What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Telegraphs New Low

Tiger5150

Bench
The Sunday Telegraphs article today regarding "The Culture of Bullying and Abuse at the Wests Tigers" is a disgraceful new low for this rubbish media organisation.

Puting aside the fact that they publish a defamatory article based on a spurious report about the culture at the Tigers written and compiled by Robbie Farahs barrister, they use a large photo of Mosese on the front page linking his tragic suicide with the agenda they are pushing. Disgusting.

Vic Mackey

Referee
The article has already been taken down from their website.

I know the paper is a joke but honestly how can they actually put a completely fabricated article on the front page of the country's biggest paper?

It's beyond belief what the media is allowed to get away with. I would love to know how much money changes hands fromplayer managers to journalists.

The article has already been taken down from their website.

I know the paper is a joke but honestly how can they actually put a completely fabricated article on the front page of the country's biggest paper?

It's beyond belief what the media is allowed to get away with. I would love to know how much money changes hands fromplayer managers to journalists.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s/news-story/effad83dc32a6d30f1eabec4013293d1

Its still there.

A SHOCKING culture of fear, bullying and harassment is threatening to rip the Wests Tigers apart.

A damning report by the Rugby League Players Association alleges at least two NRL players have considered committing suicide, while others spoke of being bullied to the point of tears.

The report, prepared in the 2016 pre-season, accuses the NRL club of having a “total lack of concern for player welfare’’.

Several Tigers players had alerted the RLPA about their “major concerns about player welfare and wellbeing’’ at the club.

The report is scathing regarding the club’s treatment of players.
The eight-page document contains a series of scathing comments from unnamed players. One made the alarming claim that some of his teammates were “thinking about ending it’’, while another accused the club of failing to improve player welfare after the suicide of prop Mosese Fotuaika in 2013.

“Having already had a player take their own life at this club I am scared it will happen again,’’ the player said. “This club hasn’t learned anything from what happened with Mosese. To be honest I think it has gotten worse. I know two players this year (2015) who have thought about suicide. The thought of it makes me sick.’’

Tensions between players and coaching staff feature heavily, with several players talking of wanting to switch clubs.

a5fca494c8b6687c544c5b91de9fb8c4

Mosese Fotuaika, with partner Shanice Alaiasa. The Tigers player committed suicide in February 2013
“The best thing to happen to me was getting an offer from another club,” a player said. “If I stayed at the Tigers for one more season I would either have bashed him or I would have done something to myself.”

The report raised serious concerns about the treatment of injured players.

“I was injured this year,’’ a player said. “And for the weeks that I was out and in rehab (coaching staff) never contacted me once.

“When I was fit to play he had a go at me for not putting the team first by being lazy in my rehab.’’

The document alleges the Tigers ignored the welfare of former captain Robbie Farah, who left the club this year after a widely reported feud with coach Jason Taylor. The report alleges the Tigers were only concerned about the club’s image during the long-running feud between the captain and coach that finally ended with Farah quitting his contract.

b675eecf0098ae5e31ca3b8e16d98d0d

The bitter feud between Taylor and Farah ended when the former skipper left the club.
“The situation with Robbie Farah and the meeting I attended highlighted a total lack of concern for player welfare issues from the club,’’ the report states.

The club “had no real issue with the way Robbie’s situation was affecting him personally” with the greater concern being the fact the feud played out in public was affecting the club’s image.

“It was evident Robbie had not been afforded any welfare support from the club,” the report states.

The Tigers confirmed the authenticity of the report and admitted to having obtained the document.

“Players are bullied to the point that after the game one of the boys was in tears,’’ one player said.

“Injured players are ignored by senior coaching staff and some boys fear getting injured because they think they will never make it back into first grade. If boys have off-field issues they are treated like shit.”

FIRST: Sharks sign Sims to historic deal

STEP DOWN: Graham to quit as Bulldogs captain

The report was prompted by the RLPA State of Play survey.

“Players told me about their teammates contemplating self-harm,’’ the report states. “Others have lost confidence and self-esteem.”

The nature of the comments by several players prompted the RLPA to write the damning report. “Normally such a paper would not be provided,” the report’s author wrote.

“However, issues relating to player welfare and wellbeing are of a serious nature, the welfare department at the RLPA has documented all issues so that a plan to improve can be developed.”

Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe yesterday declined to comment while an NRL spokesman said they had not received a copy.

abe9874ce71d4527392cc95a607d62e7

The report details other players could take their own lives like Fotuiaka.
“We have not seen that report as it was prepared specifically for the club,” the NRL spokesman said.

NRL CEO Todd Greenberg said the NRL’s welfare department had done a lot of work with the Tigers in the year since the report was compiled.

“If we can provide any further support to players or the club we will do so,” Mr Greenberg said. An RLPA spokesman said: “A confidential discussion paper was presented to the Tigers at the end of the 2015 season. The Tigers administration recognised they needed to address some issues in relation to player wellbeing and they have been working with the NRL and RLPA Wellbeing and Education team to do that. They have made a commitment to make player wellbeing a priority.”

Hours after the club learned The Sunday Telegraph intended to publish the report, they announced on Friday the appointment of former player Dene Halatau to a welfare role.

IF YOU NEED HELP

Headspace - 1800 650 890

beyondblue - 1300 22 4636

Lifeline - 13 11 14

I believe the Tigers are genuinely looking at legal action. Would be a great day for the game if they did
I don't think they will mate as News Ltd will blow in Greenbergs ear if the club take action against News Limited.
Greenberg is putty in the hands of News Ltd. He hasn't got the spine to stand up to them.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I've heard this is history of bullying is why Tedesco won't re-sign with the tigers

I know that you're trolling but I'll bite.

Tedesco has recently sacked Ayoub as his manager as he worked out what a scum bag he is. I think either brooks or Moses might leave but by all reports teddy loves the joint and gets on very well with Taylor.

Stallion

First Grade
The Sunday Telegraphs article today regarding "The Culture of Bullying and Abuse at the Wests Tigers" is a disgraceful new low for this rubbish media organisation.

Puting aside the fact that they publish a defamatory article based on a spurious report about the culture at the Tigers written and compiled by Robbie Farahs barrister, they use a large photo of Mosese on the front page linking his tragic suicide with the agenda they are pushing. Disgusting.
Yes. The Telegraph is blatantly detailing negative stories to hurt rugby league. Once again News Ltd is doing its bit to undermine the code! I buy the Tele for the Friday form guide (and nothing else)and am amazed at the consistent negative stories that emanate from this publication. Very dodgy and ultimately owned by Rupert Murdoch whom does not see rugby league like we do and is not a fan.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Trump will do that if he doesn't believe in climate change, the hole in ozone above wa is bad enough as is!

Ps nice thread derail

Latest posts