself look a fool

roughyedspud

Coach
More to the point who the f**k decided to play this on a Sunday afternoon so that it's played on a Monday morning in the sports biggest market. Seriously how inept do you have to be to dream that up.

england is the sports biggest international RL market...and when nine or fox stump up more money than the BBC do then maybe the ARLC can dictate kickoff times

also you have to take into account other sporting events happening in london that weekend,the met police have a massive say in that..theres...

ENGLAND soccer V SCOTLAND at wembley on friday night
ENGLAND union v SOUTH AFRICA at twickers on saturday afternoon
ENGLAND RL v AUSTRALIA at the olympic stadium on sunday afternoon

massive weekend that...the other fixtures where sorted out long before ours..thats why we're on sunday!

Pommy

Coach
england is the sports biggest international RL market...and when nine or fox stump up more money than the BBC do then maybe the ARLC can dictate kickoff times

also you have to take into account other sporting events happening in london that weekend,the met police have a massive say in that..theres...

ENGLAND soccer V SCOTLAND at wembley on friday night
ENGLAND union v SOUTH AFRICA at twickers on saturday afternoon
ENGLAND RL v AUSTRALIA at the olympic stadium on sunday afternoon

massive weekend that...the other fixtures where sorted out long before ours..thats why we're on sunday!

Didn't realise it was that busy thought it would be quiet with no PL/Championship. Still frustrating that nobody with a life can actually watch it here.

Latest posts